Daily Quest System

Folder

Re: Daily Quest System

Postby Folder » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:46 pm

Forgot something important. Priests! There's no way I am doing this stuff on a priest, but what about if we wanna get AC gear on them? Or the instance timer, will it need heals?

Something to consider.
<Silhouette>

anthriel

Postby anthriel » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:40 pm

More personal feedback - Yep tried the Kings road casual quest today n it took just over 20 mins on a minstrel. Probably wouldn't bother doing on a sub 25er as it would take longer with less attacks and more likely to risk losing more than gained if pked (so my motivation to do the quest is solely for the champions mark and not for the exp). If the exp reward was taken away and champions mark reward doubled this would make me even more likely do do these type quests (it would also somewhat solve storage issue cos ppl could cash in champ marks faster). All in all though today's quest was def better than the dreads one looked tho lol. Agree with folder that I wouldn't bother doing kill quests on a priest (anything over 10mobs would be painful to ray through). Good addition to the game though and looking forward to the positive difference it may make with some more tweaking.

anthriel

Postby anthriel » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:03 pm

Another consideration for feedback is the proposed rewards scaling for champions marks converting into copper heroic coins. As it stands, a casual solo player who doesn't play much at peak event times trying to get PP via daily quests would only get 10pp after a whole year of completing the casual daily quest each day. In order to get a single 150pp item that casual player would need to do the casual daily quest on 15 characters a day just to get the 150pp item in 1 year. Assuming 20mins per casual quest, that's 5hrs of playtime doing same daily quest 15x a day you are asking from casual solo offpeak players to do just to afford a single 150pp item. I'd probably give up caring long before then. I feel there is a certain "grind is good" mentality that developers have sometimes but I think it's foolish to take it too far. In the modern time-poor era in a game with a low playerbase the rewards for daily participation in anything (ppl's time investment) should be more generous to make it more effective and goals more attainable... Otherwise ppl just won't care imho.

Folder

Postby Folder » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:11 pm

I agree PP is pretty crazy hard to get, especially considering the rewards are barely better. That said your math is a little off here. If a copper (10pp) coin costs 25 marks, and someone is only doing the casual daily on 1 character a day that's 10pp every 25 days. You'll need 15 of them for a 150pp item, 15x25=375 days. That's still an awful lot lol, but it's not quite as bad as having to do it 15x a day for a year :P
<Silhouette>

Terron

Postby Terron » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:35 pm

personally i think doing them on lowbies is the way to go. i dont have to solo grind a 200m exp now i can just hop in with the 25ers get 5-6m exp and turn in quest for a bit more.

should also be various scaling exp rewards able to be purchased for marks.

like 3 marks = 1m exp
5 marks =2m
10 marks =5
25 marks = 15m
50 marks = 50m

thats real incentive imo
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:07 am

Just want to answer a few questions / respond to a few things.

Reason we are binding them to characters is so players don’t progress too fast. We want it to take about a month for each character to get a top item. We want people logging in the same alt every day and playing and interacting. We don’t really want a guild all collecting for 1 player so they can have a top item 3 days in.

Lower level quests are an option as well this is kind of a trial but I can see level 10 or 15 quests with fraction of marks that you could say craft into a full.

Hopefully playerbase grows and we have dailies at all levels and we move these high levels to the capital but right now we want active players in seamoor so new players see them.

We want 1 option a day to encourage interaction. I agree it’s a bummer getting pked in those areas but right now there focus is getting people interacting again. I believe hawk is reducing death exp penalty next update as well.

There are a few undead based quests that priests will have an advantage at. I can see more in the future.

It’s a good idea adding exp scrolls. I’ll put that on my list.

As for the breakdown of pp tokens to marks it’s a fine line we have to walk. While a casual player might only do one causal quest a day and it takes a month for 10pp there is also the person that has 5 level 25 alts they run both quests on every day for a month they end up with 150 a month. So yea it’s kind of finding a balance there. Again we will adjust as needed if even add diff options but yea that’s kinda the thinking on stuff.
Also keep in mind this isn’t meant to be a main source of pp but instead think of a way to convert pve tokens at a minor loss to pp. I’ll also be adding a pp option to convert to champions marks. These weapons necklaces boots and gloves are really going to be worth it.

On that matter yea we want the casual quests about 10-20 mins each and I’ll adjust for next week on that. I wanna get some more feedback before I revamp the quests.

anthriel

Postby anthriel » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:18 am

Folder wrote:I agree PP is pretty crazy hard to get, especially considering the rewards are barely better. That said your math is a little off here. If a copper (10pp) coin costs 25 marks, and someone is only doing the casual daily on 1 character a day that's 10pp every 25 days. You'll need 15 of them for a 150pp item, 15x25=375 days. That's still an awful lot lol, but it's not quite as bad as having to do it 15x a day for a year :P

Many thanks for the correction. I'm so inexperienced with getting any PP that I thought copper hero coin was 1pp and that conversion rate was 35 marks per copper. Yes it's still a lot but def not as bad as 15x a day for a year.

Inverno

Postby Inverno » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:11 am

Did the Linwood and Kings road quest on Lvl25 and lowbie.

They're nice. Both have decent time and difficulty. Probably must be the standard for this type of quest.
Inverno - Saurian Priest
--
Lutz - Drakeblood Ninja
Kim - Elf Ninja
Mai - Elemental Ninja
Olrox - Dwarf DeathMage
Tumbizaletalayer - Half Orc Guardian
Bastian - Goblin Cavalier Bark Bark!
Neymar - Saurian Stalker
Mime - Saurian Minstrel

anthriel

Postby anthriel » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:52 pm

Question: can a partially completed daily quest be saved up and handed in the next time the npc quest giver appears?

Eg I log in today and grab daily quest from Fred Fickle (or whatever his name is) but get busy and have to stop half way and never finish it before day is over. Over the next 3 days I finish it. Then the npc Fred appears again on 5th day and I go to hand it in. Will it be recognised as complete and Fred give the reward? Or is there something in code that means it would not be valid because I must finish it on the day I took the quest rather than the next time npc appears?

Cheers

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:38 pm

anthriel wrote:Question: can a partially completed daily quest be saved up and handed in the next time the npc quest giver appears?

Eg I log in today and grab daily quest from Fred Fickle (or whatever his name is) but get busy and have to stop half way and never finish it before day is over. Over the next 3 days I finish it. Then the npc Fred appears again on 5th day and I go to hand it in. Will it be recognised as complete and Fred give the reward? Or is there something in code that means it would not be valid because I must finish it on the day I took the quest rather than the next time npc appears?

Cheers

you would be able to turn it in that next day it shows up however you wouldnt be able to run another daily until the next day since it has a 1 day timer on it

Return to “Archive Chat”