Current Status and Upcoming - 09/23/18

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Current Status and Upcoming - 09/23/18

Postby NiteHawk » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:11 am

Hey folks! This is just a little update on what our current short goals are.

First off, Premium and the new community event boss. This has not been released due to trying to solve the crashes first. It's apparent that no crash boot system seems to be fixing this temporarily, and it's a needle in a haystack bug to sort out. The monsters aren't the cause for it anymore, as the big patch solved this, (and reason why crystal dragon is back), it's due to the players (though unaware). It will occur during higher activity events (So can still be caused when you fight the dragon/etc). I am working on resolving this FIRST before I release changes. It shouldn't take too long to come up with a solution.

We're going to try to stick with smaller updates again now that everything is synced up again. Most of the bugs in game have been resolved and soon as the crash issue is resolved or we have a way of ensuring the server is up all the time, I'll be working on the next phases with build. So we're pretty good on this front now.

What's next? Well, we're going to be working on two things:
-Things to do after level 25.
-Guild improvements (this one will be a slower process, but I'm listening to everything that's said on the forums/in game. Right now I have no exact say on what we're looking at doing yet)

----

'Things to do after level 25' - Professions
We're working on professions next. Some will go hand in hand with the guild improvements to benefit smaller groups, and some will be in the form of the new professions system.

The professions will most likely be split up into two groups, major and minor professions. Things such as disenchanting, making leathers, forging weapon, brewing potions, etc will be major professions. You can only take one or maybe two of these per character. They 'may' be based on stats too, but it's up in the air yet. Minor professions may or may not have a limit to how many you can pick. Professions like fishing and foraging would be minor professions. Anything that really involves collecting or minor impacts will be in this category. Professions will be most likely 'level' based per, so the better level in a profession, the more you can do.

We're hoping to add a whole trade market to the game using this system, but still allow it to be simple and easy to understand. We want to allow players who work really hard to get decent gear on their own, which I think is fair if they put the time into it. We could even allow improvements to currently existing game if we need and not just focus on creation.

Another thing to throw out, the prefix/suffix enchantments will probably also be part of this system as a major profession. It will be an interesting add!

----

We're also looking at releasing global embers after the professions too, but this will probably be mixed in with guild improvements too. Regardless of the way we go, I don't think it's fair if the current system existed and big guilds got the same bonuses a smaller guild would get, specially if X guild has 12 and Y guild has 4. I.E the bigger your guild, the less global bonus you'd get. I want these embers to have an IMPACT for smaller guilds and promote being smaller.

----

Anyways, that's all for now that gives you an idea on what's coming on our end in terms of gameplay enhancements. Enjoy

Return to “General News”