Ihr seid alle Kinder. (i'm learning german)

iced

Ihr seid alle Kinder. (i'm learning german)

Postby iced » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:16 pm

I haven't visited in a while, not for more than 10 minutes at a time every few days or so. And it's usually at weird hours to see who's.

I visit these forums even less. And now that I have again, holy heck are you all some salty children.

You have a community of 230 registered forum users. You have an active ~130 players, average 15-30 online at any given time.

How have you all garnered so much anger and bitterness to each other already? How have you not learned to just accept that opinions will differ from your own without become hostile? How have you not learned to just brush off the words or actions of another, and be a sensible, civilized individual, and not let it ruin your day, your mood, and embarrass yourself? You are all children. Let's take some examples:

But now that i remember, its funny because the last argument i got in this forum ... I'm too lazy and don't GAF. I wonder if people WITH time could possibly ever get a job. That might be weird tho, but idk

This guy is upset that he didn't get picked for staff, after admitting to an online argument, then trying to say he doesn't care.

You people deserve a stamp of stupidity ...

Again, their opinions, ideals, or point of view differs from your own, so they're stupid.

killa wrote:don't worry about hating me I'm fucking done with this game finally. fuck you all. atticuz quit last night too. silo wins all hail king jake. I'm DONE fuck off douchebags

I'm actually leaving his name in here because if you read this you know who wrote it. Seriously, dude? You need to step outside and get some perspective on life and what is important and what is worth stressing over, because this ain't one of those things.

Personally, and without bias beyond reading all of this posts, I feel this person should take a 30-day ban just for their negative commentary about every aspect of this game. It might help him.

... a big gigantic puss filled cyst that will be drained in the near future. It's so fucking pathetic.

This guy.. leads to this...

... But when you say bullshit like this and resort to profanity directed me then get fucked kid.

"You use profanity at me so I'll do it too! Take that!" That's Trump logic, seriously. I hope you realize the level you went to when you could have said nothing.

Your ego is so fucking high I could ride in it like a hot air balloon.

This whole thread is a dramamine.

No. You attacked me, I responded. There are consequences for spouting off like that.

You would have been the matured adult if you didn't. What consequences does he face, you acting irrational and and looking like just as much of a child?

... Silo will stop being twats.

And this was a tolerable post until this sentence. Why?! What's the point?

... allowing certain people to come and take sloppy seconds. That's actually pathetic

What's pathetic about it? There's obviously a position of power that permits, due to this power, the dictation of who can have what in some areas. If anything it's not pathetic, but generous even in a belittling way that you worded it, but to resort to insulting them is unneeded and you could have gotten your point across better without coming off as someone who fails to put together rational and non-emotionally charged thought.

... according to your Einsteinian theories?

Just can't help but to call someone stupid again.

... hes not a known liar like you are.

It just never ends.

killa wrote:... Youre just a bully and a punk. and I wish we could do some UFC shit irl me and you

Actually, I am retracting my statement of limited bias against killa. I believe he should have a full 30-day ban, minimum, whether he claims to have quit or not.

it will become rok 2.0.

This tells any newcomer that the community you came from before collapsed and was a failure, and that this one will become, if it is not already, a failure as well. This is not a good thing for newcomers to read.

I'm actually going to stop here. At first from what I was told earlier today, is that you are all bringing in some unneeded drama and were basically acting like children. My thoughts have changed a bit since I started reading the forums tonight, but I will leave everything typed up until now unchanged so you can get an idea of what an outsider first sees when they read the forum. That nonsense I quoted was my big focus, and you can properly assume any outsider will look at just like me and realize that the community is a bit too hostile and emotional and cannot moderate themselves while volunteer staff simply sit by idly watching.

If you have a problem with someone, don't air it out on the forums. PM them, page them, telegram them, or the best idea yet, avoid them where possible. You do not look cool because you called someone a pussy or a fuckboy. No one cares to read that, unless you're JadeFalcon, and more importantly no one needs to read your shit. Do it in private or not at all.

