New Guild and Boss Systems.

Inverno

Re: New Guild and Boss Systems.

Postby Inverno » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:10 am

NiteHawk wrote:
I want to eventually release lvl 25-50, which is pretty much just 'better' level 25'ers, as obviously if it was level 25 to 50 with the progression currently level 50 chars would kill everything in game. So level 26 might be either a reset with benefits (all 4 attacks still, 5% to all stats or maybe +1 stat) but I was also wanting to bring out branches. I.E two branches per class. A mage could pick a class that either focuses on group attacks or single attacks with level 26+. Things like that. It's still up in the air though. In terms of endless progressing it could 'maybe' be a thing for small benefits but I think there might 'need' to eventually be a end in all honestly.

Something to take care on 25+ implementation: dont make our efforts turn into trash. Most of us worked hard to equip our 25ers.

I remember Diablo 3 started with max lvl 60. Then took months of gameplay to equip our chars. Suddenly, they upgraded to lvl 70. All equip turned into trash. And im talking about Diablo, where itens drops like crazy.

This can be even worse in Ember, where you have a more restricted drop system.
Inverno - Saurian Priest
--
Lutz - Drakeblood Ninja
Kim - Elf Ninja
Mai - Elemental Ninja
Olrox - Dwarf DeathMage
Tumbizaletalayer - Half Orc Guardian
Bastian - Goblin Cavalier Bark Bark!
Neymar - Saurian Stalker
Mime - Saurian Minstrel

Rafael

Postby Rafael » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:25 am

Inverno wrote:
NiteHawk wrote:
I want to eventually release lvl 25-50, which is pretty much just 'better' level 25'ers, as obviously if it was level 25 to 50 with the progression currently level 50 chars would kill everything in game. So level 26 might be either a reset with benefits (all 4 attacks still, 5% to all stats or maybe +1 stat) but I was also wanting to bring out branches. I.E two branches per class. A mage could pick a class that either focuses on group attacks or single attacks with level 26+. Things like that. It's still up in the air though. In terms of endless progressing it could 'maybe' be a thing for small benefits but I think there might 'need' to eventually be a end in all honestly.

Something to take care on 25+ implementation: dont make our efforts turn into trash. Most of us worked hard to equip our 25ers.

I remember Diablo 3 started with max lvl 60. Then took months of gameplay to equip our chars. Suddenly, they upgraded to lvl 70. All equip turned into trash. And im talking about Diablo, where itens drops like crazy.

This can be even worse in Ember, where you have a more restricted drop system.

I agree. I dont like the lvl 25+ idea, turns our efford into nothing and Its not on DNA of the game. To turn new things you dont need New lvls. Lvl 25+ ruins all 25 alts.

Maybe we can do something like mastering skills of professions. But new lvls :(

Thats Just what i think.
Last edited by Rafael on Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:44 am

You wouldn't lose gear or anything of that sort no. It's something we'll look into though, but not right now.

Terron

Postby Terron » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:54 pm

the thing about diablo 3 jumping levels was.. your character were still level 60 and still optimal (decked for classic). reaper of souls is technically a whole separate game and you didn't have to port your characters over. you elected to start a new game with a bunch of level 60s with decent equipment.

isnt really much to compare, i started world of warcraft when it was max level 60 too...I bet you can poll the 65+ million people that have played that game and see if more than 1% wish it remained level 60 cap with everyone the same 6 super-builds with the same gear.

we need progression that never ends past 25. the rewards should be small enough to not make multiple alts worthless, but they should build up over time and make your character stand out a little. basically just a small bonus for using the characters over a long period of time. no damage bonuses ofc. small things like 5 hps or 2 mana or .5% damage reduced to a certain div(NPC only), bonus of 0.1 on a skill roll, something along those lines. let people mold a character the way they want to an extent. i was figuring every 200-250m experience would get 1 reward, generally speaking noone would hyper farm "perks".

this game has a relative quick ending, and all characters are the same same same. equips the same, stats the same, hell most of you would use the same names if you could, XxDesructionxX. make it stand out or dont
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Rafael

