Events banning weapons

Rafael

Re: Events banning weapons

Postby Rafael » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:02 pm

Terron wrote:regardless the class wouldnt win even if i got a 2 hander and a shield on it and u know it. 1v1 event games all ninjas casters and cavs with a sprinkling of a druid going last or stalker never facing a mage. u know this, its only been that way since... yup forever. the gear is more or less irrelevant because div plays more of a role. well it did before neutral anyway. and rng trumps any gear aswell otherwise monks in blues wouldnt beat monks in orange/purple shit.

you can be snide about it or just plain ignorant. doesnt matter 8 classes suck because they cant win. no event weapon allows a stalker to not get destroyed by magic. stalker is a great class when no casters are in the event or you face none..

I had a few fights against Actaeon (stalker )using my chanter, I think i Lost more than I won and my chanter have a decent gear. Stalker can win.

Kruell

Postby Kruell » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:09 pm

Terron wrote:you can be snide about it or just plain ignorant. doesnt matter 8 classes suck because they cant win. no event weapon allows a stalker to not get destroyed by magic. stalker is a great class when no casters are in the event or you face none..

Sorry, it just seems to me that the answer people are giving to a problem of a broken class system is to break the event system as well. Balance is a delicate thing and it does take time to get it right since changes aren't just a simple thing as turning a dial. If the issue is that your class can't win in an event without class specific items then that has nothing to do with the items but is a class ballance thing that once fixed, will break the events even further. I tend to think of solutions that won't create more problems. Instant grattification is not a good way to go for the health or longevity of a game.

As to the priest thing, if the rules don't allow priests to win then change the rules and don't crash the whole system out of pique.
The following is based on current event rules:
Enchanters and Death Mages = Changes coming, already on build testing. Can't do well now but should with update.
Elder Druid = Changes planned... not worked out yet. Good in groups cause they destroy /hide classes
Cavalier and Ninja = Already winning events and currently tops in pvp events
Stalker and Zerker = They don't win often, but they do win. Could use more testing since they are seldom used in events.
Slayer and Brig = They used to dominate, now people don't like the change but they still do well unless against a caster
Minstrel and Guardian = good in groups but can't win 1v1 against top pvp classes
Priest = fails at pvp unless in a group. Is king in a group

It isn't as lopsided and unworkable when you break it down. Not every class will be capable of standing up 1v1 against every other class.
If you look like prey you will be eaten

Terron

Postby Terron » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:18 pm

group combat doesnt get u any prestige, regardless of what the game agenda or dynamic is you are throwing tons of pp at the same 3 classes over and over.

when u calculate a 1v1 and influence

1) class
2)rng
3) race
4) div
5)embers
6) event item - almost a non factor.

good classes win with greens, other classes cant win with oranges.

the event items dont erase a classes flaws so therefor dont really matter.

there is no balance to break imo. but what do i know ive only abused this lack of balance for 3000 pp now? yeah nvm leave it how it is.

edit: "these items have little to no effect on the outcome of battles. However, they are banned to eliminate the discouragement of newer players that may feel otherwise, causing them to not join" - might be the answer you're looking for.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

anthriel

Postby anthriel » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:22 pm

Event system is broken in its entirety anyway. You don’t even need good gear to win PP in events. You just need to live in certain good timezones and rock up for “losers moshes” and “everyone who participates gets PP” events - which happen quite regularly.

If you don’t live in one of these good timezones then good luck in getting PP at all. The event balance is already broken and barely anyone complains because the majority do live in good timezones and benefit from it. Here we have a case where a minority within that majority are complaining for further advantage. Seems like a lot of rich ppl whining to me.

In any case, whether or not ppl can use their questie oranges in events is a much smaller issue for retaining players than Folder makes out. Things like fixing the event distribution over timezones or the guild redux reforms are far more pressing. To me, this is such an insignificant issue that i would gladly concede to letting orange questies be used in events if ppl supported guild redux or event reforms being implemented.

