About the devourer event

Terron

Re: About the devourer event

Postby Terron » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:23 am

NiteHawk wrote:
Boon wrote:So turning in our pages as we get them will not have a negative effect on the outcome of the event, correct?

It's tallied up.

:)

does that mean 1st 2nd 3rd are announced prior to boss killing? i think it would be horrible to have won page event and try your hardest to win something else you're unknowingly exempt from. id rather use a minstrel/chanter to support buff others if im exempt is what im gettin at.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:29 am

Terron wrote:
NiteHawk wrote:
Boon wrote:So turning in our pages as we get them will not have a negative effect on the outcome of the event, correct?

It's tallied up.

:)

does that mean 1st 2nd 3rd are announced prior to boss killing? i think it would be horrible to have won page event and try your hardest to win something else you're unknowingly exempt from. id rather use a minstrel/chanter to support buff others if im exempt is what im gettin at.

Like I said, this is a trail run. All the pages are manual right now and it's going to take a bit to process everything. There is no easy system to handle it right now. If you do somehow win both, I'd let you pick the item you want and whatever item you don't want will go to someone else though. I'd be fine with that at least.

Rafael

Postby Rafael » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:02 am

The Idea of the evento was cool, awarded ppl that worked, gave the comunity a global bônus and awarded best pve ppl. That was really cool i hope we have more like that.

Metzger

Postby Metzger » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:16 am

I thought it was pretty good.

I would like to have seen more lore involved. For me, most of what I saw/heard went like this: OK, there's some crazy monster running around, avoid it for now. Turn in these random pages that are dropping all over the place so we can hurt it in like 10 days (maybe get some fat loot while doing it, probably not though). Do fat damage or fat heals when we fight it and maybe get fat loot that way too.

Some staff Broadcasts, or maybe a slightly altered area as a result of the monster breaking things could have fixed that. It would have been cool if maybe it was blocking a path to a new area, or even an existing area, and we had to kill it to (re)open that area. I don't know, something like that. We killed it, and that was the end of it. NiteHawk said something along the lines of "The realm is once again safe" after we killed it, but I never felt unsafe. :?

As for the boss fight, I liked most of what I saw, nothing seemed new though. Paralyze, some dots( I think ), fat damage, mass confusion. Good times, but I wanna see more! :) He died too fast I think as well.

Overall, not bad, not bad at all. Thank you to the staffers and to NiteHawk for putting the time in. I hope we see more stuff like this in the future.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:29 am

Metzger wrote:I thought it was pretty good.

blah blah blah

Some good ideas there Metzger.
So yeh agreed:
It would be nice to have those events linked to lore.
Maybe some more hazards via unique or not creatures spawned around the area to make it a bit more dangerous. MAYBE traps, if that fits the threat.
Area blocking possible aye. Could even have it set up camp in a city its monsters (pets/henchmen) spawned all over the city (COULD add city guards/militia/soldiers fighting them - might be getting too complex now though, would look nice though).
City shops (etc) inaccessible until threat dealt with.
Some speech at the end from the King/City owner saying many thanks etc.
MAYBE a gold reward based on participation as well (bounty from kills/heals of NPC's/players etc).

Oh wait, there was a wee bit of a mention on it:
New oad area by - Wripper

A ship on the way to Seamoor carrying food and supplies came across a woman floating on planks of wood from a boat that had apparently been torn apart by some type of creature. They pulled her up on deck and treated her wounds, while doing so she was ranting and raving about some “devourer”? And how she needed to figure out a way to slay the beast? But nobody paid much attention.

Wonder how it fits with the lore though.

Eh, i'm off, tatta!
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Folder

Postby Folder » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:25 pm

Love the lore ideas, yes please. Increasing world immersion is always a good idea.
<Silhouette>

Metzger

Postby Metzger » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:06 pm

daedroth wrote:Oh wait, there was a wee bit of a mention on it:

A ship on the way to Seamoor carrying food and supplies came across a woman floating on planks of wood from a boat that had apparently been torn apart by some type of creature. They pulled her up on deck and treated her wounds, while doing so she was ranting and raving about some “devourer”? And how she needed to figure out a way to slay the beast? But nobody paid much attention.

A mention of it in a post from a while back doesn't justify it in my opinion. I remember reading that when it was posted, but completely forgot about it until now. It might work if there was a story that was continuously added to during the period of time that the devourer was runnin' around.

In addition, not everyone reads the forums, so if it's only here, and not so much in game, then there's potential for people to miss out, right?

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:07 am

Metzger wrote:
daedroth wrote:Oh wait, there was a wee bit of a mention on it:

A mention of it in a post from a while back doesn't justify it in my opinion. I remember reading that when it was posted, but completely forgot about it until now. It might work if there was a story that was continuously added to during the period of time that the devourer was runnin' around.

In addition, not everyone reads the forums, so if it's only here, and not so much in game, then there's potential for people to miss out, right?

Yeh, that's why I said wee bit :)

Town criers!
We need town criers in each city! They will shout out rumours and major events information (even if it is just to tell you to go to blah blah to get info).
Bulletin boards (random quests! or just letting us know which dailies, and town quests are available there)!

Now.... why not a post event thingymabob?
As in, what was the devourer? Where was it from? etc etc. Opportunity to go searching for information (expeditions?), this could spiral into information about future events (new creatures/locations mentioned etc).
Also the threat/event has caused damage to the city/economy, we need supplies (medicines, building materials, weapons, armour, even people (for guards, doctors) etc) style quests. There are still bands of [insert creature name here] roaming the land, hunt them down! style quests
Information added to library.
Anyways, not sure if any of that is already in planning or has been put out already.
Going now, tatta!
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Return to “Archive Chat”