The present and future of Ember Online

Cerebrus

Re: The present and future of Ember Online

Postby Cerebrus » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:59 am

Kismet wrote:
NiteHawk wrote:
Kismet wrote:You only mentioned monster pics, hawk of darkness. Are custom ones also going to be a thing?

By custom do you mean being able to upload your own image? If that is the case then no as if we attempt to make money doing it, it would be illegal to use art randomly from sites for the most case, most aren't free commercial and I would be the one getting slammed for it. Normally its something like a $1000 to $10000 fine and that's nasty :D

In the case of artists actually doing images for people, I don't really know. This would actually involve artists doing it, and it's not an automated thing anymore. I could see it maybe as a special event type thing, but defo not 'for the masses' thing. It's hard enough getting art as it is, and if our artists go on a break or decide not to work on the game anymore it pretty much leaves the option useless. I prefer in any case to ensure most of this can be done without our intervention, aka automated.

I meant the latter, of course. There goes the dreams of bearing an outer goddess' image. *pouts*

In the future, if Nitehawk was cool with it, I'd be willing to do custom portraits as prizes.

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:04 am

Cerebrus wrote:
Kismet wrote:
NiteHawk wrote:
By custom do you mean being able to upload your own image? If that is the case then no as if we attempt to make money doing it, it would be illegal to use art randomly from sites for the most case, most aren't free commercial and I would be the one getting slammed for it. Normally its something like a $1000 to $10000 fine and that's nasty :D

In the case of artists actually doing images for people, I don't really know. This would actually involve artists doing it, and it's not an automated thing anymore. I could see it maybe as a special event type thing, but defo not 'for the masses' thing. It's hard enough getting art as it is, and if our artists go on a break or decide not to work on the game anymore it pretty much leaves the option useless. I prefer in any case to ensure most of this can be done without our intervention, aka automated.

I meant the latter, of course. There goes the dreams of bearing an outer goddess' image. *pouts*

In the future, if Nitehawk was cool with it, I'd be willing to do custom portraits as prizes.

also im sure if you purchased art and had proof you had the rights to the art it would be along the same lines someone here making the art for you.

Kismet

Postby Kismet » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:38 pm

You mean as prizes for specific events/contests Cere, or ones that can be purchased with PP? Or both.

Cerebrus

Postby Cerebrus » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:13 pm

Kismet wrote:You mean as prizes for specific events/contests Cere, or ones that can be purchased with PP? Or both.

Both, for the pp I would just have you purchase a "Portrait Token" give it to me with your request, then get to work on it.

Kismet

Postby Kismet » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:20 pm

Awesome. <3

Would you give us an idea of the price range for one?

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Thu May 11, 2017 7:11 am

Looking for more players?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr5rpu14Pfw
Last posting a month ago? Someone tell people there, EO exists.
or here:
https://en-gb.facebook.com/realmsofkaos/
Even the old RoK forums have 2017 posting, bump the EO message there.

PS. I have no facebook or youtube account.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

JadeFalcon

Postby JadeFalcon » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:25 am

NiteHawk wrote:...

Whoo oo! Time flies.
How do you feel things are going? Still on track,anything you abandoned or added to your plans?
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:37 pm

JadeFalcon wrote:
NiteHawk wrote:...

Whoo oo! Time flies.
How do you feel things are going? Still on track,anything you abandoned or added to your plans?

Well I had IRL stuff come up that pushed stuff a couple months but things have been on track again. There's a pretty big update coming soon but some things need to be planned/adjusted first before I release. 8)

In terms of the list, it's still pretty much focused as it is. There has been alot more changes though (Making armor more important at blue and esp purple, changes to some formulas, changes to armor values, achievement system, etc.)

Return to “Useful Information/Warnings”