Clerics and Armor

Should clerics lose the ability to have heavy armor?

Poll ended at Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:57 am

Yes, Medium Armor and under only!
42%
No, Leave it as is!
58%
Other.
No votes

Total votes: 12
NiteHawk
Site Admin

Clerics and Armor

Postby NiteHawk » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:57 am

This has been something discussed apparently by alot of people in the background.

People are claiming clerics should only be able to use medium armor. Not just for a lore fact, but simply because they are a bit overpowered and the solution I feel isn't to nerf the HP a big deal.

What do people think about this? I understand it's a scary change, but I'm not changing anything yet. I'd like to know opinions on it, and what can be done that doesn't break how the game currently is. I don't want to see things like 'add a healing delay per' because it makes no sense in this sort of game.

But I am interested to know peoples take on this.

3 Day poll.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Re: Clerics and Armor

Postby NiteHawk » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:25 am

To be upfront about it, what you'd lose is aabout 20-30 armor, Which is about 3-4 passive damage negation, and then also probably 8-12.5% deflection.

I say 8-12.5% because we don't have any OAD gear yet, so the difference is going to be less right now. It's probably more at 8% if we were to adjust at this time, but in the future with gear would be around 12.5%.

Folder

Postby Folder » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:43 am

Kinda torn because if you're currently playing a priest this would suck for you, but the thing is they are very very strong still. When you see a priest in a mosh it's like welp game over unless priest is killed early by focus fire. Certainly that's a viable tactic and that should be part of the game, but I'm not so sure it's good that a priest can probably sit there and heal through 3 people spamming attacks on them. Obviously lucky backstabs kill them or if you manage to run them oom they can die.

Would like to hear what Kis and other priests have to say though :).
<Silhouette>

Satsujin

Postby Satsujin » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:49 am

I agree that clerics should lose access to heavy armor. As they are now, they have the strongest healing spells, as well as access to the best AC, and all they lose out on is melee damage that's easily made up with magic damage given the lack of magic resistance a lot of race/class combos have. And they're currently the class to beat in PvP, since you have to run them completely dry on mana or limit their heals for them to die.

Lore wise (yes, I know, most people are sick of seeing me use the word lore lol), clerics shouldn't be front line fighters, like they would be in heavy armor. They're very much a support class, and should be equipped like one.
Heave ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die...
Mahariel | 25 Brigand
Starlyte | 20 Cleric
Starstryke | 25 Stalker

Thi

Postby Thi » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:58 pm

This is going to be a tricky one, be careful that on PVP Clerics/Priests are the FIRST target ever on any occasion, meaning they always get the short end of the stick and if you make them squishy they won't be fun at all, "be target, heal 4 times, use potion, wait 10 seconds, die.".

I don't really think we should be removing/changing their armor without proper testing/calculation on it, my take on it is, put 2 groups 6v6 and make them fight each other on more or so even odds, let's see how long a priest survives under that situation, then we might know if it requires balancing or not.

The examples of "survivability" we have are based on 10v6 where the 10 had a priest and she never died, of course she didn't cause the other 9 murdered quick enough or were winding down the enemy numbers too quickly, that's what I've seen on the moshes and fights I've witnessed.
Thi
You can find me online on Lightning.

Honzo

Postby Honzo » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:20 pm

I honestly think they should wear LIGHT armor. Medium armor is still chain mail and stuff like that. I don't think I've seen many priests walking around in that. Usually ROBES haha. And Light helmet. You could give them an armor buff then kind of like stoneskin? Could call it Blessing of Protection or just "Protection"

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:39 pm

Honzo wrote:I honestly think they should wear LIGHT armor. Medium armor is still chain mail and stuff like that. I don't think I've seen many priests walking around in that. Usually ROBES haha. And Light helmet. You could give them an armor buff then kind of like stoneskin? Could call it Blessing of Protection or just "Protection"

If it was to be light armor, yeah I could see something like light armor and then also a spell to increase AC on top of that. Self buff spell.

Would give another class that actually uses light armor too.

Thi

Postby Thi » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:48 pm

NiteHawk wrote:
Honzo wrote:I honestly think they should wear LIGHT armor. Medium armor is still chain mail and stuff like that. I don't think I've seen many priests walking around in that. Usually ROBES haha. And Light helmet. You could give them an armor buff then kind of like stoneskin? Could call it Blessing of Protection or just "Protection"

If it was to be light armor, yeah I could see something like light armor and then also a spell to increase AC on top of that. Self buff spell.

Maybe to not overlap with stoneskin, you might wanna consider a passive skill that increases armor, that would be awesome, sort of like an aura, I'd still be careful with the overall total armor, dropping it might make then hard to play pvp wise since they are first targets in any fight and being squishy will make fights too quick and too boring, I kinda like fights that last more than 3 rounds.
Thi
You can find me online on Lightning.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:52 pm

Thi wrote:
NiteHawk wrote:

Maybe to not overlap with stoneskin, you might wanna consider a passive skill that increases armor, that would be awesome, sort of like an aura, I'd still be careful with the overall total armor, dropping it might make then hard to play pvp wise since they are first targets in any fight and being squishy will make fights too quick and too boring, I kinda like fights that last more than 3 rounds.

Well no I would base it around medium armor I think, but have them use light.

It could simply be like ninjas armor is really. Passive. I don't think lowering the AC to 70 or 80 will effect that fights too much though.

roxxgui

Postby roxxgui » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:12 pm

I dont know, i dont believe they are this hard to kill honestly , i get focused very fast on moshes and die relatively quick when dodge fails or when div isnt favorable.
And i dont know how it will happen but will i lose all enchants, blesses and soulbound i used on my heavy armor and farm another medium one?

I dont like big changes on classes but thats just my opinion.
o/

Return to “Archive Chat”