Build Changes/Dragons - 01-23-2021

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Build Changes/Dragons - 01-23-2021

Postby NiteHawk » Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:13 pm

Dragons have been dying far to fast the last few months and I've noticed now that at times some of the dragons take over 150k+ damage in one sitting! That's an impressive amount of damage! That means in three visits he will die in some cases. I think the amount of dragon items have been increasing a bit too fast because of this. (Last time I adjusted this the numbers were at maximum only around 40k+.). The spawn times will also be adjusted again (Though crimson/crystal will be untouched this time around as I think that's where they should be once dragon items are 'seeded' into the game, but Tempest/Virulent need to be tweaked especially now.)

It's been a few months since the last changes, and it needs to obviously be adjusted. In the future the Dragon HP will scale depending on how fast it dies so I don't need to tweak this again (and then the damage might also scale depending on players in the room.) but that is probably a thing for when we revamp dragons.

Current Changes:
-All Dragons have their HP increased from 384k to 550k bar Twilight Dragon. Twilight Dragon HP is 450k as twilight doesn't die as fast.
-Timers on Tempest/Virulent have been adjusted. Their items have been plenty of seeded now. Twilight is also adjusted. Crimson/Crystal remain the same.
-Exhaust timers were changed on tempest and virulent dragon (-0.5s on attack delay, -1s on exhaust delay). Twilight is unchanged. Crimson and Crystal got slight changes to their maximum attack delay as it was slower then their exhaust delay (bug).
-The dragons drop 6 scales now instead of 5 when their HP is slowly falling, and they drop 4 on death instead of 5. (Totaling 10 scales per life to death still.).

I don't think the HP is enough still, but I think it'll be better off at the moment until we can revamp them. I'm going to monitor the changes (Specifically the HP drop and the exhaust timers) and if they were over tuned I'll adjust them. I don't think it will really change much however, and I think some rebalancing in how the dragon 'gets harder' when more people are in the room is probably a more sound idea, but will take a longer time to do.

Thanks.

Return to “Build Log”