Daily Quest System Change Log 2/1/2018

anthriel

Re: Daily Quest System Change Log 2/1/2018

Postby anthriel » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:30 pm

@Terron

PP is already abit like halloween candy unfort. You can get it for answering a few trivia questions if you are online at the right times so let's not pretend like it's some super awesomely equitable system that works perfectly already.

I'm not saying that casuals should get handouts of best endgame items for nothing. Just that these casual quests and marks rewards should function like daily login rewards for casuals where they are eventually able to access good rewards for their repeated patronage/commitment to the game (and patronage/commitment is valuable commodity for a game seeking to grow and remain relevant in a world that is increasingly time poor and growing in alternative entertainments). This kind of daily rewards incentive system does have precedent in many types of games. And let's face it, if the casual gets a 150 pp item easier, that's still not like they r gonna be the best equipped mofo in the game. It will still take them quite some time of active questing to get (which is good for the game). They still aren't going to be rocking around with Crimson weapons or whatever prefix/suffix gear that is coming etc. To get to these they'd probably have to switch to being a committed veteran (and probably in large guild if current guild system stays as is) so these casuals aren't going to be endgame beasts (and certainly not immediately). All it means is that more casuals will eventually have access to PP items (which a lot in bad timezones etc currently don't) and that kind of equity and incentive can only be better for growing the playerbase imho.

And what about the vets that can mine 20+ marks a day on all their 25ers?...well good for them I say. It's still generating active player hours and probably keeping them online more than it would if no system existed. At least they are online and motivated to do something other than idle. Let them enjoy increased rewards for their active play also rather than penalising the casual (which might get to the point of ineffectiveness of the casual stops caring). I totally think it's fair/equitable that the guy who plays 10hrs a day progresses roughly 10x faster towards endgame content/items etc than the guy who plays 1hr a day. And if both are adequately motivated by the rewards system to keep putting in those kinds of hours because of the rewards system then the game ultimately wins (from more active players and economies of scale) methinks. Peace.

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:53 pm

Inverno wrote:I dont know how will be the boots/gloves/necklace offer/drops in game after the update to judge the price....

But about weapons, since its account bounded (u cant sell or borrow), weak than common oads for pvp and you are aiming for casual players: they seens to be expensive.

Consider they are by far the best leveling tools in game making leveling go 25% faster and can be equipped at level 18.

Once you are to level 25 these items are still tops for pve meaning everything from general gold and material farming will be faster also will be much more effective boas killing tools.

All this and it’s account bound meaning they will work on multiple characters and classes in your account.

These are imo the best deal / items in game. I actually wanted to price them higher but I wanted them to be an obtainable centerpiece to the system.

Terron

Postby Terron » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:58 pm

there isnt enough events to get people pp. i agree but at the same time i dont know many people with pp items except the ones who are currently casual. so if casuals cannot obtain pp by doing events(which are at peak hours imo) then its obvious that these players were not casual, farmed a bunch of pp items, then stopped logging in and became casual. playing less.

personally, i kinda dislike the crossover feature from marks to pp, because its an endgame opportunity if desired, albeit slow. pp needs adjustments, just not at the cost of turning this pve system into a pp mining facility.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:04 pm

@ant I get what you are saying and it’s kind of a rough balance to find. Initially I thought we were going to bind tokens to players and even limit how many could be done a day but that’s not possible so I had to adjust rates. They are still a work in progress however don’t expect rates to drop on pp. pp is a separate system and I had to fight to even keep any conversion but I feel it’s at the right place now.

Considering how much pvp items cost with pp I feel like champs marks rewards are easier to obtain. We will be introducing some great rings boots gloves ammys etc that will be champs system first.

So yea I appreciate the feedback and as you can see I’ve already taken quite a few players feedback and implemented. So keep the feedback coming just keep in mind it’s a system in progress.

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:07 pm

Terron wrote:there isnt enough events to get people pp. i agree but at the same time i dont know many people with pp items except the ones who are currently casual. so if casuals cannot obtain pp by doing events(which are at peak hours imo) then its obvious that these players were not casual, farmed a bunch of pp items, then stopped logging in and became casual. playing less.

personally, i kinda dislike the crossover feature from marks to pp, because its an endgame opportunity if desired, albeit slow. pp needs adjustments, just not at the cost of turning this pve system into a pp mining facility.

