1.9.0.15b Changes (April 21st Reset)

NiteHawk
Site Admin

1.9.0.15b Changes (April 21st Reset)

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:40 am

I was going to add this with the bigger update coming, but I've done a small update here instead to help with some current issues while we continue with our current tasks.

-Fixed an issue when trying to join a faction and it not allowing you.

-Fixed an issue with divinity/resists not applying properly when a spell added them and then the spell power changed (I.E. you leveled up, very rare issue, but an issue non the less.)

-Fixed an issue with /ignore and /r. You should not attempt to page an ignored player when they page you.

-Fixed an issue where it would display 0% activity for the rewards (but it still displayed the right amount of points/etc. Just a display bug when rewarded!)

-Attempted to fix an issue with the server where sometimes messages are lost. (I am not sure this will be resolved yet or if it can even be resolved as it's part of a bad network connectivity issue.. However let me know if you get lost messages still on discord.)

-Thieves now have a new ability called /spy. Based on level, they can view players/npcs up to three squares away in a set direction. I.E. '/spy north' at level 25 will display players/npcs three squares north of you. Hidden characters will show up as a shadowy figure. Being blind prevents the use of /spy. Being hidden while /spying does not reveal that you are using the ability. (This ability should already be in game now.)

-The way control crystals are captured are now changed.
--You attack the control crystal for a short period of time, and then a timer starts. After 5 minutes, you capture the control crystal. (This obviously means your comp should probably be focused on PVP as a safety thing.). The control crystal HP is decays to 0 in this time, and is also visible with messages from time to time.
--All attackers leaving the room removes the capture timer.
--A defender entering the room pauses the capture timer, but does not reset it.
--A defender must wait 2 minutes with no interruptions to successfully 'save' the crystal. (You can leave however if the attackers have no lives.)
--You get 20% participation for both defending/attacking regardless of the outcome now. (Win/Lose grant the same amount of participation now! I'm aware there could be issues with this, but we'll try this out to start.)
--Notifications should indicate what factions control crystal is under attack.
--Reward amount weekly regardless of your participation is capped to 500 points (600 for underdogs) which is still a lot of points, and higher then I really want it to be, but the whole idea honestly is not to get 2k points with just two people. I don't think this will occur much though.
--Minor bug fixes to the script where you could enter/attack a control crystal that didn't belong to you. This was never meant to be a thing.

I'm hoping this will somewhat resolve some issues and create some content. If it doesn't there will be other ways to 'force' more participation (instead of being shunned out of participation completely) but I don't want to go that hard just yet. We are also adding more 'constructive' ways to find players that work in game instead of being able to /i someone, and I think thieves are a good utility class to add it too.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Re: 1.9.0.15b Changes (April 21th Reset)

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:49 am

Just to state what's being added soon. (Not this update though!)

-More changes to the faction system
-MR balancing (and testing)
-Larger balance changes to knights and paladins.
-Some changes to minstrels that make them more useful (hopefully!)
-Some racial balance changes. (Some of which is interesting!)

Generally we're modifying a few classes, races, and mr in this update coming. Some classes may get a racial reallocation and/or account racial reallocations. Some races may get a basic reallocation point.

Thanks!

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Re: 1.9.0.15b Changes (April 21th Reset)

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:53 pm

-You can only attack one crystal at a time now per faction. The timer is a bit too fast otherwise and it's a bit exploitive to put one person in the room in 3-5 control crystals.

Return to “Development Log”