Change it or dont change it, but please don’t give this priority over more pressing matters. That’s my 2cents. Peace all.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:32 pm

You should be able to use anything or nothing.
Everyone should be able to use the gear they have or all should be made to use class specific gear (some script to enforce this?). Arena gear, all the same for all.
It is silly that you get nice gear but you cannot use it in an event. So you then need to keep a spare weapon/armour/shield (etc) that sits around until needed taking up space.
I have said all this before.
Maybe allow an extra equipment slot (for all gear) that can only be used in the event arena?
It seems like you get penalised when you get a nice shiney as is.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Ohko

Postby Ohko » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:00 pm

anthriel wrote:Event system is broken in its entirety anyway. You don’t even need good gear to win PP in events. You just need to live in certain good timezones and rock up for “losers moshes” and “everyone who participates gets PP” events - which happen quite regularly.

If you don’t live in one of these good timezones then good luck in getting PP at all. The event balance is already broken and barely anyone complains because the majority do live in good timezones and benefit from it. Here we have a case where a minority within that majority are complaining for further advantage. Seems like a lot of rich ppl whining to me.

This has already been addressed mostly. Crystal Smash (Wed) have been run earlier around 4-6PM server time and Fight Club (Thurs) have been moved to the same time slot. There's already random moshes that are ran during the day. I live in the "good" time zone and I make it to one to three events a week including the random moshes that are held late in the evening. However, this is a whole different discussion.
Tivrusky

"The computer’s kaput and we’re drifting through space towards certain oblivion."

Terron

Postby Terron » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:56 pm

i dont think it was actually addressed well. it seems like a couple events were picked to be for european gamers. but instead of giving them an 8pm event like the standard "american event time" they just got strategically placed to catch most EST players at work/dinner etc. and the participation is low quite often. which events were selected for Australians? what about school aged children on lunchbreak? they need atleast 2 events.

most gamers in any game are from pacific time zone and sadly i dont think we have any. and to attest i played the game while living in california and pretty much quit while i lived there. was nothing to do at all but train.

im sure it can be better if we had more people and could actually do events by zone.

id prefer 1v1 prestige events to go away. run moshes drafts and team events all the time so 12 classes can be cool again. then add a prestige system for each character to progress PP through quests feats and PVE stuff. then all our "SUPERLOOT" can be used.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

anthriel

Postby anthriel » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:00 pm

Ohko wrote:
anthriel wrote:Event system is broken in its entirety anyway. You don’t even need good gear to win PP in events. You just need to live in certain good timezones and rock up for “losers moshes” and “everyone who participates gets PP” events - which happen quite regularly.

This has already been addressed mostly. Crystal Smash (Wed) have been run earlier around 4-6PM server time and Fight Club (Thurs) have been moved to the same time slot. There's already random moshes that are ran during the day. I live in the "good" time zone and I make it to one to three events a week including the random moshes that are held late in the evening. However, this is a whole different discussion.

You are right- it is a different discussion. But you are wrong that it is “mostly addressed”. I live in Oceania region and it’s a rare day I see any event on at a time I can participate. And it’s not just a matter of needing more event staff. There are creative ways to allow for more fair PP distribution (eg A no pk room worldwalker that spawns between 3-5am server time that drops silver herocoins into inventory of ppl hitting it, random Easter eggs spawning at 3-5am server time etc). In any case I raised it merely as an example of something that is ACTUALLY broken with the event/PP system which fixing could help a lot more players than a small already-privileged minority. Anyways i’ve pitched in my dose of perspective for the day so pls carry on discussing the main topic if you think it’s worth it (I don’t). Peace.

Miach

Postby Miach » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:16 pm

It's rare to see an event at all, really.

I like in the "optimal" timezone and with my schedule I just don't see much other than KoTH.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:50 am

Miach wrote:It's rare to see an event at all, really.

I like in the "optimal" timezone and with my schedule I just don't see much other than KoTH.

and i never get to see KoTH. I see the odd random team mosh.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Return to “Archive Chat”