Yea and that’s something we are working on atm as well. Pp system will get some adjustments along side armor and weapons adjustments that will make armors more worth buying. We will also see better useful amulets as well as some other cool rewards make their way into the system in this next update.

We are also expanding and already have a few new events done that will diversify away from just 1v1 and random teams.

Terron

Postby Terron » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:55 pm

the pve system is great. pp getting a boost from more events will be great aswell. lookin forward to all of it

anthriel

Postby anthriel » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:25 am

@Lat

Even if marks to pp conversion doesn't change, I still think the exp scroll is very steep and should be lowered.

As for how to limit PP farming, perhaps make the veteran quests pay out directly in hero coins (perhaps new denomination of herocoin for 1 or 5PP needed here) and the casual quests pay out in marks (which still have a steep conversion to herocoins). As it stands the vet quests r usually much harder to do than to run the casual one multi times. I suspect many players can't be bothered doing a vet quest if they have enough chars to do the casual one mutli times. Perhaps by rewarding the vet questers with faster access to PP may give a better differentiation and incentive between the casual and the vet daily quest systems and solve some of the balance/limit problems. Just a thought.

Shrugs. Peace.

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:13 am

anthriel wrote:@Lat

Even if marks to pp conversion doesn't change, I still think the exp scroll is very steep and should be lowered.

As for how to limit PP farming, perhaps make the veteran quests pay out directly in hero coins (perhaps new denomination of herocoin for 1 or 5PP needed here) and the casual quests pay out in marks (which still have a steep conversion to herocoins). As it stands the vet quests r usually much harder to do than to run the casual one multi times. I suspect many players can't be bothered doing a vet quest if they have enough chars to do the casual one mutli times. Perhaps by rewarding the vet questers with faster access to PP may give a better differentiation and incentive between the casual and the vet daily quest systems and solve some of the balance/limit problems. Just a thought.

Shrugs. Peace.

I get that the scroll is steep the problem is we can’t really level lock it if we could level lock it to say level 20 then we could get the price down to say 50 marks. The problem is you can use this on a level 1 character and instantly gain like 20-22 levels. That’s why it’s a bit pricey but I think still a pretty good deal.

Vet quests are a bit harder but as I said above 5/7 just got raised to 3 marks. Vets should be more on pace with doing 3 casuals now. I think they are somewhat closer anyways.

Terron

Postby Terron » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:02 am

scroll is steep should be 50/ or the table i posted above. i see what u mean about using on a level 1, but does that really matter? by the time people are doing dailies 50x over they are smart enough to realize 1-18/1-20 takes like 2 hrs..

i really think the general idea should be pushing these free exp as much as the gloves/etc. the items matter on every crit so having more crits is win/win really. i could imagine people getting 3-4 scrolls and leveling to 25 in a day but how many hiurs did they do quests on 25ers? /shrug i think these scrolls should have appeal, vets will not likely use them often so its a decent throw at a few casual players. just too expensive atm

anthriel

Postby anthriel » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:08 am

Terron wrote:scroll is steep should be 50/ or the table i posted above. i see what u mean about using on a level 1, but does that really matter? by the time people are doing dailies 50x over they are smart enough to realize 1-18/1-20 takes like 2 hrs..

i really think the general idea should be pushing these free exp as much as the gloves/etc. the items matter on every crit so having more crits is win/win really. i could imagine people getting 3-4 scrolls and leveling to 25 in a day but how many hiurs did they do quests on 25ers? /shrug i think these scrolls should have appeal, vets will not likely use them often so its a decent throw at a few casual players. just too expensive atm

This I agree with. Sure it would be nice to level lock the exp scrolls somehow if possible but I think the benefit of generating some more active player hours in ppl by dangling a less onerous carrot would outweigh the fact that some ppl on some crits may choose to skip the first 21 levels (personally for me I'd use it to skip the majority of lvls 21-23 so I could get into dreadlands faster and actually exp with other ppl when they are partying up and not be left out wishing I had a lvl 23+ character.... In this way it actually helps solve player interaction issues that lvl-locking certain zones has created). Shrugs.

Return to “Archive Chat”