Hostage Rescue

Moderator: Event

Miach

Hostage Rescue

Postby Miach » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:38 pm

Hostage Rescue

This event consists of teams of three.

Mana and Pots are allowed. Crimson Weapons and the Shard Blade are disallowed.

When I ask for pages: the team leader (otherwise known as the rescuer) will page me their two party members (who will be the hostages).

One party member will be the rescuer (the party leader) and the other two people will be hidden through the realms. These two people in remote locations are considered hostages. Hostages cannot move or attack or cast spells until they are partied. Once they are rescued (invited and joined to the party) they can fight like normal, but they must remain by the rescuer's side and never leave the rescuer or the party.

If the rescuer dies, the hostages must remain in place until the rescuer comes back to them (the hostages can still defend themselves after they've been partied).
Hostages who are left without the Rescuer = CANNOT MOVE.

Yes, the rescuer can heal and come back into the event after death, but hostages cannot. Once a hostage is dead, they are eliminated from the event.

Hostages cannot be attacked unless they have already been partied by their rescuer. This means:
Hostage before Rescued/Partied = DO NOT ATTACK.
Hostage after Rescued/Partied = ATTACKABLE.

i.e. if you are a hostage: you can't do crap until you're partied by the rescuer and no one can kill you until you're partied

Once a rescuer has saved/partied it's two hostages then they can return to the evacuation point with their party.

The rescuer will get no information where the hostages are, so it is up to the hostages to page their rescuer and call for help. Only the rescuer will be told the evacuation point. It is up to the rescuer who to save in what order and develop their own rescue strategy.

This is a PK Event. There will probably be PKing, be prepared for that. Your items, if dropped, will not be returned to you by staff members.

There will be several types of awards: 15PP to each surviving member of the first place finishing team to the evacuation point. 20PP for the person with the most hostage kills. Rescuer kills do not count toward this total. In order to qualify for the evacuation point you need to have at least one rescued hostage (the other one may have died).

This is somewhat of a race, once a team reaches the evacuation point, the event is over. If no hostages died, then no one gets the hostage kills PP.

Because this is a World Walking Event: If you are NOT in the event it is disallowed for you to get buffs, heals, or have other people who are NOT in the event help you.

This is a new event and as with all new events there may be some tweaking and changes if I find loopholes or see the need to fix an issue. Your suggestions are welcomed in the Life in Ciruin forums after the event is run to help me tweak it.

Return to “Event Rules”