The present and future of Ember Online

Styx

Re: The present and future of Ember Online

Postby Styx » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:21 am

He has max armor set and don't want it changed.

The problem as far as store bought compared to a oad is the armor and weapon values need updated between canopia and bitryn , they are both level 8 armor and weapons and one of them has better level 8 stuff then the other, plus some of the oad level 8 items are better then the level 15 store bought.

And mendel armor drop should be level 15 with less ac. It's an easy monster at level 18. And is equal to scorpion, concerning light armor.

Basicly folder idea is items should be adjusted to fit the difficulty of the drop and hopefully this is not to increase the value of certain items.

Which is why I was more into more oad orange bosses spread out so each has only one drop. Compared to one monster with multiple drops.

If you want a drum go kill for a drum, if you want a sword go kill for a sword etc.

Ps the Forman in karnath whom is orange has no drop last I knew. Mini bosses should have drops

Terron

Postby Terron » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:47 am

24 agility and the lowest ac rating should take relatively the same damage per 100 attacks as the highest ac and 19 agility. without skills ofc.

im not sure which classes have which armor values because it really hasnt made a memorable impact in my head while playing the game.

i would assume a dwarf knight would have the most armor and be the mainline tank, and a halfling chanter would be the most agile with lowest armor (no Stoneskin).
in the scenario 100 attacks should be proportionate damage wise vs both these set ups.

I don't think that is translating to game, but i may be wrong. i don't have a plethora of high levels to test so im unsure. just seems like armor is sort of irrelevant and anything 21 and under on agi is hurting outside of party. high hit points aren't worth the agi loss unless you wanna survive a double tap at oads. currently the agi and dodge rate bonus of monks surpasses the higher armor of cavaliers in the tank roll. im sure monks take harder hits, but armor should count for something.

maybe it could be balanced out with shields. a shield tier system small, large, and tower shields that offer a flat DR% maybe 2.5% 5% 10%. also may help with how bad it is to taunt and protect at oads currently. tanks need to be tanks
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Thi

Postby Thi » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:53 pm

Folder wrote:I can appreciate long areas as well but fact is most do not like them. As the guy who coordinates all OaDs for Silh all I hear from the majority of members is that they take too long.

Obviously if we had 3x the playerbase we'd also have more people who can commit to long oad runs but as it is now they are a commitment of an entire evening. That is excessive for most people unfortunately.

Things to think about since we want people logging in and being active.

This is the reason I stray from Ember right now and don't play it anymore, bottom line is:

• We have artificially long OADs cause of traps, seriously stop, this is exhausting / boring / annoying.
  • OADs require insane amounts of time meaning from preparation (key gathering) to execution (killing bosses) it's only viable if you don't have a life or life commitments and be 30% or more of your time online.
  • Time invested doesn't translate into "lasting or rewarding experience" meaning you get no sense of accomplishment, rather you feel like your time was wasted.
  • I'll say this and I'm sure people will bitch like "You are ungrateful", OAD areas needs to improve, like drastically from conception into testing, the number of bugs or breaking mechanisms found in the last one are too high for a game intending to attract a new player base, from rollbacks to items returned that spawn from the floor on /search, or mechanisms taking too long (we spent 1.5 hour feeding a dragon crystals to open a door to a bugged boss that took 20 mins to die and didn't drop loot) this is too much at once, people will frown and walk away. I'm not ungrateful, I'm thankful that people invest their free time to make this a better game/environment, but testing has to be taken more seriously.
Thi
You can find me online on Lightning.

