Lets get this straight

Cleasbyd

Lets get this straight

Postby Cleasbyd » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:41 pm

I have been playing for about a month now and have got my first 25 and am in a clan. I used to play ROK a lot ages ago and I was annoyed when it tried to expand and then died a death and disappeared. I know you can jump on a XB1 and play ESO but this style of game always appealed to me. I work away a lot so I only have my laptop so I used to play rok to keep me from getting bored. Now EO turned up and I started playing it is similar in so many ways, good and bad. Now someone shed some light on the rumours on staff palying the game giving players an unfair advantage , this may be knowing spawns , knowing where ppl are or mods. This game has a small ex rok player base who are either casual players or nostalgia players. Why would any new players come on and grind a crit up , farm gold for weps/armour or maybe drop a perfect piece when some players on the game are staff crits? whats the point? it makes you not want to work for your crits. Once that seed of "whats the fucking point." is swon it cannot be reversed. I played ff7 and got to the point where I can drop in and kill seprioth. Now I didn't wanna do this as its game over so I kept grinding to get max stats on all crits. but I thought could I beat him now? I did and now I cant be fucked to play again. Its the same as this, now I don't know anything its just what I have heard ppl mumbling in taverns ect but if you wanna kill the game like rok then keep hovering around invisible waiting for lvl 17 to get exh and kill them or getting renames and modded crits. if I am way out of order here then I'm sorry but I think it needs discussing , if it is a touchy subject then I will await my punishment.

JadeFalcon

Re: Lets get this straight

Postby JadeFalcon » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:05 pm

1. I think there are staff members in several clans.
2. Nitehawk monitors staff accounts. If they abuse they powers, they are offed.
3. Technically, being a staffer playing a regular char gives you no advantage - certainly they cant in their norms "find where other people are" At most, certain developers will know how a new area is layed out, but they are banned from doing it in their norms for weeks after launch.

Not sure if you are the guy who paged me today, but "I" found you (and im not staff). Its a wonder what sneak and track can do. There is no magic trick here.

Edit: it IS a touchy subject, but i dont mind discussing. Just be mindful that dont levy "they be corrupt" charges at specific individuals without strong proof.
Also, FYI - if i remember, the single largest instance of a staffer screwing up other people, it wasnt with is staff account - a guy basically stole his whole clan, because he abused their trust. And this is the central part... some people are trustworthy, others not.
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

Cleasbyd

Postby Cleasbyd » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:14 pm

Understood I juts hope this game keep going that’s all.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:57 pm

Hello.

Everything about staffers are monitored if they are online. They lose the right to freedom while on their staff char, and I log everything with them, including their chat. (That's how it goes for a staffer.)

There's a couple in depth posts about it in the announcements posts if you look around there too about what we do anyways. 8)

This isn't like ROK when it comes to monitoring. I enforce it hard when it comes to it.

Terron

Postby Terron » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:04 am

spawns :D. referring to miner/delirium crystal i presume lol. do some work you'll memorize them all to. this is a dead horse its got like 60 spawns in 13 general locations, plus it moves so might only be 13 no idea.

from my perspective it looks like most staff quit because they get bs pages, taunts, and invalid corruption allegations all day. kind of backwards to want game progression meanwhile running the staff off.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Cleasbyd

Postby Cleasbyd » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:53 am

I apreciate what your saying , like I said I dont know anything juts what ppl are saying . I understood staff so police the game but maybe It’s just ppl getting annoyed with certain ppl

JadeFalcon

Postby JadeFalcon » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:18 am

Cleasbyd wrote:I apreciate what your saying , like I said I dont know anything juts what ppl are saying . I understood staff so police the game but maybe It’s just ppl getting annoyed with certain ppl

Its totally fair to be annoyed by people - I am to blame for my fair bit of annoying too, i am no saint.
What I dont think is fair is that some people go as default "we lost its because they are in staff, ergo corruption" because:
1. You ignore that there might be other reasons why you "lost" - maybe in how you play, or how the game is setup - for example, if OADs should spawn at set or random times (set times means greater the likelihood of a fight, random times means no one might be on to do them)
2. Crying "corruption" is bad its not stressful to actual honest staffers (those also exist :p) but because it implies that NH inst doing anything. That is a bit lame in my opinion.

PS: I might be sounding a bit err sanctimonious - this isn't directly at you specifically, but this is: thanks for at least engaging in debate and making questions by yourself.
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

Folder

Postby Folder » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:27 pm

This thread makes me sad, not anything you did Cleasbyd but the fact it happened at all.

I don't know what else to say on the topic, it's been beaten to death over and over. Let's be upfront - most, if not all, of the claims are aimed at my guild. I'll say what I have said over and over and over:

1) I would -never- tolerate any sort of insider info to be spread among myself or my guild members. If it were to happen you could be damn sure they would not be a part of my guild, and NH would know about it straight away.
2) It's literally never happened. There's a lot to be learned about spawn mechanics, timers, etc., simply by playing the game and paying attention. One does not need staff help to learn these things.
3) My guild is very coordinated, when we give a shit to be. We use Discord and talk outside the game, we let others know what's going on. That's just trying harder, it's not cheating and it certainly has nothing to do with any staffers.

4) This is the one you probably care about most. NH is not DM. He will not accept any behavior like that because, as you correctly stated, it ruins the gameplay experience. Something that I think people overlook is it would also ruin the gameplay experience of anyone actually doing it (aka Tranglam).

I'm sorry again that you were told things that made you feel bad about the game. I hope this helps some, and I know I'm just a guy typing shit on the internet but what else can I do here. I hope you stick it out man, the game itself is pretty damn fun and NH sure puts in the effort to keep it going.
<Silhouette>

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:29 am

I am actually sad there are no corrupt staffers. I have tried so many time to errr... be friendly to staffies by offering them my... errr... services... and i STILL do not have any questies. This game sucks. The staff all suck (or don't as the case may be).
I quit.
:popcorn:
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:04 am

@Cleasbyd Just play the game and have fun, don't listen to other people, make your own mind up.
But yeh, I still can't believe (well actually, sadly, I can still believe - some people just need excuses for failure and defeat) that these allegations are still happening.
NH has stated several times that he has checks in place to prevent this.
HOWEVER if you do actually believe it is happening, then try to gather proof and send to NH.
I have not encountered any corruption (off course I am in the clan that is getting accused of it so you will have to take my word on it eh), the only cheating encountered so far has came from people not in Silh...
So if you encounter anything that look suspicious, then I say again, pass on the info to NH.
Hope you enjoy your stay!
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Return to “Archive Chat”