PvP vs PvE. PK/PKK system. Guilds.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

PvP vs PvE. PK/PKK system. Guilds.

Postby NiteHawk » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:55 pm

There has been a lot of talk and misinformation about what is going on with PvP and PvE in this game. Most of it seems to be based on randomness that even I haven't stated so I'm going to clear up a bit here.

--

First off, dragons 'will' eventually go PvE, but not right now. This has been something planned for months, even before any 'guild dominance' simply for the fact that it's generally not a fair system for the high end gear. I don't really think PvP and getting gear should be together, I think it causes a lot of drama. I've heard the complaints from all sides and all guilds have flip flopped from one side to the other (aka this is terrible to why change this, based on obvious reasons.) Dragons will most likely become some sort of dragon points, where you earn points to spend on dragon weapons (and armor). Everyone will earn it long as they have participated but it is still unsure on how it will be done. It could be based on activity, damage & support, number of hits, etc. I'm not sure what the most fair system is yet but I'm not focused on this right now.

So, why aren't we changing dragons yet? Well there are a few reasons, but the main reason is we need a proper outlet for PvP first. I want to make sure there is PvP going on in other locations that is fun and interesting before I change dragons. Factions will be one outlet for it, but it won't be the only. (Factions tries to promote 6vs6 fights at the moment with a possible 'max lives/returns' system, though this may be adjusted in the future.) We are working on other things as well.

Swapping dragons right now isn't a priority until we hash out other things. Crafting has to come in first, factions, other fun PVP things, etc.

--

The only 'true' PvE I want to introduce is areas that people who don't care about PvP at all. However, they will be lower XP and lower gold like arenas currently have. They are pretty much glorified arenas, but instead of pulling a chain to spawn a mob and sitting, you can actually move around and get a bit more immersed in the world. I also want to expand the unsafe areas so it's harder to get back to a safe spot (Similar to how we moved the Wiken Graveyard out so it's not attached to Wiken City anymore, except longer.). Then because we would have 'PvE' areas we should be able to remove the 'max kills per hour' rule and say 'if you travel in unsafe areas because you want better experience, then it's on you if you die or not.' (AKA no PK rules.) Simple and done. In this system anyways there is NO difference between an area that is PVE vs a arena that is PVE, and then make sure to reward people for leveling in the PVP areas, aka standard areas as they are now.

--

On top of that system, I want to simplify the PK/PKK system. The repent system sort of works, but it's overly complicated and mostly pointless. I feel like the PKers losing XP on a level 25'er is plenty enough as if you lose too much experience, you will lose stats until you relevel.

I want to do away with the repent system and just leave it if you PK an under 25er, you will be flagged as a PKer. You can be killed ANYWHERE but cities or outpost shops. (AKA You can't hide in a PVE area). When you die and as long as it is valid, your PK flag is removed, you lose XP, and you are 'safe' again. Pretty simple, no confusion or a strange system. Loss of XP will work as it is now.

--

I've heard some silly comments about PVE like:
[11:27] From XXX: anyways im sure now that most of YYY wants pve hawk will change it soon.

Are really stupid and make you look goofy, and pretty much looks like a attack on myself for some reason or another. I've never favored any guild and it's surprising certain people would think so. I simply don't care about your guild, their guild, or your guild drama 8) All of this has been planned awhile back -- including the dragons. I'm pretty certain I can pull messages of the same people messaging me that they should be PVE because it's fair, so it's silly.

--

TL:DR No, the game isn't going full PvE and never will. Making sure PvP is still relevant and fun is the top priority before swapping ANYTHING to PVE and that is currently not here yet. ALso, stop being goofs.

Thanks.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Re: PvP vs PvE. PK/PKK system. Guilds.

Postby NiteHawk » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:15 pm

Snippit from Discord about a couple things:

NiteHawk Today at 3:07 AM
The control crystals are being completely revamped, they will be faction based for example, give better rewards like stat boosts. On top of this, you will have to control them to earn points weekly for weekly rewards. It has a system in place for 6vs6 fights right now, there might be 'lives' in the future (aka if one dies another can re-enter up to a point) . Maybe more/less players depending on some specifics, I'm not sure yet 100% but I'll probably release it for a test run soon.

So simply put, capture control crystals in fair fights, warning occurs soon as they attack it, longer you hold crystals per week, the more points you get, the more happy you will be.

There are only 5 control crystals. There are 3 factions. Each faction can hold up to 3 control crystals, which means there is always going to be fighting, though there will be a break period once you save or defeat the crystal now (It's revised from the current system completely, and there isn't no 'neutral' control crystal status now, the crystal is either captured or not. There will also be some bonus rewards like being the underdog faction, you can't join the largest faction faction, etc. And obviously you cannot swap factions and expect rewards at the last second to cheat (if there was room in the faction that is.)
etc etc for that
Also want to bring in some faction events. and other things like that for it. but thats future stuff probably
I'm looking at other PVP stuff, not faction related , but we'll see

Return to “General News”