About anti-spy measures

Terron

Re: About anti-spy measures

Postby Terron » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:24 pm

id prefer a guild tag system. so for instance /gtag [character name] [tag] or something like that. and ofc /gtagacct so it copies your tag to every alt within the guild.

as far as the spying, i really dont understand how people would care to spy. you have track on 2 classes. this makes spying redundant. we have set times for oads. i bet guilds do seta pillars and mines at 4pm server time...i have spied them doing dread keys at 7 am and 7 pm , so suspicious. hope my cover isnt burned.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:52 am

Terron wrote:id prefer a guild tag system. so for instance /gtag [character name] [tag] or something like that. and ofc /gtagacct so it copies your tag to every alt within the guild.

as far as the spying, i really dont understand how people would care to spy. you have track on 2 classes. this makes spying redundant. we have set times for oads. i bet guilds do seta pillars and mines at 4pm server time...i have spied them doing dread keys at 7 am and 7 pm , so suspicious. hope my cover isnt burned.

Good work!
Keep it up :)

I think if there was system to add "surname" then it should be voluntary for each character you have.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Roxette

Postby Roxette » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:40 am

Maybe it could be all or nothing, you join a guild on one of your toons they're all auto enrolled in that guild, create a new toon auto in.

Or

Or they can be auto enrolled and you can toggle it off, but not allowed to join 2 guilds.

People of course will make more than 1 account so on and so forth but just an idea.
Roxette Drow Ice Slayer - Co-Leader of Revolution - Manager of Fun Having!

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:36 pm

Terron wrote:id prefer a guild tag system. so for instance /gtag [character name] [tag] or something like that. and ofc /gtagacct so it copies your tag to every alt within the guild.

Guild tag would be very helpful.

As for stopping spy’s I don’t really see anything that could be gained from it tbh and it’s really annoying anyone would even try it. Just the thought of spying means new players don’t get invited and because of that sometimes they don’t get the help they need and don’t stick around.

guilds should be able to setup auto join for players since most games work like this. Waiting for a leader to get back to you rarely ever happens which sucks. You should just have an option auto join (goes to recruit) or invite only simple as that.

We lose too many players to not having a guild and little help or interaction. We really need to boost interaction. This and world chat are needed. I don’t care how “annoying” people might be that abuse it I’ll just ban them simple as that. We need new players and we need systems to help that effort.

Terron

Postby Terron » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:55 pm

oh god no world chat. world chat should be added, but more of a limited use with a cost. or some kind of orbs that broadcast 10-25 messages before depletion. only way i would see a world chat even working is with preset messages. otherwise its almost entirely annoying. and just as annoying if some rich player buys world chat bcasts just to say their own name or some other random dumbass response.

do a newbie chat channel, have volunteer veterans able to use it. have the chat link various FAQ to wiki/forum /info pages.
do world chat with preset bcasts and responses.

something like

/wc bcast 1 - [player] puts out a call for his guild looking for members. (this one should be a free 1 time bcast for a new guild and repeat hourly for 1 day)

/wc bcast 2 - [player] puts out a call for assistance in an OaD.

/wc bcast 3 - [player]'s guild is bloodthirsty and looking for pvp combat.

just some thoughts

Ohko

Postby Ohko » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:37 pm

There's already a newbie chat system in place.

/helper : Toggles helper mode. This will allow you to get new player questions so you can assist them. If this mode is abused (i.e. you give grief to new players) you will be banned without warning.

/newbie :This will send a message to any helper online with a question you may have. This is NOT a chat channel. If a helper is online, they will help you as soon as possible!

If you add a cost to world chat, it'll just end up being like telegrams where it's hardly used. If people abuse world chat, it's not hard to ignore them or even opt out of world chat since those appear to be functions that would be added if world chat is implemented. If canned text is used, I wouldn't object but I would still prefer free text messages.
Tivrusky

"The computer’s kaput and we’re drifting through space towards certain oblivion."

Terron

Postby Terron » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:25 pm

add whatever aslong as i can toggle it off(and toggle it off of general chat window). speaking from exp here - i have hated world chat on every game its available on. its constant clutter and 99% of its uses are complete trash. on most mmo's its referred to as "Shitstream". looking forward to the same recycled pp joke reused on world chat for the 400th time.

thats what she said..your face...eat shit....and die...eat my nuts...tyrargo sux...yeah hate that guy..<3 patsy...

how many times do you honestly want to see that everyday?

BigTimer23

Postby BigTimer23 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:16 pm

Folder wrote:Honestly though who is even spying? It's no one from Silh. Jeff and Angie? Doesn't seem their style.

Are we sure this is a big issue? 100% not trying to be a dick here. I think end of the day we can, as a small community, just be cool about stuff like this.

Didn't a silh member just get done spying though?

Boon

Postby Boon » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:21 pm

I think the best way to fix this would be to set the guild at account lvl and it would make it much easier for guild administration and it would have that advantage of not needing someone to invite your alts into the guild. One character in a guild all your characters in the same guild. I can see no advantage in having characters in more than one guild other than spying.

anthriel

Postby anthriel » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:13 pm

I'm not a big fan of spying and do think it needs to be addressed somehow. But I'm also not a big fan of restricting 1 guild per account if it's also restricted to 1 account per player. I think it just promotes more factionalism in the end. I like being in multiple guilds where this is allowed and aboveboard. I do after all own a mercenary guild (albeit a very quiet and lazy one atm). Peace.

Edit - perhaps a better/less restrictive way would be to make a command to let guildies query a persons account somehow. Eg if Anthriel joined your guild you could see on /gi anthriel that "Anthriel also has ties to Ronin Agency etc" based on whatever other guilds I've joined with characters on my 1 account. Shrugs.

Return to “Archive Chat”