Terron

Postby Terron » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:26 pm

that oad area was probably rushed to keep us happy. bugs expected, going over every aspect takes a long time. I think there just needs to be more smaller area oads/bosses added to keep players busy while working on the big content releases.

theres no reason u cant add a key to forest witches and throw a 30 square cave in the ground with a coven in it for example. make gy mobs drop a rare key or replace spectral stone or alter it to be a key itself to an area south of GY that contains a lich. lich could even be like dragon, only able to take 10% of its hps per trip and it leaves to keep people interested in going and limiting drops.

endless options, doesnt have to be a taxing 2000 square area. cuz i know that oad was taxing for staff aswell.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

MoonFire

Postby MoonFire » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:39 pm

Lots of good things to look forward to but one thing worries me. You said "a new client". Does that mean we have to start all over again when you get it or can you transfer us over to the new client? I leveled MoonFire the hard way before the double exp/gold before the wipe. I got her to guardian again and my next crit I'm leveling is level 23(almost level 24). I love this game, but the thought of starting all over again is daunting. I was wondering how this is going to work out. By the way, the game really is awesome and thank you so much for going to all the trouble you go through. 8-)

Eld

Postby Eld » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:06 pm

MoonFire wrote:Lots of good things to look forward to but one thing worries me. You said "a new client". Does that mean we have to start all over again when you get it or can you transfer us over to the new client? I leveled MoonFire the hard way before the double exp/gold before the wipe. I got her to guardian again and my next crit I'm leveling is level 23(almost level 24). I love this game, but the thought of starting all over again is daunting. I was wondering how this is going to work out. By the way, the game really is awesome and thank you so much for going to all the trouble you go through. 8-)

Character information, item information and everything like that is information stored on the server.

When they're speaking about a client update they only mean the program you use to play the game.

i.e. they might change how the interface is laid out, with the map being bigger, a visual indicator for things like stoneskin wearing out, etc.

This shouldn't involve the loss of any characters or items?

Mujahideen

Postby Mujahideen » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:50 pm

OADs require insane amounts of time meaning from preparation (key gathering) to execution (killing bosses) it's only viable if you don't have a life or life commitments and be 30% or more of your time online.

Agreed.

In RoK, there were decent OaDs that one could solo, and many more that only required minimum help like one extra person. All but the top tier could be done solo or as a duo.

But that was because we had alts...

I think it will be a challenge finding the right balance when people can play only one character.
Troll. I am here to create the issues that plague the game, I will push your buttons and like the outcome.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:55 am

Eld wrote:
MoonFire wrote:Lots of good things to look forward to but one thing worries me. You said "a new client". Does that mean we have to start all over again when you get it or can you transfer us over to the new client? I leveled MoonFire the hard way before the double exp/gold before the wipe. I got her to guardian again and my next crit I'm leveling is level 23(almost level 24). I love this game, but the thought of starting all over again is daunting. I was wondering how this is going to work out. By the way, the game really is awesome and thank you so much for going to all the trouble you go through. 8-)

Character information, item information and everything like that is information stored on the server.

When they're speaking about a client update they only mean the program you use to play the game.

i.e. they might change how the interface is laid out, with the map being bigger, a visual indicator for things like stoneskin wearing out, etc.

This shouldn't involve the loss of any characters or items?

Correct.

As a quick update, I am working on the script system document and also the script system itself (making it work again). Recent crash again yesterday was due to the script system, obviously it's one of the reasons I am redoing it.

I know it's going to take a longer time, and I apologize for it, once I get it out of the way I'll probably advertise again while the more common things can be released to keep people entertained. I'll also be hiring new people soon, just gathering all the applications atm.

Styx

Postby Styx » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:32 am

Ember players, a game plan was announced with what all plans for the future, but can't rush everything.

Nighthawk, you are trying your best along with others help, don't get discouraged worrying about advertisement etc. Yes people would love to see 1k on server etc if it comes. But gotta follow your plan so stuff comes out in order.

:popcorn:

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:47 am

Styx wrote:Ember players, a game plan was announced with what all plans for the future, but can't rush everything.

Nighthawk, you are trying your best along with others help, don't get discouraged worrying about advertisement etc. Yes people would love to see 1k on server etc if it comes. But gotta follow your plan so stuff comes out in order.

:popcorn:

1k on server! By the Gods! *faints*
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Return to “Useful Information/Warnings”