Daily Quest System

Terron

Re: Daily Quest System

Postby Terron » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:36 pm

kings road quest was kinda rough to the bank on a chanter. burnt through 19 void orbs and 12 crystal elixirs and a minstrel helped the last half lol. would have been 25/20 solo probs thats expensive to receive 2500 on completion. wasnt impossible but i wouldnt recommend a sorc/necro doing it without a large group.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

anthriel

Postby anthriel » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:11 am

Another quick question: is there a reason that the new daily quest npcs don't seem to spawn immediately after the notification that "there is a new daily quest available" appears? Are they set to have a delayed spawn for X time after the notification? Or is something wrong with the notification appearing too early?

Cheers.

Terron

Postby Terron » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:03 pm

gnolls is in no way casual lol took longer than the vet quests
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Folder

Postby Folder » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:40 pm

Gnolls quest a bit rough for a casual quest. Needs too many coins, could probably chunk the # of kills to 3 or 4 as well, if we're calling this a casual quest.

GY quest (with mort) was fine for a vet quest. Chasing mort can be annoying but feels nice when you get it too.
<Silhouette>

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:03 pm

Hey guys should have updates going in tomorrow toning down casuals by about 10% on kills and evened out drops as well. should have fixes for vanishing quests as we (that was my bad). quests will now be on a rotation as well meaning you wont see the same quest again for 6-7 days.

anthriel

Postby anthriel » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:37 am

Sounds good Lat - thanks for the work. Ideally I think the casual quests should also not include ones that are to item-restricted areas (eg dreads, refinery) or places where there is too much movement restrictions (gnolls, dreads) in order to have best chance to attract casuals to do them (ie best chance to generate more player-hours). Cheers.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:44 am

anthriel wrote:Sounds good Lat - thanks for the work. Ideally I think the casual quests should also not include ones that are to item-restricted areas (eg dreads, refinery) or places where there is too much movement restrictions (gnolls, dreads) in order to have best chance to attract casuals to do them (ie best chance to generate more player-hours). Cheers.

I agree with this reasoning. Casual should be casual.
Let the vet's get stuck on a square and die horribly to pkers!
Also agree with unlocked areas for casual quests.
Allow us noobs/casuals the ability to roam freely and leap around like graceful gazelles while questing.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:39 am

Yea I can shift quests out of those zones and write new ones for casual no problem. Might not be until next week but we can get that change in.

Ohko

Postby Ohko » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:30 am

The Gnoll and Dread ones could be kept, but maybe change them to Veterans and adding a few things to them should make them hard enough.
Tivrusky

"The computer’s kaput and we’re drifting through space towards certain oblivion."

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:16 pm

Ohko wrote:The Gnoll and Dread ones could be kept, but maybe change them to Veterans and adding a few things to them should make them hard enough.

yea thats the idea. ill prob throw a few astrals on the dreads and rework and maybe get a miniboss roaming around gnolls to take out for those quests.

Return to “Archive Chat”