Some Character builds for new players: Post Them here!

daedroth

Some Character builds for new players: Post Them here!

Postby daedroth » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:46 am

Let us be a nice friendly community!
Post your "cookie cut" builds here to help out new players, and feel the warm glow of love and community spirit!
I will add them on here to keep them all in one clump (and maybe this thread can be stickied).
I will also add them to the wiki.
Added some general advice here (feedback appreciated, why no one ever give? :( ): https://ember-online.com/wiki/index.php ... ild_Advice

Eh, ill just post it here too:

General Character Build Advice:

ALL classes: Max out Agility (for extra dodge and attack chance), Endurance (for extra hit points) and possibly Wisdom (for magic resistance and mana points). Charisma can be beneficial also (for extra hit points and mana points).

Assassins: Max out Strength. Some people +1 STR or AGI (usually STR for the extra damage due to Assy's backstab ability). Could benefit from INT to make them harder to find when hidden (it seems that INT is a dump stat and is neglected in most assassin builds - INT or not, the choice is yours).

Barbarians/Knights and Monks: Max out Strength, neglect Intelligence. Some people +1 STR or AGI and occasionally END. Please note that Knights benefit from a good CHR (for their taunt ability). Barbs will benefit most from +1 STR due to their Rage ability damage multiplier.

Bards: Max out Charisma and Strength the rest into Wisdom, neglect Intelligence.

Cleric/Necromancer/Sorcerer: Max out Intelligence and Wisdom (neglect Strength). Some people +1 INT for Sorcy/Necro, +1 END for Cleric? Spare points to CHR.

Druids: Max out Strength, +1 WIS. Then it is a choice between INT (mainly for the Faery Fire spell - assassins/thieves can't hide when under this effect and all classes have a reduced AC) and/or CHR (for HP/MP, it also affects their bear forms Roar ability).

Paladins: Similar to fighters, Max out Strength and high Intelligence/Wisdom.

Rangers: Max out Strength and high Charisma (for pet power).

Thieves (non combat): Max Intelligence (for hiding and eventually trap disarming), high Wisdom. You could +1 AGI or put spare stat points into maxing out WIS or put into CHR. A Combat thief would have similar stats to an assassin.

PS. Remember that you have a free respec option for each character. Once you have more knowledge of the game you can easily re-mould your character without needing to actually make a new one.

COOKIE BUILDS:

Goblin Monk/Ninja 19-23-20-10-16-11
Last edited by daedroth on Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:11 am, edited 15 times in total.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

JadeFalcon

Re: Some Character builds for new players: Post Them here!

Postby JadeFalcon » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:48 am

Its awesome :) Thanks for this!
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:01 am

No one has any cookie cut builds to help new players out?
Not looking for "TOP SEKRET L33T" builds. Just dependable cookie cutter builds to help get new people started.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

CGI

Postby CGI » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:32 am

I don’t remember the exact stat allocations off the top of my head but some basic builds:

+1 int gnome sorc and dms
+1 str or agi saurian and HO assies. DE or gobby for MR
+1 agi saurian drake or gobby monks
+1 wis elemental druids
+1 agi or end human cleric

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:29 am

CGI wrote:I don’t remember the exact stat allocations off the top of my head but some basic builds:

+1 int gnome sorc and dms
+1 str or agi saurian and HO assies. DE or gobby for MR
+1 agi saurian drake or gobby monks
+1 wis elemental druids
+1 agi or end human cleric

Cheers. Send stats peeps and I will make a list.
I love sheep.

Boon

Postby Boon » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:25 pm

I am still new been playing 21 days today but I found for a Goblin Monk/Ninja 19-23-20-10-16-11 works wonderfully.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:16 am

Boon wrote:I am still new been playing 21 days today but I found for a Goblin Monk/Ninja 19-23-20-10-16-11 works wonderfully.

Aye it's a decent build (added to wiki). Any more?
The veterans are so lazy (or secretive)! :popcorn:
I love sheep.

Return to “Archive Chat”