Yes
52%
No
48%

Total votes: 23
Rael

Re: Is 24 STR too much on Half-Orcs

Postby Rael » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:25 pm

If I remember correctly you did the calculations saurian vs orcs. saurian's came out on top a good amount. I will say a geared out orc is intense at times but I do not think it needs changed and definitely not before the agi update goes in.

Eld

Postby Eld » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:14 am

I voted "yes" but this is a fine balancing act.
A lot of it depends on the agi changes, and a lot of it depends on what the other races get.

I still think we need to do attack simulations based on current stats, see what is currently overpowered, and then change only what is absolutely necessary.

25 str on any class that has an attack modifier seems pretty great at the moment though

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:58 am

Rael wrote:If I remember correctly you did the calculations saurian vs orcs. saurian's came out on top a good amount. I will say a geared out orc is intense at times but I do not think it needs changed and definitely not before the agi update goes in.

This is the problem.

People are comparing it to saurians for everything, and I have in the past as well admittedly. The issue is to do with saurians being more OP then HO in the most case. That's why in my racial changes post I am trying to keep Saurians where they are at rather then beefing them up cause they shouldn't be.

I suppose the fine balancing act is if we realize it's too much afterwards I simply change the damage formula instead as I talked about. I want to keep changing stats too much though. Though thinking about it, looking at a 22/22/19 saur vs a 23/19/22 HO, damage wise they are pretty close, putting it at 24 was an OK choice but maybe the formula effects too much per point.

In any case we can review it afterwards then and we'll leave it for now. I get the poll is sliding on yes but I also agree with people on waiting until we see how everything plays out.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:22 am

-Z- wrote:I got mixed feelings about this, I think you could possibly do diminishing values after a certain point for str stat. I don't really want to vote on this until the dex update though. It could work itself out with H/O Slayers AND H/O Zerkers getting nailed more (low agil) for the trade off in the top tier burst dmg. Btw, I do not own a H/O Slayer nor a H/O Zerker which would be the main focus of nerfing the 25str. As far as Elders go, think if you slightly adjust the scaleing for wis to str% gained upon morph might help balnce elders. Mainly Ele Druids.

+1 Vote to -Z-
Wait and see how the new changes are. Most races are getting a HP increase and then theres the slight AGL modifier... so it may balance out anyway.
The druid WIS modifiers can also be adjusted if Ele is still considered OP.
I think it is pointless to vote until the new changes have been in effect for a while.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Terron

Postby Terron » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:42 am

im still on the fence on this one, playing my horcs i love the str, but yeah they definitely dont outweigh the 23 str saurians ive used.

without magic involved horc dwarf saurian and drake all have too much going for them

basically imo the outlook i have after playing them is:

horc too resilient and sacrificing almost nothing to get that much power
saurian hits way too often to warrant that kind of strength and not have 17 end
drake above average str and dex with slightly above average HPs (because chr is the dump stat)
dwarf sacrifices 1 agility to be a defense god...

in that scenario id expect to see:
horc -1 agi (as it sits current, not with agi change) -1 end
saurian -1 agility -1 end
drake -1 end
dwarf -1 agi , -1 wis

again that reflects a world w/o magic.

i kinda still feel that drake saur and horc especially would deserve to keep the OPness if magic classes had more options. i feel like its pointless for you to change things like this unless it is causing more grief for players than fun. because it might not be an issue if something else was changed, namely agi and more magic classes.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:00 am

You gotta go with the premise that magic will be more of a thing in the future I would say, they do need to be better then other races with MR as they don't have that going for them, and eventually they'll be zapped by the magic beats down them easily.

Styx

Postby Styx » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:00 pm

I would I've my vote changed, keep 24 str for the orc, they will need it with the agi changes etc

Dan

Postby Dan » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:14 pm

NiteHawk wrote:You gotta go with the premise that magic will be more of a thing in the future I would say, they do need to be better then other races with MR as they don't have that going for them, and eventually they'll be zapped by the magic beats down them easily.

But that is not a good thing.

Casters having an advantage is ok, but hos should have a chance.

Terron

Postby Terron » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:20 pm

they do. 9-11% chance to hit 2 backstabs in 1 round. hey! nobodies perfect lol
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Folder

Postby Folder » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:42 pm

Terron wrote:they do. 9-11% chance to hit 2 backstabs in 1 round. hey! nobodies perfect lol

^exactly, they do have a chance by virtue of idiot damage when they land hits. If orcs could go toe to toe with magic users why would anyone ever roll high wis melee? They have to get cooked most of the time.

Also yeah, the more I think about it orcs need that str otherwise everyone just makes lizard/drake. We'll see how current race changes pan out though.
<Silhouette>

Return to “Archive Chat”