Lets get this straight

anthriel

Re: Lets get this straight

Postby anthriel » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:59 pm

Yes while I agree with Dan that more transparency is good, I don't necessarily think more logging of staff characters is needed because (as I mentioned before in previous post) I I think most of the perceived issues don't stem from what actually happens on the staff characters but the fact that factionalism exists and there are things that have happened in past to erode the trust that staff have with the rest of the playerbase due to what happens on their non-staff characters.

In this way I agree more with _X_ (and less win Eld) in saying that breaking up the factions (somehow) is a core issue in preventing this toxic atmosphere continuing to fester (probably going to solve the issues much more than more logging of staff characters, which won't pick up things like the discord bot incident etc). If were are say 5-6 equal-sized, viable factions who were relatively equally represented in staff and all in healthy competition i doubt there would be any such perception of corruption with the current level of staff-character logging that exists.

I do agree though that denying staff the ability to join any guild at all is not the answer. We do want staff to have fun just like anyone else. This is crucial to motivating and attracting good staffers. But having the current guild system as is (ie a staff faction that has historically dominated the game) is not good for motivating and attracting the rest of the playerbase. So even though it has been discussed before, I do think talking about how to reduce the factionalism somehow is still much needed. Peace all.

MooGod

Postby MooGod » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:54 pm

I pretty much quit playing because there are multiple members of the "other faction" who literally do nothing but tell people they should die in real life, are faggots, etc, every time anything happens in game. These are inevitably the same people who complain about everything endlessly. It's too bad, there are some really cool people in this game, and yes, that includes people in other guilds, but they're overwhelmed by 3 or 4 incredibly obnoxious people who have done literally nothing but tell everyone else that the game is rigged trash that no one should play. I'm sure that REALLY helps the game grow. And yet, they don't leave. They just want to bitch about something. If everyone in Silhouette left the game, they would find something else to complain about. It's just how some people are.

Do people have specific examples of this supposed corruption other than the bot that gave zero advantage, and existed long after this evil corrupt faction had already dominated the game? I mean, it's ridiculous. There is all this stupid innuendo and accusations, but there's never anything specific. "Oh, you know where things spawn! Because staff!" Everything but the stupid dwarf either spawns at the same spot every time or the game literally tells you where it spawned. If you need staff corruption to figure out where they are you're too stupid to be allowed to play the game anymore.

Are events rigged? I guess if by rigged you mean "Silhouette sometimes shows up to them and usually wins fights when they do." then sure. Here's how that corruption works; Someone who has played the game for a long time and wasted time learning your characters (not me, I didn't care enough to do this) calls targets, and we kill them. It's really complex stuff. I mean, you guys do the exact same thing when you win a fight, but when that happens nothing is wrong with the game of course, it's just great fair play. BECAUSE IT IS. THAT'S THE POINT. THE PEOPLE COMPLAINING WIN ALL THE TIME, AND THEY STILL COMPLAIN. THERE IS NOTHING THAT WILL MAKE THEM HAPPY.

These threads are pointless, because there is literally nothing that could be done. Every single staffer could be fired, and they would immediately complain about something else. Why do we go in circles over this for months?

Any new player is just going to see a dysfunctional game full of whiny assholes and never give it another chance. It's too bad, because the game itself is fun, and the old days when there were two guilds fighting it out the combat was a blast. Now it's just "omg one person died, fucking corrupt fags" every time. Who wants to play that? On either side? No one is having fun, and no one ever wins.

edit: for example, the last time I even participated in a pvp situation, I died twice, and this other guild got the drops from Thanatos. Seems like a good night for them right? And I still get this:

is paging you from Temple of Terra (Seamoor City): i really hate you fuckers so bad i wish i could kill you irl

I've left the name out because it doesn't matter. Look, I have no problem with people talking shit. People like AJ can do it in a way that makes me laugh and I don't hate them. And I'm sure I've overreacted to people at times. But there is stuff like that literally every time we do anything in game. And we're the problem? Grow up
Last edited by MooGod on Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rodeo

Postby Rodeo » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:58 pm

I love you moo. P.S. I am flattered that someone raged over me being staff. I had to walk away from my staff position due to contant pages of corruption. Was either walk away from staff or walk away for good.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:10 am

6 pages and still going strong. Grats to the IG trolls i guess.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Terron

Postby Terron » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:44 pm

nezkar varsee and the secret troll society
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Miach

Postby Miach » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:48 pm

Many times people also have the wrong facts/listen to only certain people and do not consider both sides of a situation and so mis-information becomes fact/rumor.

I actually think the staff here are very, very trustworthy and pretty helpful if you reach out to them.

I had no desire to read 6 pages of this thread, but there were circumstances in the past that seemed odd and pointing fingers was easier than realizing that it was just happenstance. The human mind is a strange arena of misconception.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:10 am

Miach wrote:Many times people also have the wrong facts/listen to only certain people and do not consider both sides of a situation and so mis-information becomes fact/rumor.

I actually think the staff here are very, very trustworthy and pretty helpful if you reach out to them.

I had no desire to read 6 pages of this thread, but there were circumstances in the past that seemed odd and pointing fingers was easier than realizing that it was just happenstance. The human mind is a strange arena of misconception.

No no no! You have this thread all wrong!
You are meant to be angry and finger pointy like the rest of us!
Damn you and your voice of reason, it has no place here!
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

JadeFalcon

Postby JadeFalcon » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:42 am

Reason is for ninnies!

Also, some of you are Russian Bots. And I have proof Putin has some... Kompromats on Nitehawk.

Just saying.
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

Mujahideen

Postby Mujahideen » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:40 am

I have not played the game much in a while but it looks like the problem is the player base and the fact that everyone is pretty much forced into a big clan just to survive. Too much us vs them mentally.

Allowing alts might alleviate the problem somewhat, but most of you guys are ass holes and no game mechanic can fix that.
Troll. I am here to create the issues that plague the game, I will push your buttons and like the outcome.

Terron

Postby Terron » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:49 am

Game Mechanics 101:

1) chain deaths(25ers), chain pks resulting in red/black name status which allows you to drop soulbound gear that becomes unsb

-using this to unsb items purposely results in items and both characters deleted. (Nitehawk don't play no games boys)

2) vulgarities in open chat becoming an automatic 1 hr jail time, vulgarities or malicious pages resulting in 3 hrs jail time. scripted so staff dont even need to see you.

-jailing is full logged in time. while in jail an npc script asks mundane arithmetic/typing questions every 5 minutes. in order to receive credit for your 5 minutes you answer the question correctly or type the phrase.
-getting jailed purposely to "hang out" results in character deletion. any chat between players in jails is logged/flagged and sent to admin.

3) oad areas are now locking you out for an hour after 3 deaths, such as control crystals do. a warning to those running multiple accounts, bypassing this gets the original account(s) deleted.

think that fixes most of the non character related problems.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Return to “Archive Chat”