Update Content Preview

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Re: Update Content Preview

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:16 pm

The system is coming in but there is nothing to do with skills just yet, it's something that will be added within the following month after the update. But will be soon after yeah.

Snyper

Postby Snyper » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:34 pm

Exerpts from Officer logs of the Militants stationed in Fort Huldar

Feb02
0200 hrs: Incident reported of one of the new bootlicks we recruited and another much larger soldier fighting once again. Both were treated for their wounds and put in the brig until further notice.
0330 hrs: It appears during the scuffle someone broke into the General's Quarters and stole a ceremonial breast plate and his prized Mourning Star. Both of extreme value and personal value to the General. All soldiers on search until both are found.
0515 hrs: One of the officers on search found a journal in one of the new recruits barracks with writings depicting dodgy behavior and possible plans of becoming a spy amongst our ranks for the Blackspawn army. However no name is found in the book and could belong to anyone.
1025 hrs: An officer has come forward and reported sketchy behavior from one of our soldiers. Said he followed the individual past Wiken and just inside of a patch of forest before he lost his tracks. Doesn't recall seeing his face. Clad in his armor he could have been anyone. I will need to send scouts ahead to try and catch him in the act. Rumors of a dilapidated Blackspawn outpost that used to exist in a patch of woods near Wiken stirs my curiosity and my suspicions.

Feb07
0955 hrs: Both scouts sent out to watch the forest path have been found tortured and killed. We can't stand to lose more men this way. Our numbers already dwindle and this makes matters much worse. Meeting scheduled for ranking officials later this eve for how to move forward.
1735 hrs: It has been decided to hire adventurers and mercenaries and put a bounty on the collection of the errant soldier or ideas as to who he, or she, could be. Dead or alive, considering this person to be a traitor, and any acquired knowledge on the whereabouts of the old Blackspawn outpost.

Uganth wipes his blade clean of the soldier's blood and grins as he rips the pages from the log, taking them with him as he disappears into the night...
"Eagle will love to see this..."

Snyper

Postby Snyper » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:44 pm

Also in the works is a new event arena that I'm extremely excited about. The scripts are near perfected and it's looking pretty damn cool. Thanks mostly in part to Tivrusky for his hard efforts and constant scripting and ideas to help this become a thing. I don't want to give away too much but, once i know everything is in working order, I will be making a post to announce the new arena and event.

Also super excited to announce that the new Fight Club reward system should be included as well. Tokens will be awarded that will be able to be redeemed in a shop in Alderra with Kristof Blackhammer to attain either PP or save them up for one of the new Event helmets available. They're equal to Purple tier OaD helms, same as the KotH body armors. Hope you all enjoy.

Many other things are being worked on by our staff and I know I'm excited from what I've seen. I think you will be too. :D

<3
Your friendly neighborhood Gator-man

Rafael

Postby Rafael » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:43 am

Great stuff !

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:46 am

As you guys know gloves and boots are coming in this update. Gloves and boots will be equipable by ALL classes. They will be available from a number of different sources when the update hits. These include:

Champs marks rewards
Boss drops
Mini boss drops
Reg npc drops
Crafting

It will be up to you guys to discover which npcs and bosses have had the drops added to them so it should increase farming and activity.

Keep in mind gloves and boots won’t be adding to the ac you already have. When the update hits ac will be recalculated and you will have a less than before.

Until players collect boots and gloves they will be a low on ac for a while so there is incentive to gather them up quickly to get that advantage.

Rafael

Postby Rafael » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:19 am

Is ac scale changing? With gloves/bootd n a blue gear are we getting better ac ? What about with purple/orange, is going to be a difference? Any improvements?

What you all can say about ac scale?

Hugs

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:54 pm

Rafael wrote:Is ac scale changing? With gloves/bootd n a blue gear are we getting better ac ? What about with purple/orange, is going to be a difference? Any improvements?

What you all can say about ac scale?

Hugs

Well I cant say a ton because its not set in stone and only hawk knows what we are going to land on really but that said...

Ac will be doubling (the total count not effectiveness). This will leave us more room for progression.

There will be a wider gap between green and purple (ie a humming green shouldnt be better than a reg purple like it is now).

Enchantments on armors will stay the say while armor is getting doubled meaning enchantments will mean less (which is good for new players who dont have enchantments etc). this will also leave us some room for cooler enchantments when enchanting profession comes into play.

Since enchantment values are going down technically thats where boots and gloves will fit in type deal. You are going to lose about 5-10ac on enchantments while gloves and boots will add about 6-14ac

Again values are not set (atleast as far as staff knows hawk might). but overall armor is doubling there will be a bigger gap between level 20 and level 25 equip as well as the gap between white/green and purple.

Hopefully that gives you some insight.

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:48 pm

As I stated above in a previous post we are adding in some boots and gloves they will start at level 20 but most boots/gloves will be level 25.

Along with the new mini bosses dropping boots and gloves you will also see some older monsters with updated loot tables to drop boots and gloves.

Some key areas that have been updated to include them are:
Karn Mines
Drev Mines
Watchtower
Wastelands
Surrounding Ark
Path to Alderra
Dreadlands
Wastelands

Also there will be some basic boots/gloves available to purchase in the Alderra City general store for a price if you cant wait to get your hands on them.

These are all added in game tested and added to npcs loots tables and shops so when update hits they will be live it will be up to you guys to find them :)

Here is a little teaser for some new gloves that will be dropped. I bet you cant guess what npcs drop them...

Bandits Mitts (white gloves) level 20
Thin leather gloves that allow those with roguish intent to feel what they're stealing when picking the pockets of their marks.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:12 am

Ooooo! New and shiney!
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

CGI

Postby CGI » Tue May 08, 2018 8:38 pm

Any updates to the update?

Return to “Archive Chat”