Race Stat Changes

Dan

Re: Race Stat Changes

Postby Dan » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:00 pm

Lateralus wrote:Well when they lose and end they will have an extra point pretty much.

Right now lizard can build a 22 23 19 10 14 10
After the change they will b 22 23 18 10 14 10 (with losing an end and allocation point)

I guess I could see them keeping an allocation but really on lizard what are you going to do? Toss it in int?

Same with drake even if you go 12wis 14chr you don't gain and hp just mp.

That said I don't think it would hurt them keeping the allocation point since they lost an end I just don't think it makes a big deal.

Let they keep it then and maybe add one more, to help crazy priests and apllys.

Its fun.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:54 pm

Lateralus wrote:
Dan wrote:About proposal #11

I feel like taking away one alloc point for Saurians and Drakes is a bit too much a nerf.

They already have small MR, reducing their END is not enough?

Well when they lose and end they will have an extra point pretty much.

Right now lizard can build a 22 23 19 10 14 10
After the change they will b 22 23 18 10 14 10 (with losing an end and allocation point)

I guess I could see them keeping an allocation but really on lizard what are you going to do? Toss it in int?

Same with drake even if you go 12wis 14chr you don't gain and hp just mp.

That said I don't think it would hurt them keeping the allocation point since they lost an end I just don't think it makes a big deal.

Lizards are going to be getting a AGI bonus, and with the END changes they are only losing about 20HP, not 60HP. This is because of the new HP mechanics.

I disagree about the END. Right now they can +1 their stats and have 14 wisdom. With -1 end and -1 point, they are still going to have full wisdom. Honestly I didn't want that and also +1'ing but I guess we'll leave it. (It means with saurians theres no point not too, no real loss.)

Right now your looking at a 23/22/18/10/14/10 saurian for example or a 22/22/18/14/14/11 saurian.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:55 pm

FrostSlayer wrote:I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but with all of the stat changes flying around I figured it would be ok. How does the natural AC of some races interact with absorb and deflect mechanics? Does it only affect absorb chances, or is it both, or does it only apply as a physical damage reduction percentage? I was always wondering this and thought I would ask. Thanks.

It applies to absorb like your body armor, not deflect. It applies the exactly the same like your body armor was +4 etc more armor.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:20 am

So what do the changes look like now?
Yeh yeh I know about the table, but what is the end decision or is it still being decided?
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:37 am

daedroth wrote:So what do the changes look like now?
Yeh yeh I know about the table, but what is the end decision or is it still being decided?

It's proposal 11 (made some changes to it) at the moment. Not final just yet but might be soon.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:24 am

Prop #12 is in with some minor racial bonuses have been added. Just so they actually 'matter' a little more.

If that is good then I think we're OK to go.

Eld

Postby Eld » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:12 am

NiteHawk wrote:Prop #12 is in with some minor racial bonuses have been added. Just so they actually 'matter' a little more.

If that is good then I think we're OK to go.

Bit concerned by some of this, I'm at work atm but hopefully tonight I'll get a chance to do what I did with the first proposal.

i.e. compare typical stat builds for different races and classes and see if one particular combination is overpowered or if one particular race is underpowered at something they should be good at.

After this step is complete, are you going to run any stat simulations on this to see if this shows up any areas of concern?

Folder

Postby Folder » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:52 am

Do humans still have the pot cooldown reduction? They seem rather good if they have pot reduction, 2 points for a +1, and 15% reduced fizzle. Might not need all that, although it's nothing exactly gamebreaking.
<Silhouette>

anthriel

Postby anthriel » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:45 am

Just glanced at proposal 12 and while I haven't done a lot of thinking about it, it seems to me that boosting Lings End would possibly result in more cookie cutter type builds going forward especially in Rangers and Bards (and NH and Lat were worried about cookie cutter builds earlier)

Therefore I'd suggest giving Elves +1 Str (ie 19str) so as to maintain a tradeoff balance between Elf and Lings for Rangers and Bards (ie either choose the +1str Elf or the +1agi Ling). Otherwise you really will have cookie cutter characters with every new ranger/bard made being a Ling (with possibly the occasional Drake for ppl who don't care about MR)... But elf will be entirely out of the equation for rangers/bard unless they get the +1str (not to mention pissing off the ppl who have existing elf Bards/Rangers)

Giving Elf 19Str probably won't overshadow HE either as they keep their +1end for -1agi tradeoff balance with elf and still have their 2alloc point to +1 bonus which is quite valuable (perhaps HE could get more racial traits or allow points if they do need some boost to compensate elf getting 19str but I think Elf needs something extra enough to contemplate this)....HE will probably still be used for classes such as priest & pally etc due to higher End. Elf as it stands in proposal 12 seems really only suitable for Mage classes and is merely one contender out of several others (ie not necessarily the front runner). 19 Str would also do abit to helping Elves somewhat close the gap to Eles and Gnomes as Druids in the interim (though really the whole morph formula for Druids will eventually need changing to be fair if any racial diversity with that class is to be accomplished).

Alternatively, if ppl think giving Elf +1Str Causes too many balance issues for other races then I at least suggest giving them +1Chr (23 chr) instead so they can be a relevant choice in the ranger/bard class decision (ie +1agi for +1chr tradeoff with Lings)....and lore wise aren't elves meant to be much better looking than halfling a anyway lol?

Peace

Folder

Postby Folder » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:10 am

+1 str for elves seems pretty fine to me.
<Silhouette>

Return to “Archive Chat”