Why?

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Re: Why?

Postby NiteHawk » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:58 am

daedroth wrote:NOT EVERYTHING CAN BE EXPLAINED BY SCIENCE!
There are mysteries out there... :ugeek:

Actually one of the questions I was going to ask was if the simulation used every variable (as in normal scripts/abilities/classes/div etc, so it was just like real combat anyway) rather than just a number cruncher without all the scripts.

No I'd actually be using the server itself and the script itself, only having it not actually do damage, and spam and calcuate the totals.

Number crunching is ok for certain things but yanno, since I have the source, server, and I can literally make a couple tweaks to remove damage but output it still, it's literally 100% simulation test. Dunno why I would even make a number cruncher since in this case since it's far more easier to just modify a couple lines on the current system to debug output everything instead :P

Terron

Postby Terron » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:06 am

i know what you can do with testing. however it isnt explaining why anomalies with 0.00000000000000000001% chance to happen are popping up 10x a week. is this happening to other people? seems likely atm. mathematically this should happen 1 time every 125 years or so, there's your science...i did hit the ele cat against div a little better last night 7/44. maybe the roller will bless me with 100% dodge for the next 2 weeks, never know at this point. all i do know is necros damage blows even with god equips, they are pretty awful in group fights because of this, and their 1v1 is more based on them gaining hps to outlast people.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

iced

Postby iced » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:36 am

Actually one of the questions I was going to ask was if the simulation used every variable (as in normal scripts/abilities/classes/div etc, so it was just like real combat anyway) rather than just a number cruncher without all the scripts.

well gee i dunno, to me it sounds a lot like he's going to use the game to run a test of something occurring in the game to verify the findings or any discrepancies there may be.

JadeFalcon

Postby JadeFalcon » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:44 am

iced wrote:well gee i dunno, to me it sounds a lot like he's going to use the game to run a test of something occurring in the game to verify the findings or any discrepancies there may be.

you seem suspiciously like this martian transvestite i shagged once.
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

iced

Postby iced » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:53 am

boy have i got a vidya for you

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:23 am

Terron wrote:i know what you can do with testing. however it isnt explaining is this happening to other people? seems likely atm. mathematically this should happen 1 time every 125 years or so, there's your science...i did hit the ele cat against div a little better last night 7/44. maybe the roller will bless me with 100% dodge for the next 2 weeks, never know at this point. all i do know is necros damage blows even with god equips, they are pretty awful in group fights because of this, and their 1v1 is more based on them gaining hps to outlast people.

Never said it couldn't happen in terms of fizzle rate or MR rate, thats the problem with RNG too when they both start at 0% and have a max, specially if its around 50%, sometimes you'll simply get more bad luck than not. What I've mostly been saying is that divinity doesn't affect it. There is literally nothing to it, the script calls one function that returns true or false, true being resisted, false otherwise. That function does not call anything else but takes two players, gets certain values like level, wisdom, etc, and does a RNG check. The higher wins.

I don't know what more to say, I can gladly take two or three characters and test it as I've been saying if there's anyone specific in mind. Their damage, some spells, etc, can be changed, but I'm not arguing about that, stuff like that can be looked at.

Terron

Postby Terron » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:31 am

lol martian transvestamite..
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:10 pm

iced wrote:

well gee i dunno, to me it sounds a lot like he's going to use the game to run a test of something occurring in the game to verify the findings or any discrepancies there may be.

Yes, I gathered that info from the posting he made, beneath the posting you quoted, and I was stating what one of my questions would have been (if this is what he was going to do: a full simulation including the various scripts). The aforementioned question was answered in the posting beneath the posting you quoted. This had the effect of making a question I had thought off rhetorical, since it had already been answered. However I still attached it as an afterthough to the posting that you quoted, that had been my response, to his response on another of my postings.

I am curious about this vidya, post link on discord clan chat please :D
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Return to “Archive Chat”