Events and you!

Lateralus

Re: Events and you!

Postby Lateralus » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:04 pm

Good to see the more active guilds would be willing to sacrifice. I think this could work if it was at a set time. I am not sure this could be that great of a random event with the wide variety of numbers as well as people being in and out of oads.

I would suggest a set day maybe a sunday or something around 4pm where we can get US and EU players on at once type deal. Maybe start with 4v4 and see if we can fill that?

Would prob be like this:

Torm vs Sil
Torm vs Rev
Rev vs Sil

Then do tie breakers by players left. (if each team won 1 round each it would be decided by who had the most players left on their wins).

Like i said this isnt something that could be done day of type thing and it also cuts out a fair amount of players. if rev has only 3 who want in that day and torm has 8 and sil has 7 its kind of a bummer that 9 people have to sit out type thing. Thats somewhat why I perfer just reg 3v3 or 4v4 over that. yes the guild with more teams has a better chance to win but its not like there is an advantage at the match level.

Honestly I think the most Fair and Fun events are the random team and the draft team moshes. I think this for the most part takes the guild advantage out of it and gives players a good chance for skilled combat over just luck based 1v1 like koths or gamblers (while everyone waits which isnt very fun at all). Do others enjoy the random team and draft moshes or not so much?

Eld

Postby Eld » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:17 am

I like random team and draft moshes, it's fun to team with different people, removes the guild advantage completely, and they're some of my favourite events

At this stage i think some people just don't like events, or they died once in an event and have sworn off of them completely for some reason???
I hope people post on this thread to reveal why they're reluctant eventers?

On a separate note, to follow up on the guild event discussion, if you didn't want people to miss out you could potentially have some sort of guild champion event.

Each qualifying guild (has to have been somewhat active in the last week, chosen by event runner's discretion, this avoids fake clans made solely for this event).

Each guild either selects a champion or fights it out amongst themselves to select a champion (or champions) for the final stage.

The winner of this initial stage would get granted a PP value based on how many entrants from their guild, and wouldn't get any for this stage if there was any suspected dives being taken.

Might be hard to determine if people throw that stage or not though, especially with clan pride at stake in the final stage.

Maybe 1pp per guild entrant for this, or maybe stagger the amount based on number of people.
This encourages each guild to enter the most people possible, and guilds might even convince reluctant people that events can be fun.

Maybe have a time limit on this round, with one hitting monsters getting spawned if people aren't fighting.

Guilds who skip fighting the first stage and select a champion would only potentially win PP for the final stage. Maybe again 1pp per entrant to the overall event,but maybe a staggered amount of PP would be better.

Rules on healing/etc. would need to be determined, but it shouldn't be everything allowed as you'll need someone with good 1v1 skills to reach the final stage.
Maybe use a no pots/no mana/no healing arena.

The final stage would be up for discussion, a FFA would encourage guild alliances, but this would likely lead to whichever guild that's unpopular at the time getting teamed against.

A round robin might be fairest but could take longer to run.
I'd favour round robin.

Event broadcasts could be designed to stoke clan pride, i.e.
"And Revolution are this week's strongest guild, obliterating Silhouette and crushing Tormented!"

Might be an interesting event with clan pride somewhat at stake, hopefully encourages reluctant eventers to take part, and allows every guild to win PP, and seems fair to all?

Edit:
Just had a thought, if it's a mass brawl for the first stage then people might end up angry at their own guild and rage quit/avoid events in future, however i can't think of a decent alternative way to fight it out and maybe we just need to risk this?

Mort

Postby Mort » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:34 pm

So you want to be the first stage of this as a great way for someone in a big guild to earn pp and the smaller guilds to get less?

I might have missed something in there. I kind of like the idea as a whole of guild warfare I don't like the idea of super guilds getting rewarded just for being in a super guild.

Eld

Postby Eld » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:46 pm

Mort wrote:So you want to be the first stage of this as a great way for someone in a big guild to earn pp and the smaller guilds to get less?

I might have missed something in there. I kind of like the idea as a whole of guild warfare I don't like the idea of super guilds getting rewarded just for being in a super guild.

Good point.
I just meant if 15 people enter from Torm, 10 people from Silh, and 2 people from Rev, then giving each champion 10pp for the first stage seems unfair.

Maybe make it a requirement of at least 4 entrants per clan required for them to be eligible for PP for the elimination stage?

Either way, not sure if the event idea is any good or not.
I'm not a huge fan of 1v1s and prefer group fights as they're much more interesting

Mort

Postby Mort » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:32 pm

Don't like the idea of being punished for not being in sihl or torm. I think maybe save the pp for the guild vs guild part of it. If we only send 2 that sucks for us but at least we'd have a shot at the same. Don't make the rich richer by default.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:21 am

Personally I think it is better if you stick with even odds. Each clan can enter with a fixed # of people to keep it relatively fair.

One possibility though. If it is just pp rewards then a clan that wants to enter but does not have enough people could ask another clan for a member (as long as the original clan has the most member in it: over 50%)? Eh... 50/50 on that idea though...
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Mort

Postby Mort » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:04 am

If the shoe was on the other foot who in rev would you trust not to take a dive if they had to team with sihl vs rev :?:

Folder

Postby Folder » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:29 am

Meh talk of throwing and cheating.

I'll say it here in public - if someone in my guild ever does that they won't stay here. Make events, if players cheat they ruin their own reputation or that of their guild. It's not so complicated guys.
<Silhouette>

Mort

Postby Mort » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:05 am

Hope that transparency post wasn't for me. Either way I wouldnt want a guild event to be guild x + y vs y It's stupid. If a guild isn't big enough don't force people on them unless they ask for help and of course you'd have the right to refuse.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:25 pm

Mort wrote:Hope that transparency post wasn't for me. Either way I wouldn't want a guild event to be guild x + y vs y It's stupid. If a guild isn't big enough don't force people on them unless they ask for help and of course you'd have the right to refuse.

Not unless you been fitting in the criteria of harassment in game against other players or staffers. Had nothing to do with this post though. 8)

Return to “Archive Chat”