In lieu of recent problems.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

In lieu of recent problems.

Postby NiteHawk » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:16 am

As of lately I've been trying to hold my breathe and hope people stop being terrible but it's gotten to a point now where I've lost 3 staff members in the last month because of people attacking them. Yesterday we had another one quit when three people attacked her over some small issues (due to miscommunication on how it should be run). Afterwards, some of the comments afterwards between you guys were simply disgusting and sad which pretty much confirmed how people were acting. I'm not going to go in depth on it as it wouldn't be fair to the staffer who left, but holy moly guys. The way people act makes me wonder if some of you are actually human sometimes. But, it's to the point where most staffers think it's not worth their time getting attacked, and they quit to spare themselves of not playing the game entirely.

If you guys want the game to die, attacking the staffers running it will do it. Having no staff will put the final nail in the coffin. Again, this is the third time in a month. It's not just one group of people, it's everyone.

I want to code for the game, I really do, but stuff like this makes it very hard to get motivated. So the point is, where do we go from here? I've tried sitting back and telling staffers to tough it out, but constantly having sour people when they do this for free breaks them, they leave. We aren't getting many people applying at this point. So soon, with some TOS changes upcoming, I'm going to start being more serious about people attacking staffers. If you're going to publicly attack a staffer or claim they are corrupt, (which to me is a serious thing which would involve immediate removal of them and/or banning) then you're going to have to back it up, otherwise you will be banned for it.

This doesn't mean I won't take corruption claims/etc seriously. If you have one, private chat it to me. I will check and monitor EVERY claim. Even if you do it once a day, I'll check it, long as it's a private matter and you aren't publicly attacking people (which is dumb anyways, because if they are really being corrupt, thats a good way to make it harder to catch someone, right?) To me at this point, most of the staffers are pretty truth-worthy, so the attacks are just people being mean and trolling them.

I didn't want to have to be this punishing, but I'd rather have a small base whom are happy and mostly toxic free rather then what is going on.

Why is this topic locked? Because I don't need people agreeing or defending which will probably start some drama. It is what it is now, it's going to be this way soon as we sort it out in the TOS. Expect it.

P.S. This obviously doesn't give staffers right to be terrible either or immunity so they can be mean without consequences. If a staffer cannot be somewhat professional then they shouldn't obviously be staffers to begin with. Obviously if a staffer is going to be rude/etc than I'm going to deal with them too. Everyone needs to play nice.

Return to “Archive Chat”