Pack Leader Lair

Tucker

Re: Pack Leader Lair

Postby Tucker » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:51 am

It's more that they're bad at any PVE that isn't customized with a 'fake room' to let them fake move out of the room without the problems that it brings (dragging, breaking mob lock/root (not sure what its called heheh)). That is a cool solution that solved the issue for PVE when it is implemented but little rooms like this (pack leader lair) and plenty of others don't have that and sort of limit an Assy's exploration and what he can do in the world.

The other big issue I've been seeing is that leveling them sucks compared to other classes. Dragging mobs around every time you move makes it a lot more frustrating to level. I've seen some cases of people paying for leveling on Assy's but not on other characters.

The skill thing you bring up is true and I thought about that but I feel like it's more of raising the floor than dropping the ceiling. The fastest second backstab can be done with four key presses using control movement. Arrow out, arrow back, macro for /hide, macro for a Targetname. If you use n,s,e,w and pressing enter it's likely slower but almost completely unimpactful unless a 1v1 fight goes for a really long time. (One slayer would virtually never 'lap' another slayers stamina unless the fight went crazy long). I'd also think the act of entering a /hide and attack command would leave some room for that skill to come in play. You can see it in KOTH's sometimes if someone happens to be a little bit slow the stamina delay stretches out as the fight goes on when player x gets all four stamina used in .75s when player y takes 1.25 or something like that.

Thx for linking the poll btw - the poll is interesting bc 8/15 people voted for it to change in some way which isn't like a landslide or anything but shows the community isn't completely opposed to it. Maybe a poll with the options: 1# Leave as is. 2# Characters will not have to leave a room to re-hide unless uncovered from a search action. There will be a small cooldown on the /hide command to prevent 2 backstabs without any delay.

I can see why people voted no since there was no proposed delay or anything to prevent 2 backstabs from hitting in like .25 seconds which would be pretty overpowered since as it is now people have time to react with a heal or potion macro.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:16 am

I had never saw that post either.

Observations on the poll:
1) Not many options to choose from.
2) How many people were playing at the time (only 15 voted)?
3) How long was the game in existence at that point (how much experience did people have in using thief/assy)?
4) How many people were actually using assy/thief at that time (sorta related to point 3)?
5) How many room locks were there?

I think nostalgia won that vote.

Seriously, new vote time (now that people have played more and there are more assassins/thieves in the game).
An alternative to backstab and/or mechanic change (I would like both tbh) would be nice.
:popcorn:
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Styx

Postby Styx » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:49 pm

Actually the delay of leave room makes it harder to attack the assy cause they left the room, then they use pots , then they come back at full health.

The other combo is to where they do the assy attack but the delfy us against the other person cause as soon as assy returns bam your hit, why , it's no skill to hit a function key and faster

Mechanics is from 10 plus years ago, yes it does work, but it could be changed and the delay just makes it so Noone can attack the assy.

If dammage values later on seem to high we can just adjust the x multiplier , as I'm sure people will try to kill each other

Return to “Archive Chat”