Events and you!

Severe

Re: Events and you!

Postby Severe » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:28 pm

This has very likely been addressed before, but I was really surprised to see KoTH as the main individual event instead of something akin to TGC. Why is that? I thought that TGC was the best event of its type, since it is pure tournament style. Like KoTH, there is no way to work with other guild members (unless one concedes defeat to a buddy). Some other suggestions could be races, trivia contents, a meek and strong equivalent, and scavenger hunts. These could all get good participation (some even by low lvl or guildless) and a couple of them get people running around and bumping into each other.

Another idea is a gauntlet type event, where teams of X number get to try to make it through a very difficult area, figure out some sort of quest, or even escape. Actually that would be pretty neat - an escape room event with random teams that have to work together.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:29 am

More structured events. I dislike events where people/parties make alliances behind the scenes; feels dirty.
Personally I put clan/friends first when given the opportunity; but it would be nice where there were competitions where this couldn't happen.
I sometimes don't bother with events because of the pacts and then the whining after.
Also makes it fairer in general.
Sort of like my clan fighting idea. One team will fight another, team with most wins wins. In the event of a draw, team with the higher k/d + wins. If it is still a drawn; they fight it out.
I am sure something can be thought out :)

Teams events like rok; where a team leader pages with his/her team.

Leads me to an idea:
Party K/D.
Something the event holder can make to make his/her job easier. Each party can be given a temporary k/d counter, probably by assigning the party a name. It will keep track of each death/kill the party suffers/inflicts.
This could be added to the randomiser; some kind of party randomiser. Could also have the party randomiser automatically make the teams and team names. Could even make it make me tea and serve me crumpets.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Snyper

Postby Snyper » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:36 pm

Severe wrote:Another idea is a gauntlet type event, where teams of X number get to try to make it through a very difficult area, figure out some sort of quest, or even escape. Actually that would be pretty neat - an escape room event with random teams that have to work together.

I have an idea similar to this i've been working on. It's in the works now and, hopefully, can be ran sometimes in the near future.
My idea was to make a team based event in a newly built arena where your team has to not only survive the arena and its monsters, but beat the other team finishing the event. You may even cross paths with the opposition and fight it out. But that doesnt mean the event is won... Making sure you play as a team and deciding if extra fighting is worth the possible loss of an important teammate.

Nothing has been written in stone completely, but hopefully this will be a well recieved event and a change up from the more common pvp events where that's all that matters.

Return to “Archive Chat”