A question about premium.

Boon

A question about premium.

Postby Boon » Thu May 17, 2018 4:30 pm

With premium coming out I am wondering if it would be against to tos to gift someone a premium membership for in game items or leveling?

JadeFalcon

Re: A question about premium.

Postby JadeFalcon » Fri May 18, 2018 4:30 am

Good question.
I mean, from the ToS monetary transactions of ingame goods are a no no.
But what about if I pay someone to level my stuff?? Its sort of the same thing.
So I'd say your proposal would be against the TOS

However - Why is it even a concern from staff what people do with their money?
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Fri May 18, 2018 7:47 am

Personally I think it's your money so why not? Not sure what staff will think though :D
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Terron

Postby Terron » Fri May 18, 2018 8:43 pm

It's your money, use it when YOU need it!

call J G Wentworth 877 cash now
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Kruell

Postby Kruell » Sat May 19, 2018 3:50 pm

For what it's worth:

In RoK, CM purchases went to a specific character and it didn't matter WHO paid. Since we are talking about the intersection of RL and game, trying to seperate where the money comes from may be beyond the ability of staff without some serious expansions of capabilities. We still don't know everything there is to know about premium accounts but I can't think of a reason it would be disallowed to pay for someone elses membership. The issue of multiple memberships will have to be something to consider, but I see a problem only if the benefits affect game ballance.
If you look like prey you will be eaten

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Sun May 20, 2018 5:41 pm

As far as I know no one knows besides hawk what the pricing will be or rules will be and honestly im guessing since hes been so focused on actually implementing the code he has not set anything in stone otherwise he would have posted it by now?

As for other things like buying others memberships for benefits inside the game. I personally don't like it because I believe its borderline p2w. I mean if you pay for someone super ultra premium membership for 2 years and they give you 3 questies/gold items thats literally paying to win. Is it fair if they become the "best" player in the game because they do this for 4 diff players and hold most the wealth in the game?

With that said there is really no way to police it imo so its kind of dumb to say nope not allowed. Its kind of like saying your going to get banned because you bought beers for your friend last weekend so he will level for you.

I hope it doesn't happen much because I like the thought of pair play the best player being the best and not the person with the deepest pockets but yea thats my 2 cents.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu May 24, 2018 2:09 pm

You can give someone the gift of premium, I don't really see the issue on that. Premium doesn't really give you a advantage with combat so it's not really a big deal. Honestly, the system itself isn't p2w. Bar the XP bonus which is a PVE thing really, there's 0 p2w so to me, not a big deal. The 'bribe' to give someone premium in exchange for goods won't be allowed (basically a form of IRL dealing, but trying to do it via sneaky sneaky).

Trucido

Postby Trucido » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:10 pm

If EO did something like a premium acct, it better not be anything that would break the game, nor would I pay for more than 2-5 a mo, when I can go get Eve Online for a year for less than 11 bux a month

Not to mention if you have a lot of money you can buy in Eve, you used to be able to break the system by buying plex packages and getting such an advantage over everyone else in such minimal newb time - you'd be flying a Dreadnaught or Carrier in no time. Not to mention you can sell said plex for either real money or in game money (isk), and the transfer rate, up until last November was semi-balanced, but something was updated with the whole system now singular plex can go for 10s of millions of isk, when it takes 500 plex to buy a 1 month game card.

And really, in a balanced MMO, even a MUD, there shouldn't be ways to do this, control the markets supply and demand -

Here are some SS of the game and said stuff works as a quick overlook

Not to mention, yes it is a *Free to play game (I.E. you can only get go so far into systems, when the game is gigantically huge/use, certain ships/train skills only so high, use only (not a large variety) of different weapons and types (blasters/railguns/missiles/drones, etc), unless you purchase an Omega Account, then have all these barriers removed -

Granted, if you run with a good group, you might get some great help in the help or guild/corporation channels (if/when) you join in, and people willing to tow you along, or run out of the way to help you in one or another (while using Alpha accounts, but to be totally honest I killed 13 Alpha clones and their ships before half my shield was out, and I don't usually buy plex (I may sometimes buy the first or second package if I'm running really low on isk, so I just throw them in the Auction House and make a quick buck to maybe upgrade from tech 1 to tech 2 - or if you really really want ship X, so the means justifies the ends.) And having 2 or 3 billion in your acct doesn't even dent how much some of these people have on their account(s) or on guild bank account(s). We're talking they have trillions, almost going into the quadrillions of isk that is spread throughout the games/players in the game.

