Florida.

Satsujin

Re: Florida.

Postby Satsujin » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:55 am

Yeah, that's still just a rumor going around best I can tell. MSM who have been celibate a year can donate, but if they're not celibate, they can't give. One Blood is urging people to make appointments if they want to donate though, so many people are flooding them wanting to give that it's gotten overwhelming.
Heave ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die...
Mahariel | 25 Brigand
Starlyte | 20 Cleric
Starstryke | 25 Stalker

Thoth

Postby Thoth » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:00 pm

Half truth. They were turning people away at the door because of an FDA mandate on gay men back in the 80s. Frickin toilet seats infecting the world...

http://www.wbur.org/commonhealth/2016/06/14/orlando-aftermath-gay-men-donating-blood
Thoth, the original creator of the video game.

Driab wrote:What good is power if you can't use it when it is completely unnecessary?

Also....Thoth = Byr

Eyxom

Postby Eyxom » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:12 pm

Aieron wrote:
Eyxom wrote:Apparently, they just dropped the law in Orlando due to the need for blood donations. It's about time

Last I heard that was misinformation. I know there was a rumour going around online about this, but One Blood put out information saying that FDA regulations were still being followed.

That very well could be true. I didn't verify the information.

Stupid rule if you ask me. They can screen for HIV/AIDS now.
"Now I have become Death, destroyer of worlds." - Dr. J. Robert Oppenheimer

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:45 pm

Well from what ive read, the FDA make dubious decisions... i mean arent they the guys who say that glucose fructose isnt a health risk?
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Return to “Archive Chat”