Clerics and Armor

Should clerics lose the ability to have heavy armor?

Poll ended at Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:57 am

Yes, Medium Armor and under only!
42%
No, Leave it as is!
58%
Other.
No votes

Total votes: 12
Kismet

Re: Clerics and Armor

Postby Kismet » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:48 pm

Noooo, what's going to happen to my onyx plate and dope AC if everyone outvotes against heavy armor!?

Just kidding. Not that I care that much for a reason I'm about to mention.

For RP purposes I'm actually not against clerics wearing robes as long as they get something nifty to compensate. Say, a new spell?

Suggestion: Aegis. "You feel an aura of divine guidance!"
Perhaps make it increase damage absorption or increase block rate with shields? Also, I think it would be more fair if the buff is more effective when cast on the self, or maybe other clerics or paladins since they are poor fellow clergymen/women who already suffer a /protect penalty.

Anyways, it's my final two cents. Probably. *Disappears into otherworldly realms.*

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:27 pm

Honzo wrote:I honestly think they should wear LIGHT armor. Medium armor is still chain mail and stuff like that. I don't think I've seen many priests walking around in that. Usually ROBES haha. And Light helmet. You could give them an armor buff then kind of like stoneskin? Could call it Blessing of Protection or just "Protection"

Yea I know I am a bit late and not sure how I missed this but this is how it works in most games and how I think it should work here. No reason for them to have 3x the healing of other classes and the top ac. As you can see they are pretty much unkillable. They should be glass healing cannons like mages are glass damage cannons imo

Folder

Postby Folder » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:25 pm

I don't really think they should be glass per se, but somewhere in between glass and unstoppable healing machine would be good :). Light armor + self buff sounds up to the equivalent of about medium armor seems good to me. Also fits thematically, and an added bonus is another light armor class.
<Silhouette>

Honzo

Postby Honzo » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:47 pm

Folder wrote:I don't really think they should be glass per se, but somewhere in between glass and unstoppable healing machine would be good :). Light armor + self buff sounds up to the equivalent of about medium armor seems good to me. Also fits thematically, and an added bonus is another light armor class.

Lateralus wrote:Yea I know I am a bit late and not sure how I missed this but this is how it works in most games and how I think it should work here. No reason for them to have 3x the healing of other classes and the top ac. As you can see they are pretty much unkillable. They should be glass healing cannons like mages are glass damage cannons imo

I agree with both of yall on this. Just nerfing them to light, then giving them a badass buff to put them in between medium and ungodly seems perfect! Priests or the typical cleric class always has some kind of meaningful buff and it just seems to fit the character right. Not just with the Priest but all of the classes seem to be coming together really well. There has been so much discussion and thought put in to this stuff. I'm proud of everyone, not that it means much, but this is no easy endeavour! GJ to everyone who put in ideas, testing, and of course builders! Without NH though this wouldn't have ever happened! Thanks again for working so hard dude. Seriously. :)

Styx

Postby Styx » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:19 am

A cleric is a healer, I don't know many surgeons who wear full battle armor while performing surgery lol

But I can see the cleric gaining extra blessing from his or her God for more of something else

But I'd go with cloth armor and use a spell of God's protection for enemies, so armor would be same

Mujahideen

Postby Mujahideen » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:55 am

Styx wrote:A cleric is a healer, I don't know many surgeons who wear full battle armor while performing surgery lol

But I can see the cleric gaining extra blessing from his or her God for more of something else

But I'd go with cloth armor and use a spell of God's protection for enemies, so armor would be same

I agree, I think it should be cloth but they should have a pretty long buffer spell for extra AC that they can only cast on themselves.
Troll. I am here to create the issues that plague the game, I will push your buttons and like the outcome.

Honzo

Postby Honzo » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:23 am

Good news guys, it's already in the game!! Go try it out!! :)

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:10 am

Mujahideen wrote:
Styx wrote:A cleric is a healer, I don't know many surgeons who wear full battle armor while performing surgery lol

I agree, I think it should be cloth but they should have a pretty long buffer spell for extra AC that they can only cast on themselves.

Ended up going with light instead of cloth (may not fit rp wise atleast how other games do it). Kind of did it to give a little more usefulness to light (only monks wear). but yea otherwise thats the idea a small buffer brings their light up to medium amounts i believe

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:42 pm

Yeah they needed some armor removal. They too strong otherwise. In future though if it's too low we simply add more AC to aegis.

roxxgui

Postby roxxgui » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:27 pm

Eh i really dont understand the process of this, people voted to keep it as it is.

My armor is just unusable now , money and time wasted i guess. I created a cleric to be like in D&D a heavy armored class, with a shield, that deals low damage and heals.

This change is pretty lame in MY OPINION, guess ill have fun with some other class if i gather the patience to level it....or stop playing in worst case cenario.
It was fun while it lasted.
o/

Return to “Archive Chat”