Anyway, I'm rambling on.

The point I was trying to get to was I've seen premium accounts, just premium accounts, ruin games for good.

Now if there is going to be a charge to play, for say server/isp mantainence, bandwidth, etc - I completely understand that scenario, and charge a few bucks multiplied by how many average email accounts connected to whichever Login Name, the screen that right before that lets you pick your character, and average it out, find the mean, then discuss with the community and keep us in the light and in the know.

Wow, that was a lot of typing.
Attachments
Screenshot (147).png
Goes up to 500 dollars each to get a crazy amount of plex
Screenshot (147).png (1.47 MiB) Viewed 5687 times
Screenshot (146).png
Advantages over other players
Screenshot (146).png (1.18 MiB) Viewed 5687 times
Screenshot (145).png
These are the starting packages
Screenshot (145).png (1.45 MiB) Viewed 5687 times

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:57 am

Think we are going a diff revenue model than that. I don't know eve very well but from the looks of the model it doesn't look like thats what we are going for.

First off game will STAY free to play always. All of it will be free we wont be locking classes or areas to only members.
Second off it will as far as i know be a membership type thing monthly payment for perks (not advantages)

While we cant make it 100% no advantage you will not be buying gold exp or items that make your player better.

We are looking at something like bronze silver and gold membership (not sure on the prices or names of memberships but you get the idea)

I am guessing bronze will be like a donation level. very low more of a supporting the game get a minor reward maybe a very small house and a spin at the wheel once a week (which gets you a chance at a pet mask or other prize again not advantage giving)

Silver will be the standard membership aimed towards most players a moderate amount each month for the standard house 2 spins etc.

Gold will be more for someone who really wants to support the game and show their support a much larger house more spins maybe ingame rec? idk

Honestly hawk has kept most of this underwraps so i dont even know the exact details but that should be a good base. I also know things like discord and forum rankings are possible to show your support level. also can do dumb stuff like early update notes or if things get big ability to beta test new updates that are coming in. things like name changes and stuff will be available too just not sure on the level and all.

Anyways you get the drift nothing like pay to win and as far as i know no extra currency that you see a lot of other games doing but instead more of a membership.

Just a little note i believe hawk plays eve so would prob have a better compare than me on that mater

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:09 am

I do play EVE Online pretty hard but our premium system is more for non game breaking things. Nothing that gives a bonus or edge in combat, etc etc. Mostly cosmetic and fun stuff. I.E. Masks that change your image to a monsters, a house with some vault space, things like that. Our game won't be limiting players in terms of premium, I.E. It would make 0 sense to premium lock skills, really dumb and silly thing to do. Plex vs our premium are pretty incomparable though. You're thinking more like it's a tradable asset for gold, which it isn't.

Now if there is going to be a charge to play, for say server/isp mantainence, bandwidth, etc - I completely understand that scenario, and charge a few bucks multiplied by how many average email accounts connected to whichever Login Name, the screen that right before that lets you pick your character, and average it out, find the mean, then discuss with the community and keep us in the light and in the know.

Yeah the actual prices are still in the air, but there was 'three levels' of premium. But they'll all pretty much be cheaper than most games in terms of cost. I know we're not an amazing 3D game, but ultimately I'd like to pay for the server with the money, and also I'd like some money for myself too. Could call me a prat for saying that, but EO has been my baby for 2 years now, I've worked on it countless hours: If it generates some money then I'd be happy, but if it doesn't then it is what it is. I don't think people realize how much time I've spent on it, but for sure I can say days and days of coding.

But yeah, short sum is, there is no 'pay2win' mechanic coming. It never will be a thing.

Return to “Archive Chat”