PVP and newbies - What to do?

killa

Re: PVP and newbies - What to do?

Postby killa » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:43 pm

Ya theres some thinking to do on it, but it could work out. And if you as the pker survive the onslaught, YOU can turn the quest in after X amount of hours. And of course theres no hiding. You can get wacked in your temple, at the city gates, in the starting tavern.

killa

Postby killa » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:45 pm

So you would have to earn your way onto the board through most PKs, then you have a chance at winning the prize, so why would you want to give it to your guildies lol. Essentially a world event autonomously run by the server and dependant totally on the players.

killa

Postby killa » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:46 pm

It would make the pkers the ones being hunted and pked, non stop lol

Ardrahz

Postby Ardrahz » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:50 pm

Now there is an idea i can get behind
HomeGrown

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:55 pm

Bounties have nothing to do with helping new players out and should be in a different topic.

We are talking about how to keep new player retention really. While a bounty system is a neat idea, it does not relate to helping new players at all.
But that would be abused. I mean if I was slaughtering players, then I saw a big bounty, I'd have a friend kill me and done deal, we split the gold, blahblah.

If it was to be a bounty system it would be player driven, with people placing bounties. But again, different topic. Doesn't help our situation out.

Ardrahz

Postby Ardrahz » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

So the question is, what penalty is fair to offer? the reason i pitched the crim system is it worked for UO perfectly. kept the end game players happy and full of blood and loot. but it also stopped them from entering towns and other popular pit stops due to openly being able to be demolished until killed.
HomeGrown

killa

Postby killa » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:01 pm

Well i put my ideas early, zones..

Only other idea i can see is a PK limit PER character. Say I'm out killing, i get a 5 kill a day limit per 24 hours, then its over. Something like that i could LIVE with i GUESS. Then i can just come online, meet my quota and go PVE for the rest of the day 8-)

Folder

Postby Folder » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:02 pm

I think bounties are an interesting idea Killa, but it doesn't really help the issue of lowbies getting murdered.

You guys have come up with some crazy stuff here, I think some of it is far too complicated. We don't want to punish pkers that defeats much of the purpose of the game. IMO simply changing the nopk level to 15 solves the big issues. Keep everything the same, just that one change. As Lat mentioned 15 is a new set of gear and some familiarity with the game.
<Silhouette>

killa

Postby killa » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:04 pm

That's all i got... I never really thought about it because EVERY other rpg ive played you got REWARDED for killing people, prestige points and such in MMOs. Its just hard with a small player base, I do understand the situation perfectly, just don't know what else to pitch....

Ardrahz

Postby Ardrahz » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:05 pm

Do a WoW style "nations" type of deal.
3 nations. each at war. allows for alliances and open pvp.
HomeGrown

Return to “Archive Chat”