Seamoor

Folder

Seamoor

Postby Folder » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:01 pm

It's so pretty! New graphics are much nicer.

yes I just saw them for the first time <<
<Silhouette>

Lateralus

Re: Seamoor

Postby Lateralus » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:30 pm

Yea it really does look great and the new tutorial system should be complete when you start a new character as well. We are doing another big marketing campaign somewhat soon but would like the tutorial and starting area to be as fun and as straight forward as possible for a new player. If you guys have feedback or suggestions please share!

Im going to have a few new people play through and take notes on them so if you guys happen to start some crits use that mindset on feedback.

Terron

Postby Terron » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:32 am

the ivory potion heals for 0. examination says it heals for 25. just wondered if anyone noticed.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Styx

Postby Styx » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:44 am

Excited in anticipation of new peoplr, I'm willing to help the new people out when they come.

I'll try starting new char tomorrow

On marketing don't forget the free sites first and this is a mmorpg not just a mud

Styx

Postby Styx » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:10 am

Being done as if I'm new and not knowing. Or trying at least.

Started new char, just before reset, didn't get to finish tutorial area and woke up in sleeping bard Inn

Started 2nd char since first woke up wrong. Did 1 quest then couldn't find any others. Need to make it obvious on how to go to docks to leave area.

Explanations were good on how and what to do. Could only think a sign should say go west to start or make it start from one side and move one direction only so you don't go straight into combat. Yes I started by going east lol then went west to find shops.

Is the queen gone completely? Since it now goes to the docks. And wondering if the sandy area at docks would have the monsters needed other then arena for guards quests. Training dummy, crab, meadow deer, could be put into starting area to avoid arena leveling.

Edit, a new picture graphic could be easily used as a sign post to show directions, so even a new player it would be obvious on where to go etc.

If docks were put near the starting square then easy to find the docks instead of wandering where they are other then clicking exit

Made lvl 8 no prob, could the first quests be changed to receive soul bound low level starter equip to compensate for Academy starter armor potion shop a shield or other item, only change needed would be armor and potion shop so new player would have good starter equip.

Armorsmith could give starter armor instead of gold, tavern keeper has helm, weapon shop could give weapon quest instead of guard, guard only needs one send to kill the trools, potion shop a shield or something to give a overall average for any new player starting.

You can now flame me for errors

Edited and done for my 2 cents worth.
Last edited by Styx on Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:10 am, edited 5 times in total.

Terron

Postby Terron » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:25 pm

i agree, there should be a few squares before dock that have a training dummy crab and meadow deer out of arena.

or a 9 square meadow with a few deer and a few square added off of the div dummies with a few training dummy and crabs added to newbie area.

like a seamoor park 3x3 area south of the fighter/mage guilds for deer.

and a plus sign shaped area east of div dummies with training dummies.

crabs added to beach.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:27 pm

Thanks for the input guys it's very valued. I'm going to play through with a few people who have never played and get their comments as well.

JadeFalcon

Postby JadeFalcon » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:56 am

For what its worth, ive set my temple in seamoor. Hopefully when i log, ill be able to at least see new players.
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

Ardrahz

Postby Ardrahz » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:06 pm

If my input matters much here, I think it may have for new area to be an instance with linear progression that fforces new players to read and learn basic commands and movement to progress out of the tutorial, with an option at creation to skip the tutorial for returning players
HomeGrown

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:26 pm

Ardrahz wrote:If my input matters much here, I think it may have for new area to be an instance with linear progression that fforces new players to read and learn basic commands and movement to progress out of the tutorial, with an option at creation to skip the tutorial for returning players

The tutorial is account based, and can be disabled in the options.

I'll be checking the changes out but won't be any for a little while as I am working on the scripting system atm.

Return to “Archive Chat”