Dreads Bosses Despawn?! Dreads in General

Vindal

Re: Dreads Bosses Despawn?! Dreads in General

Postby Vindal » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:07 pm

Unless Folder camped in there from the night before (Not far-fetched in hindsight.) It definitely wasn't there. Unless maybe the door locks back after a certain period of time?

Lat, dreads by design is exactly that. As much PvP and it is PvE. I think the concept behind it is very well done, and it really is a ton of fun. But it is definitely a ton of waiting around, and I agree with Folder with spawn times shortened it is less of a time sink, easier to organize around, and makes the PK aspect for more impactful.

Folder

Postby Folder » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:53 pm

Nah I've noticed it despawned before as well, and you can't camp the place anyway. You log on back in Huldar.

Does this mean you're going to shorten the windows?! :D
<Silhouette>

Vindal

Postby Vindal » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:33 pm

Captain's Log Stardate 01102017

Today's Mission - Platform of Flames

As the crew slowly descended on the Platform of Flames in search of treasure on this newly discovered planet anxiety grew. I checked my tricorder noting the time as 12:27PM. The ancient texts from this world told us something may spawn around this time. At approximately 12:41PM a group of aliens appeared over the southern horizon. Luckily we had a full six people in the away party or else the five incoming aliens might have over taken us. At 12:44PM we declared victory over the invaders. Rounding 12:53PM Lt. Commander Diesel noticed a blip on his tricorder. Luckily it was the plant recently identified as a Vila Sprout and was take down in approximately four earth seconds. 1:05PM Unable to give up our position on this new and exciting planet due to lurking alien invaders the crew continues to wait anxiously, however, morale is low, and I fear Lt. Calvin might be slipping out of consciousness. 1:14PM Morale is at an all-time low. Lt Commander Diesel and Ambassador Tomb seem to have a misunderstanding. Good thing another Vila Sprout joined the frey and distracted them from their harshness. Ensign Gyko has disappeared.1:23PM An hour has passed since our original landing on this planet. The crew was welcoming to the third Vila Sprout that has attacked us since this mission started. The alien invader who calls himself Zaedan The Pitiful circles once again. While disheartened and broken, we know that we must remain steadfast if we wish to travel deeper into the Dreads Sector. 1:34PM Lt. Commander Diesel hates his new assignment and continuously questions my motives as Captain for forcing him on this mission. While I try to maintain order within my crew I understand where he is coming from. If I didn't have this journal to keep me pre-occupied I may have very well given up the search already. This two sun planet with absolutely nothing happening has finally taken its toll on the captain. My Tricorder reads 1:41PM and reluctantly we destroy another Vila Sprout. I can no longer tell what is reality and which is just our insanity manifesting. Science Officer Cere performs an experiment and tells us the Sungod Lavelia has appeared. While this anomaly seems to have scared off the invading aliens the true battle is still one that lies within. 1:47PM Lt. Calvin as well as Lt. Commander Diesel have officially abandoned their posts. I intend to court marshall them if we ever escape this dreadful place.1:59PM Amidst another thrilling Vila Sprout fight vows swearing to never explore a planet in the dread sector again are heard being spoken amongst the crew. Suddenly my head shoots him an a sense of heightened awareness, unfortunately still no treasure... I just nodded off. I check my tricorder ... 2:09PM. Around 2:15PM the infamous space villain KILLA lands on the planet. His intentions are unknown, I secretly hope he kills us all so we can abandon this mission. The Tricorder currently reads 2:23PM and the hard reality sets in. The crew could have watched the entirety of Wrath of Kahn instead of taking on this mission. Finally after a blistering 2 hours a sweltry elemental spawns at 2:30PM.

Key acquired. Only four more away parties until we can journey to the Dread Sector.

Folder

Postby Folder » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:22 pm

Thank you for this :lol: .

God damn it Lat plz.
<Silhouette>

Sicx

Postby Sicx » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:56 pm

Uh..yeah. Was pretty good. Let's use some spacing next time though. I almost quit at Stardate 01102017:12:27.
In game: Diablo, Satan, Sicx, Nyte
Guardians of Darkness

Vindal

Postby Vindal » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:05 pm

Yeah. I was originally gonna make spacing a thing around ech timestamp, but each entry doesn't begin at a time. I left it in paragraph because it felt more immersive.