Having said that: Many of you are rational and have civilized discussions based upon reading, 95% of the time, and you can sort of see my thought process as I read through these threads to get up to date. But at some point you deviate and turn into teenagers in the schoolyard trying to hurt the others' feelings. This is a small community. It will not grow with these conditions, because the way the majority of threads devolve into insults, and I can only imagine it continues in-game as I've read that some receive harassing pages as well. People will come here, and they will see that it's just a bunch of kids arguing and seeing who can shout "you're a pussy" the loudest and no one wants drama. Most of us are too old for that crap. I play dnd with a solid group, and another MUD. We're all 30-45. We leave a community pretty quick when it starts looking like this so frequently, because it's a sign that it will get out of control in the near future. You are the face of this community, and you're getting ugly.

I have two proposals, one has already been suggested, and the other will put pressure on NiteHawk.

First, the key problem? It should be randomized; every day, each key is assigned a random hour between 0700 CST - 2100 CST. No set times, forces investigation and if the "elites" are not around, it gives others a chance. I won't say fair, but a chance. It's the best you will get.

The second problem, the hostile nature of several people. I am an outsider, an unbiased party. I don't care who is powerful, who is elite, who is in the middle, nor who is bottom of the figurative food-chain. Having said that, the majority of drama and vitriol spews from killa and the community is better off without him, and he should be promptly removed for a minimum of 30 days so he can get his act together. If he returns in a state that is no better, make it permanent and delete his account. I have identified three others that could be eligible for this suggestion if they continue the path they are on.

That's my proposal to remove the vast majority of drama on the forum and within the game. Ban killa.

Not everyone is a child, though. But I'm proud I can write that without an online translator since I've been wanting to learn German for like a decade and just now started so I am not changing the subject line.

Disclaimer: I am not actually 'Staff'. I have acted as an adviser of sorts to NH for security and the integrity of the game, and nothing else.

Mujahideen

Re: Ihr seid alle Kinder. (i'm learning german)

Postby Mujahideen » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:43 pm

:popcorn:
Troll. I am here to create the issues that plague the game, I will push your buttons and like the outcome.

killa

Postby killa » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:01 am

:popcorn:

I didn't want to be staff, for sure

that's my only comment

killa

Postby killa » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:02 am

and yes I was drinking at the time there was some silly shit. ive heard some other silly shit from other people drinking as well since ive been here

Adramelk

Postby Adramelk » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:03 am

Hehe some things never change.

p.s. Hi Iced

iced

Postby iced » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:18 am

killa wrote:and yes I was drinking at the time there was some silly shit. ive heard some other silly shit from other people drinking as well since ive been here

Not as many in as short a time have they been so publicly available, this is what I have gleaned from an hour of reading the latest threads. If you are going to use the intolerable excuse of alcohol as a factor of your behavior I implore you to seek other methods of recreation if that is how you behave under the influence. My stance on how you should be dealt with does not change, especially seeing as how rather than seek recourse for your behavior you seek to excuse yourself by placing blame on a substance.

p.s. Hi buddy.

e: This thread is about the state of the community that newcomers see. I singled out killa as a result of how I would handle the majority of the drama and negativity focused towards other players, and he is an extreme case, but there are three others close behind him. One of them I have 'known' for years but would recommend the same ban for them if they continue or escalate to the levels that killa has. Do not turn this thread into another hatefest, but rather recommendations or discussions from the community on how you can govern and moderate yourselves without taking it out on each other in ways that are just unacceptable, not publicly, and without belittling and harassing the volunteers that conduct events for you in their own free time with no reward.

killa

Postby killa » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:26 am

what other form of recreation would you suggest other than staying at home drunk? go for a nice drive? maybe get some groceries. In fact I was watching playoff football with friends and jumped on the game after. I do have friends and I do watch sports. Not everyone is you iced. I'm sorry for the shit i said going too far but ive already settled that conversation, days ago.

iced

Postby iced » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:33 am

killa wrote:what other form of recreation would you suggest other than staying at home drunk? go for a nice drive? maybe get some groceries. In fact I was watching playoff football with friends and jumped on the game after. I do have friends and I do watch sports. Not everyone is you iced. I'm sorry for the shit i said going too far but ive already settled that conversation, days ago.

