Core Game Building

Lateralus

Core Game Building

Postby Lateralus » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:39 pm

Ive said this before but now that we are over on this new forum id like to throw it out there again.

I really think we could build the core game and have it running just like it was before changing things up too much. I know we all liked rok yet we all had little tweaks we would like to have. The thing is if we all make our little tweaks its not going to be the game we set out to make. Rok did well because it was simple and easy to pickup but adding a new element here and there snowballs and really makes things complex.

Another reason to keep things the same is that its going to be extremely hard to recreate and balance this game even without adding new factors and elements. I am no master of games but I am a game developer and currently make a living off of it. I know how hard even the simplest of systems can be to balance once all together. We have a blueprint of what works lets stick to it until we know it works.

Im not by any means saying dont toss suggestions or anything out there because there have already been a ton of great ones I am just saying I think we could build the core game get it tested make sure its how it was then add in those changes or tweaks. Its been a while since a lot of us have played balancing and getting it back to what it was isnt going to be a cake walk and adding new things in before we have the core set might make it impossible to get to where we are trying to get.

Rodeo

Re: Core Game Building

Postby Rodeo » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:36 pm

I have to agree with randy 100% on this and I am guilty of wanting new features that I see posted but we know what works right now and what a group of people want atm and keep it basic like rok was.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Re: Core Game Building

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:19 am

Yeah I'm not really interested in adding new features yet. It's fine to talk about though. But I'm not worried about it until the game is stable and working well 8)

Return to “Archive Chat”