Vindal

Postby Vindal » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:44 pm

Captains Log Stardate 01102017-B

Location - Platform of Darkness

8:55PM Revitalized from the emotional beating the crew took on our last away mission we have arrived on a new planet. Only this time, with a crew of three. Lt. Calvin is still unconscious from before and Lt. Commander Diesel refuses to partake on anymore away missions. The space villain SOLDIER has joined us on this mission, I believe him to be under the influence of something...

9:13PM Ahh yes, the familiar Vila Sprout has made its way up through the ground. It's pitiful poisonous spines are swiftly dispatched by Lt. Jr. Grade Associate. We all know the real battle here lies within. The tricorder reports no alien life signs.

9:21PM A second Vila Sprout spawns. It dies. Lt Jr. Grade Associate also contemplates death. But the mission must go one.

9:31PM A BATTLE ENSUES. Two alien invaders attempted to take what is rightfully ours. It is a good thing we have had three people here for the over half an hour defending our position from these angry hostiles. At least the bloodshed provides us protection from the true enemy ... the desolation of this planet.

9:43PM The tricorder reading shows that additional lifeforms are still in the area. Due to this, we must remain steadfast with our full away party standing by. We have alerted the orbiting ship that should we encounter a large force that a second away party may need to beam to the surface. The potential battle ensures that even after nearly an hour our full attention must be kept. Morale is running low.

9:56PM After over an hour of waiting patiently the elemental has spawned and finally we can all return to our families.

9:57PM I lied. It was just another Vila Sprout. A captain needs a sense of humor when hunting with a disheartened crew on a Planet of Darkness.

10:07PM ALIEN INVADERS HAVE OVER TAKEN THE AWAY PARTY SEND HELP SEND HELP SEND HELP

10:10PM Members of the U.S.S. Stasis have joined us in our battle on this forgotten planet. Upon our return to the Planet of Darkness with our new found allies in battle the alien forces have scattered. This sort of behavior makes us reluctant to send smaller away parties in the future, even though they have to wait hours on end.

10:21PM The effects from the battle have worn off and Ensign Tool attempts to entertain us with calls of "HEY THERE'S AN ARCHER SPAWN" but we know better. After approximately 90 earth minutes on this planet our mission cannot be abandoned. and due to the still circling alien forces our numbers cannot be dwindled or split in any way.

10:29PM Our combined crew is ready to give up. Ambassador Tomb has abandoned our cause and Ensign Tool has gone with him. Our away party has shrunk to four. Unfortunately, I have no way to officially discipline over another crew or else I would have them loaded into a torpedo and launched into space. Luckily another Vila Sprout is here to keep us company.

10:37PM Lt. Jr. Grade Associate has left the away party without so much as a word. I wonder if he is fed up with the away missions or with this planet itself. Starfleet sold us the idea that space exploration would be fun, engaging, that we would be making a difference in the universe ... but it just feels like we are spending our enlistment waiting and waiting.

10:40PM At last the spawn is here and the crew mission is compelte.

Only three more away missions till we can journey to the center of the dread sector.
Last edited by Vindal on Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Folder

Postby Folder » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:00 pm

These are my new favorite thing on the forums, thank you sir.
<Silhouette>

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:23 am

I'll be shortening the windows to still give people a chance but make it so it's not so long of a wait. Also having chris look at why a despawn would happen the rest of us in build couldn't figure it out.

Thanks for the input guys this is the type of thing we need to make the game better.

Ps I know you guys are bummed a bit about aspects of the oad but seems like it's made things interesting and that's what I was going for.

Vindal

Postby Vindal » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:11 am

Lateralus wrote:I never set it to despawn so I'll have to check that out.

I agree about a shorter window my idea for the oad was as much pvp as pve which I believe succeeded. It sucks that one clan dominates it but since there are only 2 oads atm it makes it even worse :/. I'm doing my best to get my next project finished up asap

That is awesome news! Although I was actually enjoying my Captain's Log. I appreciate you hearing our concerns and ironing this stuff out, it means a lot!

Return to “Archive Chat”