Instances and You FAQ

Lateralus

Instances and You FAQ

Postby Lateralus » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:56 am

Today we released 3 trial instances (which were basically replicas of current oads). The idea here is not to turn everything into instances but at least have some pve that is available to everyone and not determined by the biggest guild or who can pvp the best. However it seems some people are unsure of what an instance is or how it affects the game because of that I wanted to answer a few things right here.

These 3 oads were converted to instances because they are self contained for the most part and offer little to no pvp value. When I say self contained that means the keys and prep is mostly inside the oad. For example we wouldn't turn Dreadlands (archfiend elemental) into an instance because there are keys to collect and there is pvp that happens around those keys. Vazar however has no keys and the whole oad is based inside the oad area for the most part.

The 3 Instances

Flame Salamander - Drevlar City

Vazar - Eastern Alderra Road

Ethereal Spirit - Ruined Watchtower basement

Anyways here is some more info on instances.

Will we be turning the whole game / all oads into pve instances?
No, we specifically chose oads to convert that had little or no current pvp value. Before we do any conversion we will look at that factor. Pvp is the goal of the game however there should be at least some pve content that is not totally based on the biggest guild or your pvp skills.

What time are the instances? when can I do them?
You can enter them any time! that is the great thing about instances. There is no waiting for it to spawn or rushing to beat someone. The instance is always there and you can always enter (once a day). You can even enter when another group is in the instance (you wont see them and their progress does not affect yours)

How many times can I do the instance?
Currently you can do the instance one time per day per account (however we have the ability to allow it to be limited by character instead of accounts that will most likely be used for 24 and below leveling instances).

What happens if i die in an instance?
If you die you will not be able to re-enter the instance until the next reset. The one time per day entrance still applies.

Is there a limit to how big/small my party size needs to be for the instance?
When attempting to enter the instance with your party it will let you know if its too big. (flame sally, Vazar are 5 and ethereal spirit size is 3). There is no minimum, you are free to enter the instances solo/duo however keep in mind you only have 1 chance at each instance so if you die solo you wont be able to try again until reset (so bring a team you think you can complete it with)

How are the drop rates in instances?
Currently they are exactly the same as before (consider this a bonus for helping us test and early adoption). Once crafting is live we will be lowering the drops on items themselves and replacing most of that value with crafting items. The only current instance that had its drops lowered was the ethereal spirit. We lowered the drops on it since possible to do that boss with a lower number of players meaning its possible it may be completed 4-8 times a day.

I will keep updating this as questions come in. feel free to post questions down below. also please post any bugs found with the instance this is still a testing period so speak up either on discord in game or here please!

Terron

Re: Instances and You FAQ

Postby Terron » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:18 am

thanks for the info

i kinda disagree with sals it was literally the only real pvp weve had in months? i mean actually having a 5v5 slugfest with decent characters, not just searching and poking a drop steal attempt.

i however dont agree with any of the current oads being changed. seems like the ultimate waste of time. im not sure why u just didnt create 10 new bosses and use the random area generator that the "gauntlet" uses. select the boss u want and warp in to a whole random adventure each time.

i see no reason all blue and purple gear cannot be obtained via pvp oads (leaving all the ones we have alone) and instances ( new bosses and portals).
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Whitestar

Postby Whitestar » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:35 pm

Was mentioned that Flame Salamander no longer required keys to enter was the same done for Ethereal Spirit? or still need Fallen Colonel key drop.

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:52 pm

Whitestar wrote:Was mentioned that Flame Salamander no longer required keys to enter was the same done for Ethereal Spirit? or still need Fallen Colonel key drop.

Yea flame sally stones are still used in about 3-4 quests.

as for the steel grate key I dont believe that is used elsewhere so can prob remove that but not hurting anyone as is.

As for the instances becoming something like random generated tests of might thats def in the plans. until we can make totally new content or get that generated. we have the current 3 instances to test out and make sure the instance system itself is working correctly =)

Hollow

Postby Hollow » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:15 pm

I have seen several people from smaller clans excited about the instances, i think this is a great direction for the game. Nobody is getting less, only people who couldn't attempt before can now successfully start doing oads without the need to be in a giant clan. Definitely helps the guild issue a tiny bit.

