PK system and XP

Kruell

Re: PK system and XP

Postby Kruell » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:41 pm

S0mveraa wrote:...not blast people uselessly....en masse.

I heard that used to be the thing to do though.

Lorelle wrote:Seriously why is this even a thread?

There has to be a ballance. There needs to be some kind of exp loss or else pking has no incentive. PKers can take it too far as well. I banned a couple people in RoK for abuse and I know several others who got banned for harassment. PKing isn't harassment, but people most often use PKing as a tool to harass someone. If you won't let someone leave town after killing them 4 or 5 times without taking a group of 5+ people to continue killing them AND you follow them into the arena and kill the monsters so they can't level... you are probably guilty of harassment. It was a huge problem in RoK and only a small problem here but people have a history of stuff like that. Every game has a Code of Conduct. Right now, Ember's is pretty bare bones. This discussion had to happen because the current system is unworkable and too open for issues.
If you look like prey you will be eaten

Terron

Postby Terron » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:03 am

arena harassment = banhammer. think that ones pretty self explanatory.

however, in ember right now, pking is barely a thing. and the minimal amount anyone actually pulls it off is hilarious. so people group up a few casters or slayers and go kill you. aww too bad. lets help them do it again and again by running to the EXACT same location and refuse to move because "they cant harass me forever"

at some point its not harassment people, you're just a fkin idiot. this is why you need to lose experience and take better effort in hiding or group exping. or go to an arena.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:46 am

Terron wrote:arena harassment = banhammer. think that ones pretty self explanatory.

however, in ember right now, pking is barely a thing. and the minimal amount anyone actually pulls it off is hilarious. so people group up a few casters or slayers and go kill you. aww too bad. lets help them do it again and again by running to the EXACT same location and refuse to move because "they cant harass me forever"

at some point its not harassment people, you're just a fkin idiot. this is why you need to lose experience and take better effort in hiding or group exping. or go to an arena.

Well with the second point, I heard with the no exp loss to death there is no longer the 3 times killed in an hour limit, not sure if this is true or not. Is the 3 kills in an hour still in the ToS or not?
This needs to be verified in black and white to people because some people think it still exists and others don't and personally I cannot remember any mention of it being removed. This may be part of why people keep running back to the same spot "well they can only kill me three times and i'm not losing exp to death".
If it's not there anymore, and people know this, then yes there is an element of truth in what you say :D
I am happy there is no exp lose on death because I have a tendency of going afk in the wrong place at the wrong time, but it is also kind of sad that people still whine about being pk'd and there is all this drama, and sad that a no exp lose was introduced in the first place, the game loses something to me (although it would be nice for some penalty introduced to 25ths who fail or are pk'd).
Harassment is harassment though, that definitely needs stamping out.

How about a warning for new players that this is a pking game. I have already mentioned pk'ers getting some kind of notification they are away to attack a newbie (and others have mentioned other stuff along those lines).

I still remember getting pk'd in RoK, for me it actually added to the experience rather than detracted, but I guess we all be different eh.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Terron

Postby Terron » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:39 pm

i think the pk limit part was removed with experience loss.

however i think its a fair assessment that guilds invite members without ever telling new players the risks of joining a group with 75 enemies. truth is noone really pks, and they pk new people even less so. the only reason this is here is because noone knew who is who (noob from vet) at the start of this squire event.

periodically over the past year of no exp loss, chain pking rage fights would ensue, no complaints then. so why now? bullies got bullied back and out grinded.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

JadeFalcon

Postby JadeFalcon » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:57 pm

I might be missing something, but i agree with piddy.

We dont need major overhauls to the pk system - what we need is a system that protects newbies.
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

Styx

Postby Styx » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:37 pm

Protect newbie

If an account does not have a level 25er, then no pk is enforced till account has lvl 25

Else xxx exp loss per nite hawk decision

Simple solutionright there ...

Return to “Archive Chat”