Perhaps don't go to the level of getting drunk. Have one or two beers, call it a night. Have a glass of whiskey, call it a night. You can read a book, play another video game that is less personal or doesn't require interpersonal skills. You could even get into time-solving Rubik's cube if you wanted to make it a hobby. Start writing. Your options are literally limitless for recreational activities that do not have to include becoming intoxicated, you do not have to ask someone for suggestions.

I appreciate your backhanded insult, and is further indicator that you do not see the damage you can and are causing to the community, as evidenced that you just cannot stop.

e: I know how this will devolve from here so I will stop replying to killa directly. If others have input, suggestions, or other ideas on how the community can be better moderated or governed, by all means chime in.

killa

Postby killa » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:49 am

man you must be a bummer to hang out with. youre the only one that's getting all butt hurt over things that weren't even said to you. i appreciate your little assault as well, treating me like a troll when I'm trying to have a decent conversation.

Vindal

Postby Vindal » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:51 am

Since I didn't make your list of epic quotes I will assume that most of what I say comes off as somewhat decent, so be sure to pay attention.

None of us pretend that these forums aren't a little more drama than what they need to be. None of us pretend that we don't sometimes have problems with game, the staff, and with each other. Most of all, none of us act like we aren't occasionally part of the problem.

Most of our player base jumps on the opportunity to help out new people. It is actually kinda gross when two rivals are going at it trying to see who can help a new player out the most. Many of us have donated money, many of us have offered help to build, write, or do art, and believe it or not some of us are actually outwardly postive at all times. (Honzo I am looking at you.)

So while you can browse these forums and take your small glimpse into our community let me provide you with a little clarity. For every insult slung on these forums, there are two others becoming friends. For every person complaining about something they dislike, there are two others offering support or working to make it better. For every five minutes of in game PKing and cussing out, there is ten minutes of conversation afterward about game mechanics, movies, jobs, etc. This is all stuff you would know about ... assuming you gave up your "edgy outsider view" and actually were apart of the community. You stopped by to call us out on our behavior trying to prove something, well I think the only thing that you proved is that you're quite pretentious and even more clueless. How dare you siton your high horse thinking it is acceptable to sit back and just pick us apart while bringing absolutely nothing to the community.

While Killa often gets a little hammered and spews some nonsense on the forums I think singling him out and recommending a ban screams of just how ignorant you are. Maybe you should have followed your own advice and if you had a problem with him messaged him directly? Cause while Killa spouts nonsense he is the caliber of person that absolutely reaches out and makes right when he fucks up. Of course, you'd know that if you actually played the game. He is one of us, an Ember Online player, and regardless of what shit we may have against each other as players in the game, I am willing to bet most of us agree that as people we stick together. As volatile, competitive, and mildly bonkers as we all are many of us have been playing games together for years, I can't believe you have the audacity to come in here and try to split us apart. I will stand by my friend, a ban on Killa means I walk too.

Cause you know what? Jake is the guild leader of the guild I can't stand and as much as we battle, that's my homie. Will is the nuttiest dude I have ever gamed with, borderline annoying, but that's my homie. I once told Cere that if he didn't have the balls to run events properly he shouldn't do it, and guess what ... that's now my homie. I told Daedroth that as a person he was kind of a bitch and we talked it out, that's my homie. I once threw a hissy fit about Tomb being made staffer even though he got cheating, and I was salty for a while, but ya know ... that's now my homie.

You however, are a stranger to this world. So while I may not speak for everyone, I think I can safely say that if this is how you want to behave, you should stay that way.

Return to “Archive Chat”