Postby Rafael » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:37 pm

Terron wrote:the thing about diablo 3 jumping levels was.. your character were still level 60 and still optimal (decked for classic). reaper of souls is technically a whole separate game and you didn't have to port your characters over. you elected to start a new game with a bunch of level 60s with decent equipment.

isnt really much to compare, i started world of warcraft when it was max level 60 too...I bet you can poll the 65+ million people that have played that game and see if more than 1% wish it remained level 60 cap with everyone the same 6 super-builds with the same gear.

we need progression that never ends past 25. the rewards should be small enough to not make multiple alts worthless, but they should build up over time and make your character stand out a little. basically just a small bonus for using the characters over a long period of time. no damage bonuses ofc. small things like 5 hps or 2 mana or .5% damage reduced to a certain div(NPC only), bonus of 0.1 on a skill roll, something along those lines. let people mold a character the way they want to an extent. i was figuring every 200-250m experience would get 1 reward, generally speaking noone would hyper farm "perks".

this game has a relative quick ending, and all characters are the same same same. equips the same, stats the same, hell most of you would use the same names if you could, XxDesructionxX. make it stand out or dont

When you see the Power of an unique item, like say soul riper, Its a small bônus on your Leech. When you see the Power of a Quest item, Its a 400 PP item with something else, like burn chance and a very small bonus, like heal bônus.

This kind of progression, in the end, will make more diference than a unique.

Terron

Postby Terron » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:14 pm

/sarcasm yeah, those items have done loads to set my characters apart from all the replicants /end
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Rafael

Postby Rafael » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:39 am

Terron wrote:/sarcasm yeah, those items have done loads to set my characters apart from all the replicants /end

Haha

anthriel

Postby anthriel » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:44 pm

NiteHawk wrote:You wouldn't lose gear or anything of that sort no. It's something we'll look into though, but not right now.

I have an interesting idea that would help with post-lvl25 replayability (i wont call it 25+ technically, but it will help with some of the things discussed without making all gear/progression 'useless' as Inverno/Raf fear.... in fact it will even stimulate the usefulness of green items and boost the economy/desire to keep getting these)

Anyway im waiting on guild reforms before suggesting it (as this is the far bigger issue). But NH, when you have more headspace or if you are curious, please feel free PM me on discord and i can give you the preview lol.

Hanibal

Postby Hanibal » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:52 pm

NiteHawk wrote:Multiple chars have always been brought up. I'm not against it but the community was alot of the times. The fear is that this will simply benefit vets more then new players. I.E. a new player will just die quicker as they'll never have two 'alts' like a vet will. Some have a hard time running two, if we release it on FB/etc its gonna be very hard for them to run two, etc. Again I don't mind either way for that one, just projecting what they said, feel free to make another poll attempt on it but I think it would be better to fix what we have using one alt instead. Login benefits and other things isn't a bad idea as well though.

Could it not be coded so you cant party 2 of your own 25rs so as to avoid the pkn noobs(new players with no 25rs) and if not, someone pkn noobs (someone with no 25rs) has their player descript tagged as a puss or they have their dmg/ac lowered for a week for the first offence, month for second.

I was just looking at for the leveling aspect to help newer players who cant find a party or ppl who prefer to play solo. The newer players would be able to lvl more then one 25r at a time and the solo's might find it less boring like it is when you exp alone, (cant find a party or prefer to xp alone cus you afk alot.)
------------------------------------------------------------
Krange - Ninja
Hanibal - Slayer
Hannibal - Zerker
Krang - Ninja
Zann - Guard
WarLock - Deathmage
Dexk - Cav

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:45 am

Sorry heavily against alts and having to redesign the game.

I understand numbers are a bit low but Alts do nothing for the game besides artificially inflate numbers.

When we go to tablets/fb (which should be our main goal) it will work against us. It creates an unfair advantage for them and is off putting for the new players we should be trying to entice.

Return to “Archive Chat”