I.. have a dream...

Sicx

I.. have a dream...

Postby Sicx » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:35 am

Hello, comrads. Just been bored with coding, etc. I hope to one day be able to compare to EO. Here is where the dream is going to lead me.

#Makinghistory.

Party/Alliance members removed from the Objects in the Room and placed in their own window at the top.
Party/Alliance members visible HP/MP and EP.
Visible mini-map and inventory at all times, with EQUIP, STATS and SKILLS able to be tabbed over-top equipment.
A whole hell of a lot more objects/npcs/players visible in the room at one time.
Objects in the room sorted in greater importance, Items, NPCS, Enemy players, Neutral players, Friendly players from top the bottom. (Don't have to scroll down, etc to find the enemy at the bottom of the list that is beating your ass.)
Player ran cities, houses, clans.
And possibly a range system where melee, reach, and ranged weapons will matter.
Action Bar where you can drag and drop skills, and use them with corresponding numbers like in graphical MMORPGS.
Along with a targeting system.
Health Bars, Action bar completely jacked, lol. Just place holders.
Estimated Release: 2020(When the MUD genre is compeltely dead and no one wants to play anymore.)
Last edited by Sicx on Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In game: Diablo, Satan, Sicx, Nyte
Guardians of Darkness

Terron

Re: Hi there.

Postby Terron » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:27 am

broadcast data to separate windows, so players have control of resizing each window or closing windows they don't wish to see. quite a few muds do this through java and its nice.

room order could possibly have sort functions added so you can set enemies/party/drops to always on top.

add a party tier window (3x3 for example) so party order can be set. leaders can designate tanks to front row (middle left or right) so melee attackers cannot attack casters/range users in the 2nd or 3rd rows without a trample skill or a pole-arm reach type weapon. an option is for party members to hold down control button and the party window pops up, releasing it removes it from view, so it doesn't need main screen visibility.

minimaps are nice. im not completely sold on them. i've played numerous muds with no map and ironically those are the maps i remember the most. even in this case i haven't learned the maps very well on ember because the minimap moves and the need to do so isn't there. Whereas nightmist for example, i have most of the maps memorized and have no need for maps.

looks cool tho.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

JadeFalcon

Re: Hi there.

Postby JadeFalcon » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:33 pm

Nice UI.

Can we steal it?
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

Styx

Re: I.. have a dream...

Postby Styx » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:19 pm

Personally I like the mini map, good job.

If you want moving graphics you can prob do it through a dull on open gl

iced

Re: I.. have a dream...

Postby iced » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:39 am

can i play with it i want to break it

Return to “Archive Chat”