PVP and newbies - What to do?

killa

Re: PVP and newbies - What to do?

Postby killa » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:52 pm

I'm interested to know who was getting slaughtered constantly, unless provoked i only kill the same person 1 time per day its a personal rule. Clearly the above post was aimed at me (some slayer unless it was gem). Only purgatory do i occasional kill more than once because we have a rivalry/war going on... a guildless person I would never pk more than once in a day...

I don't have any advice for this post ill let everyone else sort it out, things aren't like rok after all!

Ardrahz

Postby Ardrahz » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:53 pm

criminals would only be dinied acces to safe zones until crim time(90seconds?) wears off. you could set a line of code while attacking to determine if the person attacked was innocent with if commands. stat loss would on apply for heavy PKs.
HomeGrown

killa

Postby killa » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:58 pm

ive spent enough time in jail irl i don't need it in a game thx

killa

Postby killa » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:59 pm

The answer is clearly one thing, all these other ideas are duds. PVP and NON PVP zones. Low level areas will be non PVP. Higher level areas PVP. Solves the problem. If you wanna risk leaving your no pvp zone for a little better XP, you risk the chance of getting pked.

killa

Postby killa » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:04 pm

Have more frequent moshes and stuff. I know I'm only one guy I'm not trying to make anyone quit but i want to have fun too :cry:

killa

Postby killa » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:08 pm

Maybe the main road connecting towns could be protected (guarded by guards) so people can travel safely. But wandering off the path is risky :)

Ardrahz

Postby Ardrahz » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:13 pm

@killa - the issue comes from 25s having ZERO reason not to PK. All the danger lies in leveling. Remember hearing all actions have consequenses? Well 25ers have no consequense to killing people.
HomeGrown

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:15 pm

killa wrote:I'm interested to know who was getting slaughtered constantly, unless provoked i only kill the same person 1 time per day its a personal rule. Clearly the above post was aimed at me (some slayer unless it was gem). Only purgatory do i occasional kill more than once because we have a rivalry/war going on... a guildless person I would never pk more than once in a day...

I don't have any advice for this post ill let everyone else sort it out, things aren't like rok after all!

It was not you at least with the recent one, but there was more then just one this week. Alot of new players are coming from the ads we have posted but they shortly leave once they find out, theres very little explaining and they dont understand that they will be killed, specially when not in a guild.

But this has come up more within the last couple weeks and we've lost a few players because it is now.

killa

Postby killa » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:19 pm

Ok now I'm gonna knock your socks off with my newest and GREATEST idea ever on this issue.

THE BOUNTY SYSTEM.

In town we have a "bulletin board" you goto the board to view "wanted posters" the game compiles a list of the top 3 pkers or so and the names are on the "board" Like FBI most wanted.

The "board" offers a "bounty" which would be technically a "quest".

When you hunt and kill the people with the bounties. The bounty resets to whoever the next in line is at the time, and the killed person restarts.

Then you can send full groups out (or solo) to hunt that person (sounds so fun) and collect a reward/quest for the bounty. (KS gets it)

Maybe the bounty pays in gold, exp, experience, PP, whatever....

I'm just brainstormin.......

Ardrahz

Postby Ardrahz » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:34 pm

I like the idea except where guildies would be the onces to accept the quest and take the KSs
HomeGrown

Return to “Archive Chat”