1.7.1.1d Changes

NiteHawk
Site Admin

1.7.1.1d Changes

Postby NiteHawk » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:42 am

-Search and Hide Changes
--Slayers and Thieves no longer have hide delay timers. I'm testing something that will try to remove the timers from the game. I understand there is a slight issue with the power of assassins but it's something we'll have to deal with. (The polls were pretty half. So we'll attempt something else.)
--Search has been modified. The values PROBABLY need to be adjusted, it is as follows:
--PVP: Base 40% for = int. (10 int = 10 int, 24 int = 24 int). 2.5% per int point higher/lower. This means if you are a searcher with 24 int vs a 10 int, you will get found out 75% of the time. If you are a hider with 24 int vs a 10 int, it will be only 5%. Int will play an important role, and you will have to balance it on certain characters.
--PVE: Base 8% for = int. 0.5% per int point higher/lower.
--Minimum of 1% to find regardless of stats.
--Thieves have an additional 25% better hide chance than Assassins. (I.E. their base starts at 32% for PVP and 6% in PVE and scale better.)
--Being found out in PVP gives you a 2s flat timer. Being found in PVE still has a 0.5s timer.
--True sight (paladins casting sight on themselves) gain an additional +10 infra while active. This makes a paladin a better searcher with average INT and very good with high INT.

-Watchers have been re-added and tweaked a bit.
-Ranger pets blitz has been modified to have a slightly better chance to hit again. Damage is still lower then original however.
-Fixed a bug that could cause the server to crash from a NPC dying with a unique script.
-You now gain a 1% EXP/GOLD bonus per area you have captured in a guild. Visible with /gzones or /boost. This is a global (works in all areas.) We will see about making control crystals less annoying to deal with for both capturing and defending soon.

The search timers and the chance to find is all experimental and WILL need to be tested. EVERYTHING CAN BE TWEAKED. Please give it some time and test it out. I get this is a different approach, but I feel like this could be an OK system with all the penalties and effects that can occur on assassins/thieves around.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Re: 1.7.1.1d Changes (Some race changes)

Postby NiteHawk » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:33 am

-Drakeblood/Saurian gains +1 end and 2 armor.
Part of the above two is they don't accel in magic fighting, but should be better at physical fighting over an all rounder. I think this is needed for the sake of making them have better benefit in physical fights. Remember that each armor point is about 0.24% more active absorb, and a small amount of negation per hit. It may need to be tweaked even further but we'll start with baby steps. They are obviously also very bad at finding or searching. ;)

(At the moment the whole deal is do you want to be slightly weaker and be able to fight casters, or be a little better but get wrecked by them, and is the reason for those increments)

-Half-orc gains 4HP per tick and infra.
I don't think HOs are bad off, they didn't get any modifications, only some minor benefits on using them. May need to be adjusted but we'll see how it fairs. They have a very specific role.. Hard hitters, very good when you /protect them or do a hit and run approach.

-Everyone gets one FREE reallocation point. Drake/Saurians have been auto boosted +1 end already so feel free to save your reallocation.

If the MR resistance doesn't make enough difference we'll tweak it. We're trying to aim for a basic RPS ideal here. (though there are more factors in this now, like INT for hiders and INT for searching them.)

(P.S. By 'better at physical fighting, I do not mean 100% of the time, but they should be better in general at it.)

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Re: 1.7.1.1d Changes

Postby NiteHawk » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:52 am

Updated first post. It was incorrect. The timer does not increase based on people in the room. And there is still a small PVE timer (apparently there always was and it makes sense.)

--Being found out in PVP gives you a 2s flat timer. Being found in PVE still has a 0.5s timer.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:40 pm

-Search is tweaked a bit:
-In PVP: The base is now 30% instead of 40%. The increment is 1.75%. This means for slayers the low is 5.5% (14 int point difference), = is 30% (same int), and high is 54.5% (-14 int point difference), which is less then it originally was. For Brigs its 4.125% (14 point int difference), = is 22.5%, and high is 40.8% (-14 point int difference.)
-In PVE: The base is now 5% instead of 8%. The increment is 0.355%. This means a that you'll be harder to find a little bit.

Thanks!

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:45 pm

Not going to update the server version for this one:
-Fixed an issue when absorbing a corpse would give the wrong name. Was only a name display bug but could cause an error.
-Amount healed after a necromancer kills (or his pets) is based on intelligence. 24int = 10%, 20int = 8%... etc.. 10int = 3%.
-Because you get a heal even if your pet kills the NPC, the zombie itself killing no longer gives double heal amounts when the zombie is fully healed. (Was left in by mistake). Zombies still heal themselves on their own kills however even if you absorb HP as well.

Return to “Development Log”