Ronin Agency (RAge)

anthriel

Ronin Agency (RAge)

Postby anthriel » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:53 pm

Ronin ("drifter" or "wanderer") – a warrior without a lord or master. It is an idiomatic expression for "vagrant" or "wandering adventurer", someone who is without a home.

This guild is basically a loose affiliation of any individuals who signal their intention to play (or idle) the game however they like, with whoever they like, whenever they like. We have no real rules, taxes, ambitions, expectations or dominions as a guild.

We exist merely to offer an extremely loose definition of “community” to players aspiring to play their characters as mercenaries, sell-swords, expendables, vagabonds, vagrants, bums, drifters, hobos, beggars, wanderers, bandits, outlaws, wildlings, free-folk, swindlers, tavern sitters, roleplayers, court jesters, idlers, trolls, Caribbean pirates, derelicte male models, Ironborn of House Greyjoy, white-knight newbie helpers, serial newbie killers, political insurrectionists, anarchists, masked vigilantes, flash-mobbers, mob-flashers, tall dwarves, half-breed halflings, unicorn chasers, bounty hunters, blue shard dealers, doomsday prophets, heretics, circus freaks, interpretive dancers, aspiring hip-hop artists, …and the like.

We welcome anyone and don’t care if you have alts in other guilds or have been rejected by all other guilds. But join only if: (a) you have your own way of generating fun for yourself; or (b) you largely intend to idle and don’t care about activities… because this guild does not really guarantee that any entertainment of any kind will be generated for you. Hire yourself out to whoever you want, for whatever price you want and feel free to kill other members if working for different people on any given day. Trade off your own reputation and reap whatever you sow.

Anyone who is crazy enough to actually want to /gapply and actually manages to catch me online to request a /ginvite can probably expect to be appointed an officer or leader immediately. Join to embrace the RAge free life :)

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

While I’m likely to be too inactive to actually deal with any actual guild administration (i.e. its unlikely that anyone gets kicked – though still possible), here’s a general code of 3 Ronin ideals to help you understand if the Ronin lifestyle is one you want to try:

1. Ronin Freedom – Almost anything goes, except we don’t condone TOS breaking activities. Each member likely has their own interests to pursue. You might therefore even find yourself fighting against other members who have been hired to work for the opposition. Some members might be inactive, idling, or have merely joined as a statement of protest about something. Since we accept anyone who applies, you may not even like some/many of the other members in the guild. If any of these things are unpalatable to you (i.e. you cannot deal with this in a mature way), then this is not the guild for you. However, we do frown upon anyone who intends to join only for the means of destroying the freedom of other Ronins (e.g. using the guild as a means of merely killing Ronin levelers, harassing people etc).

2. Ronin Honor – The guild itself has no reputation, alignment or goals. Each member trades by their own reputation. I don’t care to police anything. If members want to screw people who hire them over, then they live with the reputational consequences. Therefore we encourage each member to write an ‘identifier’ name in their Bio and we frown upon any impersonating of other Ronin. You may remain anonymous if you wish, but potential clients/friends will likely have greater suspicion that your anonymous character is actually an untrustworthy ass.

3. Ronin Rates – Vagabond adventurers need to earn their bread and ale somehow. Therefore as payment for our services, Ronins generally expect to be included in a /randparty of any spoils from whatever activity we are engaged in. Individual Ronin’s may choose to lower/raise their prices if they wish, but this is a general standard expectation for loot distribution when partying with Ronins (whether within internal Ronin parties or when Ronins are hired to work for external clients).

daedroth

Re: Ronin Agency (RAge)

Postby daedroth » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:43 am

If i was not in a clan, I'd probably join this one. One caveat though, you need to add sheep fondlers to the list of potential candidates (this I feel is very important).
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

anthriel

Postby anthriel » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:36 pm

daedroth wrote:If i was not in a clan, I'd probably join this one. One caveat though, you need to add sheep fondlers to the list of potential candidates (this I feel is very important).

Sure Daedroth. If Silh gives you the freedom to fondle sheep at will then RAge definitely shouldn't deny you this freedom as well. Unless of course you are fondling another member/player who is actually role-playing as a sheep and your advances are unwanted by them.... Then I'd probably have to frown at you while someone with real power threatens to ban you for harassment. Apart from that - fondle away (if that floats your boat)! :)

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:02 am

anthriel wrote:
daedroth wrote:If i was not in a clan, I'd probably join this one. One caveat though, you need to add sheep fondlers to the list of potential candidates (this I feel is very important).

Sure Daedroth. If Silh gives you the freedom to fondle sheep at will then RAge definitely shouldn't deny you this freedom as well. Unless of course you are fondling another member/player who is actually role-playing as a sheep and your advances are unwanted by them.... Then I'd probably have to frown at you while someone with real power threatens to ban you for harassment. Apart from that - fondle away (if that floats your boat)! :)

That sounds fair, but...
This leads to an important question... does anyone RP being a sheep in Ember Online? Merely curious.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Mort

Postby Mort » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:15 am

Yo gonna need an invite man.

Return to “Recruitment”