Righteous Hammer

Excuses

Righteous Hammer

Postby Excuses » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:54 pm

The Righteous Hammer - Original description.

It is unknown where it was forged, but said to have fallen from the heavens. A blinding bluish light shines from within the hammer. This item has an average power of 16. The Righteous Hammer has a 10% bonus to undead. This item is classified as a blunt weapon and has a level restriction of 20+. This item is uncommon. This item cannot be equipped by your class.

Current description.

It is unknown where it was forged, but said to have fallen from the heavens. A blinding bluish light shines from within the hammer. This item has an average power of 16. The Righteous Hammer has a 10% bonus to undead. This item is classified as a blunt weapon and has a level restriction of 25+. This item is uncommon. This item cannot be equipped by your class.

Would it have not been a wiser decision to reduce the damage to be on par with Maul of Wrecking and Beastslayer, then to increase its level requirement and make it a lvl 25 item? I understand that being 16AD may be too much, maybe (beastslayer is 15.5, and beast bonus) and on par with the Dread and Opal hammers. But why make a potentially good leveling item, more or less, useless?

I know I'm not the only one expressing this.

Kruell

Re: Righteous Hammer

Postby Kruell » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:24 pm

I agree that it isn't optimal as a lvl 25 item. As to what power it would have if made into a lvl 20 item it would depend on how easy it is to get. A Beastslayer is much harder to come by than a Maul of Wrecking, hense why it is 15.5 average power over the 15 for MoW. Even if it were lowered to 14 (since it's just uncommon) it would make it a worthy leveling item as an alterante. Since it is a OaD item (not sure how many chances to drop really) as a green level 25 blunt weapon it really fills a niche that doesn't need any additional depth. Right now it's power is roughly in line with a War Scourge at a lower rarity but I feel that the undead bonus makes it not as desireable as a top tier item since Guardians and Priests will just smite undead anyway for more damage. If there were OaD monsters that were undead and resistant to magic, I could see a use for it at top levels. That isn't a factor right now though.

I feel bonuses such as this should be limited to leveling gear. Not everyone sees it the same way I do though. Giving a blunt weapon a bonus on undead when the classes who can use it already have smite just makes the bonus invalid in most situations if it is restricted to top level classes. At least with levelers, it offers an alternative for when you are either low on mana or are against a magic resistant undead. Then again, this would be nice for that half orc paladin I'm never going to level....
If you look like prey you will be eaten

Excuses

Postby Excuses » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:04 am

The righteous hammer is not an Oad item. it dropped from quest boss. which spawns every 2 hours or so?

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:48 am

If it's by the captain boss then he's an OAD. I would assume its one of the more common drops on the pirates coffer but I'm not sure yet.

I don't think all banes need to be lower level only as they can be used in OAD areas/grinding/etc in the future. I do think we need more 'banes' for leveling though too though I'm not sure a level 25 OAD boss is the place to put a level 20 drop. Alot of bosses will drop blue/green items generally as a 'more common' thing though.

Hammers can be used on druids too Kruell, just to point out, which don't have a bane spell to begin with.

Edit: Ah the hammer drops from a 1 hourish mob too, I see there as well :>

It's now a level 20 green, with said values. 15% damage to undead.

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:44 pm

Yea it was meant to be a level 25 item (like all the other items that drop from the level 25 hourly bosses). it doesnt make sense to have a level 25 boss drop level 20 items again it was a mistake on my part. The values were set to level 25 as well for power and damage it was just a mistake on my part leaving it at level 20 requirement is all.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:16 pm

Lateralus wrote:Yea it was meant to be a level 25 item (like all the other items that drop from the level 25 hourly bosses). it doesnt make sense to have a level 25 boss drop level 20 items again it was a mistake on my part. The values were set to level 25 as well for power and damage it was just a mistake on my part leaving it at level 20 requirement is all.

Isn't the crystal items that drop from that OAD you made level 25 boss with level 20 drops? :P I don't think it's a huge issue specially cause its an hourly

But if you meant on captn butcher, yeah we gotta fix that and remove it from him eventually.

Terron

Postby Terron » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:54 pm

Sad when even the npc's realize its all rng based and didnt bother to get equipment thats their own level. JK :D
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Return to “Archive Chat”