Pack Leader Lair

daedroth

Pack Leader Lair

Postby daedroth » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:58 am

Everytime you enter, you take 60 damage and you are poisoned.
That's fine if you are not a thief or assy.
A thief or an assy without an alternative to backstab is a pretty pish fighter, not so fine.
Discuss!
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Aftershock

Re: Pack Leader Lair

Postby Aftershock » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:48 am

Don't use a Thief or Assy :D
Aftershock

Styx

Postby Styx » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:29 am

It's in a cave if I remeber, should be plenty of dark places to /hide

Note please add down to the 2 rooms for assy n Thief hide

Folder

Postby Folder » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:00 am

Just another reason to change backstab but nooooooo!
<Silhouette>

Tucker

Postby Tucker » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:18 pm

Folder wrote:Just another reason to change backstab but nooooooo!

Don't worry they'll just add fake Movement options to every room in the realms :P easier than fixing the broken mechanic

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:19 pm

Folder wrote:Just another reason to change backstab but nooooooo!

That's the thing if you make backstab instant damage is going to drop to like 2.5-3x instead of 4x.

Dps going to be lowered skill level to use the class is going to be lowered.

Only thing I can think of is giving an option for both.

You have a stab attack that cost 2 Stam that you can do instant for 2.5-3x or you can do your hide backstab for the 4x.

The thing is we did a poll and most wanted to keep it as is. I know I'd rather keep it as it than crippling damage unless the option to use the old one remains as well.

Folder

Postby Folder » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:13 pm

Lateralus wrote:The thing is we did a poll and most wanted to keep it as is.

People also voted Trump into office.
<Silhouette>

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:51 pm

Folder wrote:
Lateralus wrote:The thing is we did a poll and most wanted to keep it as is.

People also voted Trump into office.

lol :lol:

For real tho you would want to take about 1/4th of their damage away and remove pretty much the only skill class from the game to make pve bossing better suited for them? I just dont think the tradeoff is worth it but now that we have a bigger playerbase maybe we can take another poll. It doesnt bother me if slayers lose 1/4th their damage but i think we would have some other upset people.

Tucker

Postby Tucker » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:49 pm

Dps going to be lowered skill level to use the class is going to be lowered.

Moving out and in really can't be called skill level and it never has been - it's just an archaic and annoying restriction from 10+ years ago.

If you really wanted to argue about the actual skill it takes to type e, hit enter, type w, and hit enter, then we should remove the control+arrow move feature since that lowers the skill cap of the game as a whole and especially of Assy's/Thief's (I don't actually want that change but I'm trying to illustrate clearly that moving your character twice cannot be called a feature that raises the skill ceiling).

The official word seems to be:

Nitehawk wrote:I don't think I'd give slayers 4x + 10% without that delay though. The delay helps balance it out really, since you use two attacks, you get 4.5xish in damage as a return. (in general /hide then attack, but then 4x damage.)

Which is completely reasonable, but why not just add a slight delay to mimic the movement time before you can backstab again and whammo the problem is solved and balance is retained. In the thread I had going about this subject the above was the only real complaint I recall seeing. Someone mentioned something akin to nostalgia but yeah.

I searched for the poll a good bit and wasn't able to find it under any common keywords like 'backstab' I'd be curious to find it to see what people thought and the proposed change being voted on. Maybe we could have a round two poll now that the community are well into the game and there's a lot of experience with endgame gameplay and leveling/playing the classes. I've talked to a lot of people about it and the consensus seems to be that the class is frustrating right now and that if it were balanced equal to the current class's limitations (that being the .25-.5 seconds between moving out and in) it would be a good change.

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:49 pm

you are right there really isnt much skill maybe that was a bad term for it but like you said nitehawk wanted a delay in there which i agree with.

The "skill" I was getting at minimizes that delay. Good slayers are almost instant others are a lot slower meaning slayers lose rounds over time. Again there isnt much skill to this game class wise but slayer was one of the only places where a skilled player has a bit more of an advantage. Again im all for getting rid of the hide but i dont like the idea of losing damage or removing the tiny bit of skill it takes to play that class. I mean whats the problem now slayers are not that good at some oads? well they are tops in pvp do they need to be great at pvp? I mean rangers are great at solo pve but horrible at pvp which i think people are ok with?

Idk I will leave it up to nitehawk to start up another poll maybe he has a good solution for this.

Here is the old poll:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=269

Return to “Archive Chat”