1.6.3.2d Changes

NiteHawk
Site Admin

1.6.3.2d Changes

Postby NiteHawk » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:43 am

-Fixed charged items when buying.
-Added a bypasslevel feature for rooms that allows lower levels to die in them.
-You cannot use potions while hidden with /hide anymore.
-Adjusted the find rate formula to have more variance. If someone has very high int and you have very low int, the chances of finding you are higher. If you have high int and they have low int, the chances to find are somewhat harder. Based on level 25 examples:
--Example A: If a hider has 20 int and a searcher has 10 int, the chances of finding you are 9% with the old formula. The chances of finding you are now around 5%.
--Example B: If a hider has 10 int, and a searcher has 10 int. The chances of finding you are 20%. This has not changed.
--Example C: If a hider has 10 int, and a searcher has 20 int. The chances of finding you are 39% with the old formula. The new formula chance is 69%.
--Example D: If a hider has 10 int, and a searcher has 22 int. The chances of finding you are 44% with the old formula. The new formula chance is 74%.

On NPCs this value is far less as it is now because they search every turn. 10 int vs 10 int with npcs is 3% per attack they do, 10int vs 20int is about 12%. If they have infra this value will be multiplied by as much as the infra gives. This was also effected with the changes but on a far less effect.

I don't think it is fair that slayers and thieves can hide and drink potions, and still make people have to use up several turns to find them while being able to backstab constantly. I did not want to change how slayers are too much when it comes to their damage as I like how they are, I think it they bring some strategy to play. This should make INT more useful, because even a few points into INT will go a better way in keeping yourself masked or finding a target. Remember, FF will shut down a slayer too, and WIS does not make the duration less anymore, so even a 15 int druid can get off a FF that lasts about a minute and a few seconds. We'll test this out and see how it plays out anyways.

Return to “Development Log”