A question about premium.

Rafael

Re: A question about premium.

Postby Rafael » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:12 am

NiteHawk wrote:I do play EVE Online pretty hard but our premium system is more for non game breaking things. Nothing that gives a bonus or edge in combat, etc etc. Mostly cosmetic and fun stuff. I.E. Masks that change your image to a monsters, a house with some vault space, things like that. Our game won't be limiting players in terms of premium, I.E. It would make 0 sense to premium lock skills, really dumb and silly thing to do. Plex vs our premium are pretty incomparable though. You're thinking more like it's a tradable asset for gold, which it isn't.

Now if there is going to be a charge to play, for say server/isp mantainence, bandwidth, etc - I completely understand that scenario, and charge a few bucks multiplied by how many average email accounts connected to whichever Login Name, the screen that right before that lets you pick your character, and average it out, find the mean, then discuss with the community and keep us in the light and in the know.

Yeah the actual prices are still in the air, but there was 'three levels' of premium. But they'll all pretty much be cheaper than most games in terms of cost. I know we're not an amazing 3D game, but ultimately I'd like to pay for the server with the money, and also I'd like some money for myself too. Could call me a prat for saying that, but EO has been my baby for 2 years now, I've worked on it countless hours: If it generates some money then I'd be happy, but if it doesn't then it is what it is. I don't think people realize how much time I've spent on it, but for sure I can say days and days of coding.

But yeah, short sum is, there is no 'pay2win' mechanic coming. It never will be a thing.

Would you consider make an annual payment for premium account? Everytime I buy something from outside I have to pay taxes and stuff, if there's an annual payment for me would be easier, maybe for other ppl that don't live in USA too. It's also easier to manage, is the payment is by credit card I need to go to the netbank and set it allowing internacional payment, if it's with a PayPal it's probably easier.
Hugs

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:39 am

Yeah we can see about that if people feel it's easier, I don't have an issue with that. The game is support so that when I give someone 'premium time', it's pretty much X days rather then 'set once for 30 days'. I don't see it as a problem anyways.

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:31 am

Now I’m not sure how the tax rules work where you are at or how the rules would interact with patreon Raf but I believe it’s setup as a “donation” site rather then buying game time so I doubt you would pay taxes on it but idk. I use patreon for a few companies I donate to and I actually am able to write it off on my taxes. Not sure the route hawk is going to go but it’s prob best for him tax wise to take these as donations as well rather than payments for a service.

Side note: Also having it as a monthly donation also works as a marketing tool more subscribers we get more exposure on their main site and so on.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:38 pm

Yeah I didn't really think about that right now. I have to figure that out first too but I'll see what options we have.

Hanibal

Postby Hanibal » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:32 pm

I was playing a game recently with a donation system, you got no real added advantage the more you spent, was mostly all cosmetic stuffs you got. Basically skins for your char so you looked different, you got 1 donation point for every dollar you donated and most of the skins were 5 points each.

For 10 points you could get a trade able item that upon use gave you 30 days premium membership which would allow you to auto loot gold and items that dropped. Most people bought them and sold for gold or traded for better quality gear.

Seemed like a good way to generate revenue for their server.

EDIT: I forgot to mention all items you could buy with donation points were sellable and tradeable, gold was really easy to make there(you could farm 5-10 mil gold in an hour.) So these items sold for a lot of gold. Also donation boxes had a chance to drop from npcs, very low percentage. A donation box1 gave you one point, box2 was 2 points and so on upto box3 which was 3 points of course.
------------------------------------------------------------
Krange - Ninja
Hanibal - Slayer
Hannibal - Zerker
Krang - Ninja
Zann - Guard
WarLock - Deathmage
Dexk - Cav

Terron

Postby Terron » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:59 am

whole problem with premium is gold has a pretty "high" value in this game. buying characters, training jobs, prestige, high end items, aswell as any future Mystery auction. giving premium a chance to directly generate gold is pay to win any way you look at it. its already a gold generating cash crop with what was posted anyway.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Return to “Archive Chat”