Opinions on taming

Ohko

Re: Opinions on taming

Postby Ohko » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:58 am

Inverno wrote:But i suggest a way to revert pets back to soul stones.

I like this idea too. Can even make it a small gold sink by having to put a pet back into an empty soul stone.
Tivrusky

"The computer’s kaput and we’re drifting through space towards certain oblivion."

Terron

Postby Terron » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:07 pm

yeah thats a great idea
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:11 am

Rangers/Stalkers are not useful with oad bosses. At the seta one of the pillars went through my three pets like they were wet tissue paper (1k hp, 27 dodge x2, 850?hp 25?dodge), they died so quick I could have just not bothered to summon them.
Rangers MIGHT be decent pvp coz of the pet guardy mode...
Meh. My stalker will be gathering dust :)
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Terron

Postby Terron » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:24 am

Yeah pets are pretty squishy at bosses. It's one of my favorite pve classes. Just horrible oaders. Pvp is ok 1v1 mostly. The class just needs 6 maxxed stats and doesn't get that.

That's why i ditched my other rangers and used horc.pets are only couple stats lower anyway.

I did have a 10 24 17 19 10 22 ranger. I done a few harder orange/red mobs without potions and at level divinity19/20. Just the killspeed was BAD.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:47 am

I wonder if having /pet revive # actually ressumon the pet at 50 - 25% health, or something, be viable and balanced?

It has been discussed before but... a sorcy/necro can summon a pet with one attack after its been killed, a ranger would need to /pet revive then heal for x amount of turns (for me at 25th its 150 hp per heal if in combat, about double that outside combat). So in combat it takes 6 for my 850+ hp pet and 7 rounds to heal my 1k pet back to full health (+2 attacks if it needs to be revived and re-summoned).

Ranger: Pet dead, summon pet 2 -1 attack, pet dead summon pet 3 -1 attack, pet dead, pet revive -1attack, pet heal - 1 to 2 rounds, pet summon -1attack
Sorcy/Necro: pet dead, resummon -1 attack, rinse and repeat.

I'm not convinced the pets being better makes them more viable. Stalkers would still take a back seat for other meat shield producers due to the extra functionality (de/buffs, dps) and simplicity of the necro/sorcy pet mechanics.

Food for thought. I am sure everyone has their own opinions on this.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:48 pm

Yea I’d have to agree with the statement above. Maybe it should take a bit more effort for caster pets a few stam? Or maybe ranger pets come back with some life based on Chr or something?

Snyper

Postby Snyper » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:48 pm

I like the stalker but it could really use some more techniques or something a bit more special to make them a contender with being played. Hell mine has an event pet and i only use him for orish farming... But yea i dont think that would throw things out of balance, paulie. I get frustrated myself having to revive and spend 2 rounds healing. then re summon.

Ohko

Postby Ohko » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:09 pm

I agree stalker pet needs either better healing or more hp after res. A stalker without a pet is really at a disadvantage with less AC and no pet protect. However, I think in PvP pets are fine where it's at now. However, PvE could use some work since most of the time the stalker uses all its stamina to keep the pets alive.

But again, we've digress from the original topic of taming pets.
Tivrusky

"The computer’s kaput and we’re drifting through space towards certain oblivion."

Terron

Postby Terron » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:53 pm

the oads are really the only problem. as i stated you can put 15+ int on a ranger and heal more than a cleric, with a pet that takes 50-70% of the attacks at times. as i said above you can make your ranger opt for high int/chr and dodge and you are basically indestructible. especially if your pet heals the minimal damage you receive. i have completed things on a 10 24 17 19 10 22 ling ranger(before update), like raider chief solo at level 20 with 0 pots used.

in oads a priest should be assisting with pet heals, i mean pet is literally making your life a breeze.

reviving pets at 25-33% health would be nice tho. another thing is i think healing unsummoned pets should be double or atleast 1.5.

stalker is my referred dps melee character on ember so far, just boosting heals isnt the way to go imo. i like the int dynamic.
id like to see some timed skills and buffs you cast on your pets. that way maxing int chr agi has the best pets and the damage loss for having no str is somewhat made up for with pet skills/buffs.

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:32 pm

Just throwing some more hp on them would help a lot and wouldnt effect pvp at all.

zombies have what 1400hp? you can respawn them with like 30-50mp and 1 stam.
top pets have like 2000hp and you basically need like 6-8 stam in combat to summon them full health.

Id say an easy fix is maybe add 50% more hp or bring them back to life with 50% hp.

they are the pet masters no reason a summoned pet should be a better option.

could always go the other way and reduce zombie and golem hp (casters are op anyways but its not like its totally because of the pets).

Return to “Archive Chat”