An idea for those who thinks there's less PVP, maybe you have a point. I think we could use an automated death match event, no teams, pots disabled, 10 minutes PP is awarded by kill count and everytime you die you are restored but paralyzed in an arena temple for 10 secs and cannot move until after. It's basically a Halo Death match idea, i think it would be a great throwback to the original mosh idea but with a modern twist.

Then we can just throw away the cancer that is the PVP crystal smash event. The PVE version is very fun but the PVP version is a pain and i prefer to just avoid them.

Terron

Postby Terron » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:24 pm

yes instances are great for everyone, i was one of the first people to suggest them almost 3 years ago. but i think the decision to just steal a pvp oad with an overwrite and some acct flags is a kick in the face. its not that its a horrible idea, its the fact that it isnt anything that isnt overplayed already. all of us, and especially those smaller guilds/casuals, deserved something new not just "here, do this thing the big guilds have slaughtered for 1437 days". now we will just get complaints about "not all gear is accessible via instance", "its harder to get the pvp oads" etc.

and yeah pvp smash is kinda shitty however, so is zerk rawr smash npc. so maybe a random 3 or 4 classes each time. (and how about making skeletals undead ffs)

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:58 am

The reason why nothing is overplayed or there isn't much OAD has to do with a good portion of people leaving due to the current mechanics in game, one which include getting attacked in an OAD you spend prepping/etc only to get jumped at the end of the OAD by a larger group. Tormented for example, most of them claim they stopped playing due to Sil/Empire doing this to them, and they were/are actually still quite a big guild, a dead guild though.

Obviously this isn't the only issue, theres a lack of interesting things to do and the community has a vendetta against each other.

Not fixing it because it's not an issue now but was in the past when we have actual numbers isn't really logical thinking honestly. If we intend on getting 30-50 people online again then we need to sort out the issues that caused people to leave in the first place, aka look at the future, not at the current.

As I said before, we need to move PVP to a healthier spot that still has a good reward but isn't to do with OADs, personally. The reason these were changed first was purely because they are easy to fix, other OADs will be more rough but will occur, to most, except bar some unique ones that actually focus more on PVP, like Thanatos, as its literally a walk in from Wiken thing.

On top of this we'll be seeing about the RNG dungeons too, which should be neato but they do need work.

Terron

Postby Terron » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:11 pm

large guilds were allowed to abuse the party limits because there is nothing implemented to make the fights even and keep them even. you say tormented quit and was a fairly large guild? im sure they could muster 5 people to fight 5 other people. the game fell short because you gather your whole guild and it was 5vs15. wasnt torm silh or empires fault. then on top of this we get implements that ensure the demise of the small guild. heal decay pot decay sickness are all going to affect the small groups chances 2-3x as much as the large party.

some of us stayed fighting with 1/10th as many people. i fought empire solo for half a year. racked up 1000 pks fighting 1v12 and 100s of dropsteals. and instead of laughing about it my characters got nerfed with complaints. drop stealing is piss easy when your opponents have large parties of mass f1 pushers that DO NOT pay attention. you steal the shit and they zerg all the ktps for you in 1 round. then u get called an asshole because its obviously your butthole's fault they are halfwits

every sals fight was pretty much 5v5 or 4v5 etc. in a way it was the only balanced pvp oad. it has unlimited entry, the clan just has to farm shards ahead of time. put in some work for something for once. i think the silver platter syndrome needs to be eradicated myself.

i cant wait for rng oad runs

Ardrahz

Postby Ardrahz » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:41 pm

Should do instances like destiny does vanguard missions. Random all maps, random loot, and do a quick match deal where people pick a class and quick match. Make drop rates real low and allow peoplw to repeat them.
HomeGrown

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:19 pm

Ardrahz wrote:Should do instances like destiny does vanguard missions. Random all maps, random loot, and do a quick match deal where people pick a class and quick match. Make drop rates real low and allow peoplw to repeat them.

Think thats the idea and in the works. The instances we have in are mostly to test the system and how everything works. not to say a few wont stay as is with some tweaks but the goal isnt just to convert 3-6 oads to instances and call it a day so thanks for sticking with us.

Return to “Archive Chat”