About the devourer event

Ivor

About the devourer event

Postby Ivor » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:06 am

Potions must be reapplied when they run out, so make sure you stock up! Without potions, you cannot damage him! All the pages gathered are together. AKA if you give 500 pages and someone else gives 200 pages, thats 700 pages total which would put it to potion level 2.

Chris, can you explain that part a bit more? What we do with the pages? hand them to the npc or keep them in the vault? Or put them in our inventory when its time to fight the boss? How do the pages run out??
Mac : they crash different

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Re: About the devourer event

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:35 am

Ivor wrote:Chris, can you explain that part a bit more? What we do with the pages? hand them to the npc or keep them in the vault? Or put them in our inventory when its time to fight the boss? How do the pages run out??

This is a community event, everyone needs to give their pages to the Alvina in the World Event Center before the 13th. Giving them to her will count towards your page counts for participation and keeping them wouldn't net you any participation points. Think of it as you are giving her the pages so she can make potions for you guys on the day you guys fight the devourer. On top of that, more pages EVERYONE gives her, the better potions you guys will get, and better global rewards in the end.

The potions are bought once the devourer is ready to be killed. Based on the potion level that the community has worked towards, those potions will be available for purchase. You'll want more then one as they run out after a few minutes and the devourer fight might take a little bit of time. They will be purchased at the World Event Center.

Ivor

Postby Ivor » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:41 am

sweet! :D
Mac : they crash different

Boon

Postby Boon » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:20 pm

So turning in our pages as we get them will not have a negative effect on the outcome of the event, correct?

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:53 am

Boon wrote:So turning in our pages as we get them will not have a negative effect on the outcome of the event, correct?

Sounds like it. Basically you can turn them in whenever (no ill effects), as long as it is before the cut off date.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:55 am

Boon wrote:So turning in our pages as we get them will not have a negative effect on the outcome of the event, correct?

No ill effects no. It's tallied up. You don't need to overload your vault and they won't be of value after the event. It's probably worse to let them sit as if you never hand in one potion page and forget about it, you won't get your reward at all. I won't be taking things like 'BUT I HAD PAGES IN MY VAULT'.

:)

anthriel

Postby anthriel » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:22 pm

What’s the deal with that book item you get when you turn in pages? I turned in pages on multiple chars and now have multiple books that are taking up my vault space. Can I trash/merge/sell some of them? Or should we be keeping one/multiple of these books?

Ohko

Postby Ohko » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:23 pm

The book was to allow the players to track how many pages have already been given when you look over the book. At the time, there's no other way to allow the players to see the stats. Maybe in the future there would be a simplier leader/stats board for future events.
Tivrusky

"The computer’s kaput and we’re drifting through space towards certain oblivion."

anthriel

Postby anthriel » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:38 pm

Ah so no need for multiple books to be kept then?

Terron

Postby Terron » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:04 am

hopefully in the future the UI just has an event item slot and the pages "items" get put there on killshot.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Return to “Archive Chat”