Thief Event Double Hiding.

daedroth

Thief Event Double Hiding.

Postby daedroth » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:08 am

I have been thinking... yes amazing eh.
Why is double hiding not allowed in a combat that involves a stealth class?
Doesn't that sort of defeat the purpose of a stealth class?

I understand it might be a balance issue if it was not an event exclusively for a stealth class (although then again, from an objective perspective it would make INT more important for all classes if double hiding was allowed in all events :popcorn: ), but in an event with stealth classes only... it seems this will benefit the combative (lower INT) races more than the other races.

Main issue:
1vs1: Person a: search find, person b: hide on being found, and so the process repeats. Someone will have to be quicker on the macro/clicky.
2vs2: Less of a problem than 1vs1, but sorta similar.

Possible Solution:
If fight lasts # amount of rounds, introduce a creature that just searches.

Just a thought, DISCUSS!
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Styx

Re: Thief Event Double Hiding.

Postby Styx » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:13 pm

Easily make a monster to kill any players :) 5k dammage? Script it to it just kills all tehe I like the idea let's make it better lol

Rodeo

Postby Rodeo » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:46 am

If I was a betting man....which I am...I would say someone who plays a non int spec brig complained about the double hiding. It’s the trade off of being a DPS brig vs hiding brig. Which most hiding brigs are apexes max str so they are well rounded also. It is what it is gents.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:51 am

Rodeo wrote:If I was a betting man....which I am...I would say someone who plays a non int spec brig complained about the double hiding. It’s the trade off of being a DPS brig vs hiding brig. Which most hiding brigs are apexes max str so they are well rounded also. It is what it is gents.

Aye, good chance. Still funny though, a stealth class combat that is going to favour brute force.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Rodeo

Postby Rodeo » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:21 pm

Exactly lol

Terron

Postby Terron » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:52 pm

whispering in the creators ear...who would do such a thing!?

You hide stealthily in the shadows... before i get flamed. because magic hurts. A LOT!

stand still so i can hit you! lets take turns! you stab me and ill stab you, see what happens. flashback to scream movie in 1996 (yes, its been that long)

no idea why we resort to skillless combat each and everytime. sad really.

i do hope the mage class event in the future allows no skills and is just a no casting melee slugfest. mostly because it would be amusing as hell to watch.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:36 pm

I think it's more to do with search vs hide being a pain in the ass right now with high int vs low int resulting in being perfectly immune. Probably need higher being found penalty for it to at least work properly.

Terron

Postby Terron » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:41 pm

tbh it never mattered before the attack delay. u would get revealed and hit. but could instantly hide and hit back and for way way higher damage if u were a saurian or whatever.

but i agree brigs and slayers(less) somewhat need better hide vs other people and better searching vs other thieves and slayers to balance it out

or we just let it be for once and give a reason tou use something besides str agi str end str!
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:51 pm

In any case it's something we'll probably address with fixing up slayers a little. Plus some other things. Looking at fixing the crashes and stabilizing the server first, then maybe guilds. OADS/Crafting is something that's being looked at build at the moment.

Return to “Archive Chat”