24%
Other
18%

Total votes: 33
NiteHawk
Site Admin

Party Limit

Postby NiteHawk » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:27 am

People been talking about this so I want to bring it up.

Should we have a party limit.

In turn party limits will help as I may be able to eventually make quests party wise then, but it needs to be a limit of like 5 or 6 then. It also will help lower the lag that happens on the server, though the current issue is not due to what is going on here with parties. (Server lockup thing.) Might work well for OADs too if the parties are max X limit. Though not all OADs need the limit, the option is there. (You'd just have to travel in two groups for example). I think it is also good in a PK aspect of things.

Or we leave it as is, unlimited.

This does not include monsters.

Satsujin

Re: Party Limit

Postby Satsujin » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:11 am

I love the idea of a limit on party numbers. It opens up a lot of new options for what can be done with oads, and anything that can make oads more interesting is great for me.
Heave ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die...
Mahariel | 25 Brigand
Starlyte | 20 Cleric
Starstryke | 25 Stalker

BadCopy

Postby BadCopy » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:42 pm

I think 4 is more then enough for a party size for a game starting out and the numbers we have at the moment.

Metzger

Postby Metzger » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:42 pm

What about moshes, where guilds love to party up all together? Sometimes you have like 10+ members in one mosh.

I expect that will happen much more frequently a few months down the road too.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:37 pm

Metzger wrote:What about moshes, where guilds love to party up all together? Sometimes you have like 10+ members in one mosh.

Would still be 5 or whatever. And I think 5 at least helps balance it out a little more. In RoK most moshes we had were 5 people per, it helped prevent 15 member PVP parties as its alot easier for one party to control vs 2-3 parties to control. Not that is't super tough, they could sit around and wait, but often it makes it easier for others to deal with.

Metzger

Postby Metzger » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:42 pm

NiteHawk wrote:
Metzger wrote:What about moshes, where guilds love to party up all together? Sometimes you have like 10+ members in one mosh.

Would still be 5 or whatever. And I think 5 at least helps balance it out a little more. In RoK most moshes we had were 5 people per, it helped prevent 15 member PVP parties as its alot easier for one party to control vs 2-3 parties to control. Not that is't super tough, they could sit around and wait, but often it makes it easier for others to deal with.

Yea not that big a deal. We could still coordinate via guild chat or whatever.

Discern

Postby Discern » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:20 pm

6 sounds reasonable to me, as most games that's the max party. Even five sounds reasonable.

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:48 pm

I'm thinking 5 will end up being the max. a nice number to build around will make designing boss areas a bit easier too.

Folder

Postby Folder » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:40 pm

If we do party limits and start designing oad areas around that can we please make sure not ALL oad areas are designed to lock out groups? Fighting at an oad boss was a huge part of what made doing oads fun. It's totally fine to have some that are locked off (to anyone but the first group to go in), but I'd hate to see all the pking action taken out of oad areas.

Also worth considering how harsh you want oad areas to be. If someone dies can they not get back in? If you design a boss for 5 people and 1 dies right away will the group still be able to finish it? Will they get a 2nd chance or no because the room is now locked?
<Silhouette>

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:51 am

Folder wrote:If we do party limits and start designing oad areas around that can we please make sure not ALL oad areas are designed to lock out groups? Fighting at an oad boss was a huge part of what made doing oads fun. It's totally fine to have some that are locked off (to anyone but the first group to go in), but I'd hate to see all the pking action taken out of oad areas.

Also worth considering how harsh you want oad areas to be. If someone dies can they not get back in? If you design a boss for 5 people and 1 dies right away will the group still be able to finish it? Will they get a 2nd chance or no because the room is now locked?

Yeah that's what I think too. I.E. you can have two entrance keys for a total of 10 people lets say.

Return to “Archive Chat”