How WoW quests came to be

JadeFalcon

How WoW quests came to be

Postby JadeFalcon » Wed May 30, 2018 9:40 am

https://kotaku.com/how-world-of-warcraf ... 1826372544

Just a nice read for those builders.

Link quests! In fact, quests should be the primary source of Experience, instead of us having to just pick a mob and kill it x1000...
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

Kruell

Re: How WoW quests came to be

Postby Kruell » Wed May 30, 2018 11:10 am

While questing isn't for everyone, it is something that NEEDS to be fully developed. Thanks for finding that article
If you look like prey you will be eaten

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Wed May 30, 2018 10:00 pm

Yep agree. While story isn’t quite there yet we will have quests fully linked in 2 paths (north and south) up to about level 18. Slightly quicker questing and a bit more exp (some of the quests are simply head to next giver).

Will continue to link these after the update all the way to end game.

Terron

Postby Terron » Thu May 31, 2018 12:37 am

i can do level 1-20 in 2 hrs skipping quests. im kinda hoping quests can beat that time, if not, i dont see it affecting much. rewards and gold can be grabbed at level 25 or atleast 20+ by breezing through them. not really saying much you could do the same thing on wow and hit max level in 20 hrs
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Thu May 31, 2018 11:19 am

Terron wrote:i can do level 1-20 in 2 hrs skipping quests. im kinda hoping quests can beat that time, if not, i dont see it affecting much. rewards and gold can be grabbed at level 25 or atleast 20+ by breezing through them. not really saying much you could do the same thing on wow and hit max level in 20 hrs

yea we have added a few more useful rewards in there as well as higher exp (considering linked quest exp) so it should be competitive at least. also armor should make a bit more of a diff so incentives to actually equip a char although vets will likely have spares already.

in the end there is more incentive to quest for sure.

Return to “Archive Chat”