What Kind of event would you guys like to see?

JadeFalcon

Re: What Kind of event would you guys like to see?

Postby JadeFalcon » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:58 am

Inverno wrote:We need a event to unite community against a greater evil....

A PVE event related with Lore where players from differente guilds and groups must work together to protect Ciruin. Something where everyone lose or win together.

Quoting because, this.
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

Terron

Postby Terron » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:58 am

yes its a dumb rule. i stopped using my necro because i hated swapping weapons every event. but at the same time i can see why
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Folder

Postby Folder » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:11 pm

Anything involving more than RNG duels. Team fights are my favorite, and I quite like the idea of a pve event as well.

also #letususeouritems. RNG is such a bigger factor than any gear it makes no sense to me to ban some items.
<Silhouette>

Terron

Postby Terron » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:22 pm

could do a randomized race. where theres 20 squares with random monsters on them. could be any monsters ingame orange or less and up to 3 monsters each square.(the squares would be randomized once, and everyone would have to fight the same mobs)

the objective is to get to the end the fastest. no mana/pots. only food/water items. would have to block meditate aswell since you can glitch it and get food/meditate to work at the same time :O

anthriel

Postby anthriel » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:02 pm

I'm probably the last person to talk about events because I'm never on for them and they don't impact my game experience at all....but here is my theoretical ideas based on what may be good for game dynamics:

1. I quite like Inverno's idea of a cooperative pve event where everyone either succeeds or fails (which could work well with worldchat coming in)... Such a thing could only be good in uniting the playerbase and fostering a less toxic game

2. I'm 50/50 re Folder's repeated suggestions to make item disparity greater and then let questie-equivalent items be used in events. I think this is good to do to some degree to motivate items making a difference but I also think that once there is too much difference then event results become almost a foregone conclusion (similar to trying for dreads keys when outnumbered) which leads to participation/interest dropping. No1 likes the feeling of being repeatedly dominated (the fact that Folder seems to have lost interest since he can't use his items to more consistently dominate is probable proof of this). But yeah, shrugs I dunno how to balance this well... Maybe something like now where some events allow and some disallow.

3. As for me I'd like to see some sort of 3-4am event for night crew and international players. Sure there's prolly no staffer willing to run it, but maybe if there's some kinda auto way of running something simple that would be great. Even an OAD spawn at that hour which drops a herocoin could help balance things out abit for ppl in non-peak timezones. Otherwise i have hardly a care what happens in events in general (except to note the growing trend that the peak playerbase keeps accumulating 'easy' PP and offpeak playerbase generally gets none). Shrugs.

Folder

Postby Folder » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:34 am

No no that's not why I want items usable, it's because they make hardly any difference. It's not because oh man I have good item I can 1 round everything. It's because the very best top notch items ingame are like maybe 5% more damage....aka 1 ember. Are we banning 400pp items that have a 5% ember on them? 400pp humming items are just as good, or better, than "quest" items but are we banning them? Nope.

400pp humming axe = 28AD. Skullsplitter axe = 28AD with 2.5% bonus flurry damage. That's literally the only difference, 2.5% extra damage when you happen to land a flurry. But we ban that weapon because it's extremely op? Quick we better ban those 5hp rings too.

I didn't stop events because I only care to do them if I can dominate, that would be no fun. I just like playing my zerker, but I can't because it has a weapon that's about the same as a 400pp humming item...which you could buy with pp from events. It makes no sense.
<Silhouette>

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:32 pm

Folder wrote:No no that's not why I want items usable, it's because they make hardly any difference. It's not because oh man I have good item I can 1 round everything. It's because the very best top notch items ingame are like maybe 5% more damage....aka 1 ember. Are we banning 400pp items that have a 5% ember on them? 400pp humming items are just as good, or better, than "quest" items but are we banning them? Nope.

400pp humming axe = 28AD. Skullsplitter axe = 28AD with 2.5% bonus flurry damage. That's literally the only difference, 2.5% extra damage when you happen to land a flurry. But we ban that weapon because it's extremely op? Quick we better ban those 5hp rings too.

I didn't stop events because I only care to do them if I can dominate, that would be no fun. I just like playing my zerker, but I can't because it has a weapon that's about the same as a 400pp humming item...which you could buy with pp from events. It makes no sense.

Makes sense. tbh 400pp items are not that much worse than crim. yes there is the burn chance but a humming 400pp item > class event or crim item damage wise in most cases.

Also want to point out I ran quite a few events before these class event items got banned and folder didn't win any of them maybe got a streak once lol. He entered quite a few of them as well so I agree here i dont see the point in banning them they don't make too much of a difference (or maybe his crits suck). I DO AGREE they should be banned from jr since most of these items are level 22+ its like giving a level 22 an item 4-5 steps higher. at level 25 is .5 steps higher than reg 400pp and .5 lower than humming perfect.

Also like folder said 70% of our events are 1v1 not being able to use the items that you progressed and worked your ass off to get is kind of a deterrent to eventing.

Ohko

Postby Ohko » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:51 am

Kinda related with the introduction of crystal smash that Lat noted in the other thread. He mentioned Riggs scripted the hell out of it. Does this include preventing crystals being dropped from inventory with those -1 pt crsytals?
Tivrusky

"The computer’s kaput and we’re drifting through space towards certain oblivion."

Terron

Postby Terron » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:17 am

those are cursed now and u cant drop

Adramelk

Postby Adramelk » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:08 pm

More lowbie stuff. Teams/Draft/Random/2v2 tgc etc etc

Return to “Archive Chat”